PDA

View Full Version : More punch? i.prestige MP?

james_R
12-17-2004, 03:43 AM
I am looking for a little more power than the RDX500 supplies and was wondering what your thoughts were regarding the i.prestige MP and i.prestige MP XL? I notice the stiffer and thicker beam but similar weight which sounds like it could be ideal for what I am looking for? Same control, a little easier to generate pace. I have tried various string tensions but cant get fully comfortable with the RDX500. I have seen the i.prestige MP and XL for an excellent price at the moment and am thinking of getting it to give it a go for a while. Thoughts welcome! 8)

ferrari_827
12-17-2004, 06:04 AM
The iPrestiges require a fast swing and it's just as heavy as the RDX500 so I don't think it's easier to play with. It may provide a bit more pop however. I can say my RDX500mid is much more comfortable than the IPrestige mid which I don't think I would enjoy using continuously day in, day out.

The thing that bothered me about the XL was the thicker beam near the handle/throat (21.5mm) and felt uncomfortable. I don't mind 20mm in the hoop but like less than 20mm in the throat/handle, and the RDX500 is 18mm.

BLiND
12-17-2004, 06:52 AM
I'd say the Yonex Ti80 prsonally, or the RDX 500 MP HD

mackadilly
12-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Try:

1) Yonex RDX "300" Mid -Plus

1) Leather Grip for weight and stability:
optional: add lead at 3/9 for balance

1) A Good Quaility mutifiliment (high tension) or Poly

Enjoyment will come from the ability to exeicute "your" shots set to set.

You will be good to go.