PDA

View Full Version : switch from APD to Pure Storm?

yourmom08
01-31-2008, 02:29 PM
I was walking out of the club the other night after hitting and slipped on ice in the parking lot and fell on my bag. My aeropro drive now has a super tiny crack in the hoop just above the throat. The crack doesn't even go the full way around the frame, but this seems like a good excuse to buy a new racket. My current choices are an aeropro drive with cortex, or a pure storm. Is there any noticeable difference between the cortex version and the non-cortex version I am currently using? And as for the pure storm, does anybody have any feedback on this racket? Hopefully I will be able to demo both, but any information I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

grass_hopper
02-01-2008, 05:45 AM
pure storm is much more flex and better feel But would not give you the same spin and low swing weight as APD.

galatti
02-01-2008, 07:02 AM
The APDC is a huge improvement over the APD IMO. See TW review. It's pretty good.

quest01
02-01-2008, 07:30 AM
I have used both rackets but I liked the APD with cortex because it had more spin, power and a bigger sweetspot.

martin
02-01-2008, 09:05 AM
The apdc is the best racket i've ever tried. It feels more comfortable more powerful but still good control and is more maneuverable and has a bigger sweetspot.
I like both rackets but the apdc is better for me at least.

Micky
02-01-2008, 04:14 PM
The apdc is the best racket i've ever tried. It feels more comfortable more powerful but still good control and is more maneuverable and has a bigger sweetspot.
I like both rackets but the apdc is better for me at least.

Si Martin.

P8ntballa
02-01-2008, 10:34 PM
What model of the storm were u looking at, the tour or non-tour? Ive played w/ the apd and apdc and they played identical w/ the exception of the apdc's lack of feel, I liked the apd much more. Both the storm and storm tour have much better feel, less power, and are flexy making them more comfy on the arm. Personally I liked both storms more then the apd and apdc, but the tour model was my overall fav. I like heavier stix and it was much more stable then the apds and reg. storm. Also the ball had more dwell time on the storms increasing the ammount of spin I was able to produce.

My opinion is that the storm is a much better racquet, but you should demo before you decide. !!!GOOD LUCK!!!