PDA

View Full Version : Seeking new racquet

Rocket54
02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm currently looking for a new racquet and would welcome some advice from the more knowledgeable members.
For the last 15 years i've only used 2 racquets; the Fischer Vacuum Pro 90 and the Wilson Pro Staff Tour. I tried the Head Prestige Classic for a while but didn't like it as much as either of the others. As my Pro Staff's have been well used i'd like to find a racket similar to the Fischer or Wilson i.e. head size about 90-93, narrow beam, strung weight 330-350 gms, very manouverable. I tried the k 6.1 tour but didn't like it at all as i found it very difficult to manouvre compared to the Pro Staff.
Any recommendations would be welcomed.

racquet_jedi
02-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm currently looking for a new racquet and would welcome some advice from the more knowledgeable members.
For the last 15 years i've only used 2 racquets; the Fischer Vacuum Pro 90 and the Wilson Pro Staff Tour. I tried the Head Prestige Classic for a while but didn't like it as much as either of the others. As my Pro Staff's have been well used i'd like to find a racket similar to the Fischer or Wilson i.e. head size about 90-93, narrow beam, strung weight 330-350 gms, very manouverable. I tried the k 6.1 tour but didn't like it at all as i found it very difficult to manouvre compared to the Pro Staff.

If you're buying from some place besides TW, there's more to the list that I give you, which are TW options...

Head Flexpoint Prestige
Head Liquidmetal Prestige
Head Microgel Prestige Mid
Prince Graphite Classic Mid (Original)
Prince Tour Diablo Racquets Mid
ProKennex Heritage Type C Redondo Mid (though, mid is unavailable)
Volkl DNX 10 Mid
Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid
Yonex RDS 001 Mid

meowmix
02-02-2008, 07:36 AM
If you're buying from some place besides TW, there's more to the list that I give you, which are TW options...

Head Flexpoint Prestige
Head Liquidmetal Prestige
Head Microgel Prestige Mid
Prince Graphite Classic Mid (Original)
Prince Tour Diablo Racquets Mid
ProKennex Heritage Type C Redondo Mid (though, mid is unavailable)
Volkl DNX 10 Mid
Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid
Yonex RDS 001 Mid

You forgot Kblade Tour
Prince NXG Mid

meowmix
02-02-2008, 07:37 AM

Your best bet would probably be the Prokennex Redondo Mid. Great racket, if you can weild it.