PDA

View Full Version : Whadya think?

toughshot
02-01-2008, 08:30 PM
What are your opinions on the DUNLOP AeroGel 200 or M-Fil 200? Should i go with the newer AG or the M-Fil and save 70 bucks?

Im looking for a heavier, more advanced control-oriented racquet that i can hit out with.

I am beginning to find the fxp radical mp's far too powerful.

Any other suggestions? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!~!

racquet_jedi
02-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Unless the Aerogel version is an immense improvement from the M-Fil (which I do not know), I'd say go with the M-Fil and save 70 bucks, though the Aerogels should be due to drop to the same price in about a year or so...:wink:

fuzz nation
02-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I had a go with the heavy M-Fil 200 a while back and I could only do some half decent serve and volley work with it. The low powered control racquet that's thrillin' me these days is the midplus Donnay Pro One - maybe worth a demo. If you are a baseliner, you might also want to check out the Flexpoint Radical Tour.

Not wild about the pricetag on the AG 200, but I'd expect that one to be the better Dunlop (the demo wasn't much of a good fit for me, though). I'd say do some scouting and see if you can score a "gently used" AG if you're stuck on that label.

nickb
02-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Im using the M-Fil 200...ive used the Aerogel but it flexed too much in the wrong places for me...it also swings lighter. The M-Fil is a great players stick with excellent control, feel and stability. I play an all-court game...the M-Fil is great from the baseline but for me the best bit is at net...rock solid.

Nick

toughshot
02-02-2008, 06:57 AM
thanks.

I've tried the flexpoint radical tour, but I didn't like the feel of the open string pattern combined with the headsize.

Ive been searching for a denser player's frame.. trying to choose between the Fxp/MG prestige or the 200 or maybe even another option if i see it

theone
02-02-2008, 07:03 AM
I agree with everything above.

I can use the M-Fil pretty well, though (admitably with factory strings and tension) it is quite low powered requiring a full swing. Compared to the Hyper Prostaff 6.1 which I used to use the M-fil seems slightly lower powered on groundstrokes, though on serves and volleys in particular it's a killer. It has some serious punch if you have your technique down. As I say if you have grooved technique you will enjoy it. I was playing outside against the wind and that's where I really felt the lower power on groundstrokes. You need to be able to consistently strike the ball well when its coming back at a fast pace.

meowmix
02-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Go with the M-fil. The Aerogel has a different feel (and a pit of a ping), but for the most part, they're identicle. Although some will argue that one plays better, more power, etc, the bottom line is that they're both very low powered frames that requires solid techinique. The M-fil will do you just as well as the Aerogel.

rosewall4ever
02-03-2008, 05:46 PM
m-fil..save to get a another or wait until the aerogel prices go down....I got a aerogel that was going for clearance already...it should be too long..

Jonny S&V
02-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Unless the Aerogel version is an immense improvement from the M-Fil (which I do not know), I'd say go with the M-Fil and save 70 bucks, though the Aerogels should be due to drop to the same price in about a year or so...:wink:

The Aerogel just felt tinny to me. I agree with you that you should go with the M-fil. The problem is, since they discontinued it, finding your grip size.