PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Ti Radical...

BaselinePlaya
02-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I have a chance to pick up a couple of Head Ti. Radicals for cheap. How does it compare to other Radicals like the Twin Tube or iRadical or LM Radical? I know its quite a bit lighter but thats about all I know of it...

Doc Hollidae - your imput is definately welcomed here...

TnTBigman
02-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I loved the OS version. Used it for four years straight. Great at the net and on serves. Defiently a doubles racquet. Really a control oriented racquet. Not much spin either.
I did notice the weight and balance discrepancy between the 98-99 batch ( I had two) and the 2000's (I had 3). The latter were lighter. And the 3rd of my 2004 batch was 7 pts head light (straight from factory specs) compared to the 90's (3-4 pts HL). Another case of Austria vs China. They also had a tendency to fracture at the base of the "Y". Had a pair do that. Same spot.

TnTBigman
02-01-2008, 05:41 PM
forgot, to compare :D

when I changed, I went to the LM MP. Increase mass was a plus for groundies. I think the spin potential was about the same using regular syn gut 16 in both cases. And I didn't like the LM for doubles. Not as manuverable at the net (due to weight and increased head size). The Ti was easier to swing.

rabidcow
02-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I felt the Ti had the best feel just in my opinion, the only problem is the weight, I pfefer the LM version in that reason

EZV
02-01-2008, 05:54 PM
i just got a hold of a Ti Rad OS.....how do i find out if its the 90 or later version? it is does say "made in austria"

matchmaker
02-01-2008, 08:55 PM
I had the MP. Played well but seemed to give me TE. I think the original radical (I also owned in the past) was better, in spite of it being heavier. Now as long as you can swing the weight it will be your ally and arm.
There are differences in flex between the Ti.Radical and the original one too: 66 RDA vs. 63 for the original one.