PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Customization

TsongaBonga
02-01-2008, 04:09 AM
Hi there,
I really like the MG Prestige MP and its specs. I am currently using babolat pure storms and want to add lead to make the racket like the prestige.......Do any of you know of a website that tells you where to put the weight and how much, to make my pure storm have the balance and weight of a prestige?
THANX TB

TsongaBonga
02-01-2008, 04:20 AM
Bump!..............

LPShanet
02-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Bump!..............

Yes, the USRSA website has tools that do exactly that. I think there's one called the "morphinator" that helps you match your frames to another model's specs. You may have to join the USRSA to use them, though. Try USRSA.com or racquettech.com. An important note: if possible, use the ACTUAL specs of your frame, and not the listed specs, as production variance makes each one quite different. You may end up with results different from what you want if you use listed specs. Also, obviously you won't be able to adjust the flex of the frames to match.

TsongaBonga
02-01-2008, 04:29 AM
Yes, the USRSA website has tools that do exactly that. I think there's one called the "morphinator" that helps you match similar fraqmes. You may have to join to use them, though. Try USRSA.com or racquettech.com. An important note: if possible, use the ACTUAL specs of your frame, and not the listed specs, as production variance makes each one quite different. You may end up with results different from what you want if you use listed specs.

Thanx a bunch!

ladude1957
02-01-2008, 05:38 AM
Hi there,
I really like the MG Prestige MP and its specs. I am currently using babolat pure storms and want to add lead to make the racket like the prestige.......Do any of you know of a website that tells you where to put the weight and how much, to make my pure storm have the balance and weight of a prestige?
THANX TB

TW has an entire section also. If you can get a hold of USRA stringers quide that is also an excellent reference.