PDA

View Full Version : K surge

DomStar7
02-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Are they any good???

SFrazeur
02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
All major brand premium line racquets are good racquets.

It is only a question of if it's a good racquet for you, and considering that you haven't told us anything about your playing style or level I cannot help at this time.

-SF

DomStar7
02-02-2008, 01:28 AM
ok im a hardhitter from the baseline, sometimes volley, and have a big serve (aces win me alot of points in matches so i need a big seve)

leon505
02-02-2008, 09:01 AM
ok im a hardhitter from the baseline, sometimes volley, and have a big serve (aces win me alot of points in matches so i need a big seve)

This might be ok for u. I have a friend who plays the same style and he plays with the surge. It is a very light frame though compared to the K6.1 cousins and a majority of the other racquets, so u might want to lead tape it for more weight and pop on the serve. Other than that its a good racquet.

racquet_jedi
02-02-2008, 09:40 AM
I know about 4 kids at the club I play with that use the KSurge...

One is a girl that I've lost to twice (two pro-sets, 8-2,8-0),
One is a guy (10-13 is my guess) who was once my partner in doubles against varsity age guys and we won,
One is a guy who I lost to in a singles and in doubles,
the last one was once a partner that I played with but lost to against varsity age guys...

I wouldn't call their serves big, exactly, but they can place the ball pretty well with their serve and their groundstrokes...

DomStar7
02-02-2008, 10:55 AM
cool, would you say it is better than the k zen???

quest01
02-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I used this racket for a set when I was at a local pro shop and I thought it was a pretty good racket. Its kind of light but its very easy to use depending on your skill level. One of the teaching pros at the local club uses this racket and hes probably a 4.5-5.0 level.

racquet_jedi
02-02-2008, 02:03 PM
cool, would you say it is better than the k zen???

I wouldn't use the word better, but I'd sure rather get a Surge rather than a Zen...:wink:

Cnote
02-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Actually i played much better with the KZen than the KSurge. The KZen has more weight and more power. The KSurge is a lighter racquet so if u r used to paying with heavier racquets then you will have to beef it up with lead tape.