PDA

View Full Version : VOLKL C10 PRO OVERSIZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dannyboy
12-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Did anyone play with this racket before. Give me some comments and suggestions. thanks

Tenny
12-17-2004, 12:18 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/viewtopic.php?t=26158

I've posted same question. I hope this helps!

T.

Brent Pederson
12-17-2004, 04:45 PM
One of the best os rackets ever made, imo, along with rad twin tube. Good pop, nice soft yet precise touch, great spin available. A really playable oversize that feel like a more powerful c10 midplus. Definitely worth a try, although getting a little harder to find sometimes.

Kalin
12-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Great feel and combination of power and control. However, as somebody mentions in the other thread, the C10 OS is quite cumbersome, despite its seemingly low weight. The extended length + larger head make it quite difficult to move around. BTW, my regular racquet is 12+ OZ with a SW around 330 and it is nevertheless substantially more maneuverable than the Volkl. You need to take quite a swing on the serve to get some power, otherwise you can't get enough head speed. One handed backhands require good early preparation. You can't rush the swing with this stick, too much racquet to move around.

Also the handle shape is a lot more rectangular than that of a Wilson/Prince. Some say this is typical of all Volkls.

mctennis
12-18-2004, 06:28 AM
There are still soem touring pros that use the C10 OS painted like a newer racquet. It is a great control racquet IF you can generate your own power to it.

b mathis
01-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Ihave A c10 Oversize In A 4 1/2 Grip Size - Frame Is Like New 60.00 Shipped
Any Intrest ?
also have a volkl power boost frame 4 1/2 grip -50.00 shipped !!

El Diablo
01-07-2005, 12:28 PM
A great baseline OS, one of the few that you can bash away with without launching the ball long, very comfortable, not as nimble as some (read "POG") other oversizes at net, great on return of serve. Butt of numerous "taxicab yellow" jokes.