PDA

View Full Version : Most Powerful Prokennex?

flatpick
01-31-2008, 07:47 AM
I am committed to using Prokennex racquets due to elbow and shoulder issues. Currently, I am playing with a Heritage Type R model. This racquet offers plenty of comfort and control, but I could use a bit more pop in my strokes. Any suggestions from other PK users out there?

Thanks.

ollinger
01-31-2008, 08:49 AM
If you're using the Heritage now, I don't think you want the "Most Powerful Prokennex." The 15 series (I had used 15 PSE) is quite powerful.

Kirko
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Pro Kennex Kinetic Ionic 5 PSE. 13. OZ. or the new model that replaced it a little lighter. it really moves the ball back at a nice "clip" spin is kinda easy to put on the ball as well and makes a very satisfying "sound" when the ball comes off the strings eg. kinda builds my confidence when hitting the ball. you don't need a vibration "device" at all. a big plus for me. I can't stand those things, but in the rackets offered today its needed,but not the K 5G.

flatpick
01-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Kirko-

There are only 4 models of PK racquets on the TW web site: Ki5, Ki15, Ki10 and heritage type c redondo. Which one of those were you describing that had the nice pop?

Thanks for your help.

Commando Tennis Shorts
01-31-2008, 10:37 AM
If you're using the Heritage now, I don't think you want the "Most Powerful Prokennex." The 15 series (I had used 15 PSE) is quite powerful.

I agree. It sounds like the ProKennex Ionic Ki5 would be a good fit for you----power when you need it, but still plenty of control. big sweetspot with a 100 in. head

Kirko
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Kirko-

There are only 4 models of PK racquets on the TW web site: Ki5, Ki15, Ki10 and heritage type c redondo. Which one of those were you describing that had the nice pop?

Thanks for your help. the ProKennex Ionic Ki 5 and the older version that I use which came stock at 13 oz. strung and it comes with a leather grip like the redondo. read NobadMojo's review on it under racket reviews (good review) on it. that "sound" is so sweet! I feel like I'm a guy on "the tour" when I'm playing. funny this racket kinda "floats under the radar" so far as being used.

OnyxZ28
01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Laver S or SX demos are being sold on the liquidation page -- with a little lead and leather, those sticks are freakin' beasts.

Kaptain Karl
01-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Try the PK Ki 15 PSE. I demoed a *bunch* of frames and ended-up with the PK 7G. Here's the link (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=783876&postcount=15) to my post about the Ki 15....

- KK

flatpick
01-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all of the good information, guys. I appreciate it.

-Flatpick