PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to ?

Lendlisking
02-01-2008, 12:58 PM
What ever happened to Karsten Brasch ? Believe he was from Germany and was notorious for smoking on the change overs !! Didn't he take on Venus once as well in a battle of the sexes match ? Anybody help me out ??:-?

Richie Rich
02-02-2008, 07:56 AM
he took on venus and serena and beat them both. he'd be in his 40's now so doubt he's still around.

Leelord337
02-03-2008, 10:26 PM
he took on venus and serena and beat them both. he'd be in his 40's now so doubt he's still around.

really...I looked him up on www.atptennis.com and got nothing. did he play on the tour level?

lilminihorse
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.2blowhards.com/archives/2003/05/tennis_gals_vs_tennis_guys.html

Lendlisking
02-05-2008, 06:12 AM

Thanks for the article !!

Leelord337
02-05-2008, 12:05 PM

thx limini I found him on atptennis now. http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/playerprofiles/?playersearch=braasch

career high #38 in the world

grizzly4life
02-09-2008, 08:22 AM

in fairness, it was after venus had lost at the AO. i.e. she'd already played a match minutes earlier............ if you look at the writeups on the match, he basically goes over what he thought the two key differences were: 1) men's topspin; 2) men getting women's winners back. i'd obviously serve, but i don't think he did.

A.Davidson
02-09-2008, 10:33 AM
A lefty? Woop-woop!

Mever heard of the guy, but he sounds like a baller! Well, obviously not, since he never got into the Top 10, but good for him that he beat the Williams *brothers*.

Those two are manlier than half the guys on tour.

boredone3456
02-09-2008, 12:51 PM
A lefty? Woop-woop!

Mever heard of the guy, but he sounds like a baller! Well, obviously not, since he never got into the Top 10, but good for him that he beat the Williams *brothers*.

Those two are manlier than half the guys on tour.

Yeah...one of those rare lefties lol.

Richie Rich
02-10-2008, 05:08 AM
in fairness, it was after venus had lost at the AO. i.e. she'd already played a match minutes earlier............ if you look at the writeups on the match, he basically goes over what he thought the two key differences were: 1) men's topspin; 2) men getting women's winners back. i'd obviously serve, but i don't think he did.

so if she was rested she would have one what, 2 or 3 more games maybe? still would have lost

Leublu tennis
02-19-2008, 07:32 AM
This is, what, the fourth thread you have posted on him. Is there a reward if I tell you where he is?

JZImmer123
02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Did anyone ever see his service motion? A thing of beauty...NOT! I used to try to imitate it though. OMG I don't know how he did it. If there's a clip somewhere of him serving someone please post a link!

Elina
02-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Did anyone ever see his service motion? A thing of beauty...NOT! I used to try to imitate it though. OMG I don't know how he did it. If there's a clip somewhere of him serving someone please post a link!

I once saw him play doubles at Rosmalen and I had difficulties not to laugh when watching him serve. I can't remember who was his partner but he had fun, too. ;-)

slice bh compliment
02-21-2008, 07:45 AM
While we're at it, what ever happened to Jean-Phillippe Fleurian, Renzo Furlan, Jeff Tarango, Jan Siemerink, Jacco Eltingh, Bernd Karbacher, Rodolphe Gilbert, Jimy Szymanski, Jan Kroslak, David Nainkin....and hundreds of other people who played pro tennis in the 1990s?

Fee
02-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Nainkin coaches for the USTA now. He was working with DY at one point last year, then he had to go home for a family illness (or his own illness, can't remember).

Lendlisking
02-25-2008, 06:37 AM
OK ? Why do you have to be such an *** about it ?

Lendlisking
02-25-2008, 06:38 AM
While we're at it, what ever happened to Jean-Phillippe Fleurian, Renzo Furlan, Jeff Tarango, Jan Siemerink, Jacco Eltingh, Bernd Karbacher, Rodolphe Gilbert, Jimy Szymanski, Jan Kroslak, David Nainkin....and hundreds of other people who played pro tennis in the 1990s?

YEAH !! What did happen to those players ? Good input !

slice bh compliment
03-01-2008, 10:02 AM
What ever happened to ...

Martin Sinner?
Markus Naewie?
Markus Hipfl.
Gabriel Markus?
Lou Gloria?
Mark Keil?
Laurence Tieleman?
Roberto Carretero?
Eric Korita.
Chip Hooper?
Brett Steven?
Betty Stove?
Jo Durie?
Eric Fromm?
Andrea Leand?
Barbara Potter?
Kathy Horvath?
Kathy Jordan?
Diego Perez?
Diego Nargiso?

Leelord337
03-01-2008, 04:01 PM
^^^they are all living in monte-carlo monaco with all the other tennis pros. :)

Leublu tennis
03-09-2008, 03:51 AM

Martin Sinner?
Markus Naewie?
Markus Hipfl.
Gabriel Markus?
Lou Gloria?
Mark Keil?
Laurence Tieleman?
Roberto Carretero?
Eric Korita.
Chip Hooper?
Brett Steven?
Betty Stove?
Jo Durie?
Eric Fromm?
Andrea Leand?
Barbara Potter?
Kathy Horvath?
Kathy Jordan?
Diego Perez?
Diego Nargiso?
Amazing list. I have not heard of a single one.

Gaucho Behrend
05-02-2008, 07:08 AM

*Tarango is involved in the insurance business.
*Siemerink works for Dutch TV as a commentator.
*Eltingh is on the ATP board.
*Bernd Karbacher is a gigolo.
*Hipfl is playing the odd event still.
*Gaby Markus has been coaching.

AM95
07-14-2010, 05:01 PM

Martin Sinner?
Markus Naewie?
Markus Hipfl.
Gabriel Markus?
Lou Gloria?
Mark Keil?
Laurence Tieleman?
Roberto Carretero?
Eric Korita.
Chip Hooper?
Brett Steven?
Betty Stove?
Jo Durie?
Eric Fromm?
Andrea Leand?
Barbara Potter?
Kathy Horvath?
Kathy Jordan?
Diego Perez?
Diego Nargiso?

general director of sportime harbor island in Mamaroneck, new york, working with elite players .

Datacipher
07-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Amazing list. I have not heard of a single one.

Is it "amazing"? I've heard of most of them, some are quite noteworthy for one reason or another. If you've haven't heard of any of them, I am sure innumerable lists could be made of far more obscure players, none of which you would have heard of....