PDA

View Full Version : Head Liquidmetal Prestige MP

ibemadskillzz
12-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Any nice setups with this racquet? I put about 6 grams of lead tape at 12 o'clock and it feels really heavy and it isn't manuverable. When I took the lead off, it felt bad when the ball it the top of the frame. there is a dead feeling.

Kirko
12-16-2004, 07:49 PM
thats normal; you should avoid hitting outside the "sweet spot".

backhand
12-17-2004, 12:42 PM
By my calculation, 6 gms of lead at noon will increase swingweight by roughly 21 points, giving your stick a swingweight of 346! No wonder it felt heavy. Did you counterbalance this at the butt? If not, you also increased the head-heaviness enormously. Try 2 gms at noon and 5 or 6 at the axis of rotation on the handle. That will give you a bit more power at the top of the hoop, add another 1/4 oz overall, make it a little more head light to adjust for the added weight. Or as your other poster said, just learn not to hit near the top; most players racquets don't like to be hit out there.

ibemadskillzz
12-17-2004, 04:44 PM
I didn't not counter weigh it. because I'm a strong guy. what should I do? to make it feel like a perfect racquet, like Safins.

max200G
12-17-2004, 06:34 PM
It's easy to play with a racquet like Safin's. Just go and buy a Prestige Classic 600. Because that is what he really plays with Head paints it to make it look like a Liquidmetal. Hope this helps.

ibemadskillzz
12-19-2004, 03:33 PM
It's easy to play with a racquet like Safin's. Just go and buy a Prestige Classic 600. Because that is what he really plays with Head paints it to make it look like a Liquidmetal. Hope this helps.

It helped me a lot, bc I already know that many pros uses paintjobs, and already know what safin uses. Thanks for telling me his setup.

ibemadskillzz
12-19-2004, 06:09 PM
It's funny, because the racquet was so heavy that i didn't even feel the balls. It was like 2 pounds. I'm just a high school player.