PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please.

Chris.L
03-22-2004, 03:28 AM
Firstly. I will ask. how long does a typical shoulder strain take to heal? This was not so much a shoulder strain, but a shoulder 'shatter'. I slipped from a ledge at a freinds place 3 days ago and fell upside down straight onto my right shoulder.
(The equivilant of doing a hand stand and slipping from under the right shoulder - all my body weight fell directly onto the shoulder)
(I weigh a 73 kilos and am 19)
I had shocking pain for about 20-30 hours... then it steadily started to heal.... it healed quite fast untill i felt little pain at all and could move it quite freely.
Now, 3 days later i went to play tennis... i felt like someone put a knife into my arm every time i hit the ball. I am going for an x-ray tommorrow. Does anyone know how long this type of injury takes to recover? it recovered so well for a few days that i thought i would be playing tennis in no time - obviously i was wrong.

Sidenote:
The most depressing thing about this whole incident is that i have A-grade finals tommorrow night
(After a season of 11 wins-3 losses).... and UNI-Games on Friday...................... Its all out of the question now. :cry:

Opinions and suggestions would be great.
:(

Bungalo Bill
03-22-2004, 08:32 AM
If I were you I would ask a Doctor this question. Sharp pains ususally indicate damage. As far as the extent of the damage? You should see a Doctor to determine what was injured and on average how long it takes to heal. Who knows what you did to it. But I woudl get to a Doctor fast.