PDA

View Full Version : one handed backhands on large frames

Bencia
02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
I use an O3 red and I would have to say that if you can hit a one handed backhand really well, you should see how it works on a big frame. I have had some wicked backhands fly off of my 105 square inch O3 red so I think that it is something that some of you guys should check out.

quest01
02-01-2008, 05:13 PM
I find it easier hitting a one handed backhand with a 100 square inch racket compared to a 90 sq inch racket.

SalParadise17
02-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I bought a Hyper 5.3 oversize for 20 dollars this summer, just a month after I started really using my one hander... wow. I hit some massive shots, forehand and backhand, with that racket (it's goofy as all hell but I really like it).
Sal

racquet_jedi
02-01-2008, 07:06 PM
^^Hey, that was my first real racquet...:wink:

I grew out of it though so now I have new sticks...

samster
02-01-2008, 07:11 PM
I prefer a Mid or MP frame for 1hbh. OS frame is just less maneuverable (bulky feel) on the 1hbh for me.

Alafter
02-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah no problems on one handed backhands on large frames. Dont know where that notion came from.

No problems on ANY frame for that matter, really.

matchmaker
02-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Interesting thread, it is true that many people have preconceived ideas that you cannot hit a decent 1hbh with an oversize. I have never tried and I personnally have come to prefer mids (anywhere between 85 and 93 s.i.) but I have played with frames up to 100 s.i. hitting a 1hbh and you are right, I had no problems at all with that. I have just chosen mids now because I like them more on service and volleys. Returns are better with MP or Oversize. Everything in life is a trade off, I guess. But it is indeed a probably wrong prejudice to think you cannot hit a decent 1hbh with an oversize. Look at Gaby Sabatini with her POGOS. And I am sure other examples could be found.