PDA

View Full Version : Getting SPONSORED by Companies Easiest-to-hardest

Tennis Darren
01-31-2008, 08:13 AM
What are the companies that are easiest to hardest to get sponsored by? (1) being the hardest, (2) being the second hardest, etc. And, if possible, what kinda deals/stuff do you get? What companies have the the best perks for their players? E.g. comparing a person sponsored by Wilson with a person sponsored by Babolat (imagine that they are exact same ranking/skill/etc.) - who has more (or better) perks? Do you get a better and better sponsorship as you improve in the rankings? Are some companies faster to award more stuff for less improvement? This is the kinda stuff I want to know. Thanks!:)

Sup2Dresq
01-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Little more info.

-Are you an inspiring Junior?
-A college/fututs/challenger player?
-An adult/senior player

Each company reacts differently to the above. I'm an adult player now, and I know Babolats and Prince tend to offer. Juniors are usually Head around here and Wilson grabs the middle. Pro Packages are common even with the smaller companies. Full sponsorship is rare, but again the adult guys get them more often. Strining companies also sponsor (playes package) a lot too.

PROTENNIS63
01-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Babolats tend to be easier with young juniors. Wilson is tough. Head used to be quite easy (top 300) but I am not sure about now. Dunlop is easy as well, they just send everyone in the top 400-500 a letter about a package. I am not sure about Prince.

grass_hopper
01-31-2008, 10:06 AM
all teaching pros are represented by one of racquet companies in my town. they get a demo bag and 7 to 9 demo racquets, 3 racquet of their self, shoes, shirt, string, hat and the catch is to push that brand when teaching clients.

nickb
01-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Forget sponsorship...get some rackets and play tennis...if you are good enough sponsors will find you.

SFrazeur
01-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Reposting these comments:

Free gear is pretty much on a "they'll call you" bases. Unless they know somebody, or a brand's representative has an excellent relationship with a club/facility. But if you are only looking for discounted gear then just go to their websites and fill out their applications or e-mail them at the address they list. Personally I think players are better off buying discontinued gear, previous series models. Usually they are just as good, but just different. you can also find great deals on slightly used gear in the classified section as well.

TW liquidation section: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/liquidation.html

-SF

Applesauceman
01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah, my club pro is Prince sponsored, so she pushes Prince pretty hard there. Cool thing is, she gets a lot of promo stuff to give away. About a ago month she offered me the opportunity to demo the new Prince Recoil string since she knew that I liked the feel of a poly string, but not the feel on my elbow. She frequently hands out hats, t-shirts, water bottles, stuff like that.

TsongaBonga
01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Technifibre=easy
Dunlop=medium
Babolat=hard
Head=even harder
Wilson=not unless ure federer!