PDA

View Full Version : Lol I am still looking for a racquet! Help please :)?

Alexio92
02-02-2008, 09:13 AM
lol I still dont have a clue what I should get, help me out please :)
LTA Rating 8.2
"Developing" OHBH
Strong Forehand(as in really hit it hard)
Good Serve
Good volleys
Racquet -
o3 tour - too light - not responcive enough

Looking for a new one, have had loads of things suggested to me that in now confuses me. I like the bab aero storm, although yet to properly try it out. How is the aeropro drive? Yonex?

iradical18
02-02-2008, 09:18 AM
You need to demo them and make a decision based on how they fit your game, not what we tell you.

LanEvo
02-02-2008, 09:20 AM
do u have any racquets in mind that you would like to try?

Alexio92
02-02-2008, 09:22 AM
You need to demo them and make a decision based on how they fit your game, not what we tell you.

I want to know what racquets to demo :twisted: I dont really know apart from a couple of babolat's

RestockingTues
02-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Try the LM or FXP Prestige :D

P8ntballa
02-02-2008, 09:49 AM
lol I still dont have a clue what I should get, help me out please :)
LTA Rating 8.2
"Developing" OHBH
Strong Forehand(as in really hit it hard)
Good Serve
Good volleys
Racquet -
o3 tour - too light - not responcive enough

Looking for a new one, have had loads of things suggested to me that in now confuses me. I like the bab aero storm, although yet to properly try it out. How is the aeropro drive? Yonex?

For u the drive (stock) is way too light and is very lacking in feel, the aero storm or pure storm tour are very good both have more feel the pure storm tour having a little more feel. I actually chose a yonex over these and many other stix I demoed. If your looking for a crisp feeling in a heavier stik the one I chose should suit you well the RDS001 mp, if you want a little more weight the RDS002 tour is a good choice. Also the other stik I would consider is the RQiS 1 Tour, it has a tad more weight and tons of spin.

RoddickistheMan
02-02-2008, 09:52 AM
i would get a racquet that has a good blance of both power and control. You have a one handed backahdn so you might want a slightly heavier racquet with a mid plus head. I would probably demo an aerogel 500, wilson k95, pure storm tour for now. IIf oyu dont liek thtese try some 98 headsized racquets. Basically just start at 95 with a racquet that weights close to 12 ounces.

don_nguyen11490
02-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Demo:

One LM Prestige - If you like this racket the most, go for 18x20 string pattern rackets with 12+oz weight, >95 sq in headsize, and more headlight balance.

One Babolat Pure Drive - If you like this racket the most, go for more high stiff rating, big headsize rackets. Basically, other Babolat rackets.

One Dunlop Aerogel 300 - If you like this racket the most, go for relatively light rackets (11 oz and under), around 100 sq in headsize, and a relatively lower flex rating (less than 65)

One Head Flexpoint Radical OS - If you like this racket the most, go for larger headsize ( greater than 100 sq in), around 11 oz, and thin beamed rackets ( beam width less than 22mm).

Once you can narrow down the "category" of rackets from this, we can help you pick out the best racket for you in that category.

JackTheBear
02-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Try the LM or FXP Prestige :D

http://www.imbruglia-inside.com/smiley_yes.gif

Fuzzy
02-02-2008, 10:45 AM
if you're hitting with the O3 tour...the ozone pro tour would be a logical step...it's heavier and has a denser string pattern

try it out

DomStar7
02-02-2008, 10:52 AM
what headsizes do you like?
try the yonex rqis 1, wilson k blade 98, head microgel prestige, and look at the prince 03 speedports if u like.
I am going to get either a k blade, k zen or yonex rqis 1.

Alexio92
02-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Demo:

One LM Prestige - If you like this racket the most, go for 18x20 string pattern rackets with 12+oz weight, >95 sq in headsize, and more headlight balance.

One Babolat Pure Drive - If you like this racket the most, go for more high stiff rating, big headsize rackets. Basically, other Babolat rackets.

One Dunlop Aerogel 300 - If you like this racket the most, go for relatively light rackets (11 oz and under), around 100 sq in headsize, and a relatively lower flex rating (less than 65)

One Head Flexpoint Radical OS - If you like this racket the most, go for larger headsize ( greater than 100 sq in), around 11 oz, and thin beamed rackets ( beam width less than 22mm).

Once you can narrow down the "category" of rackets from this, we can help you pick out the best racket for you in that category.
Ok, I have demoed several racquets before and not liked one of them so thats why I am asking.
Prince o3 SP Black - Too light, too pingy
Babolat Aero Strike - Really liked this, however not heavy enough
Babolat Pure Storm Tour - Liked it, but felt too "harsh"
Dunlop Aerogel 200 - Really liked this one, still think its too light however
Prince o3 tour - Current racquet too light, not enough power. Not stiff enough
Babolat Pure Drive Rod Cortex - I actually liked this one, however didnt have a proper hit with it and the cortex fell off so really thin beam at that part.
Wilson K factor team something or other - way too light

Maybe that will give you a better idea.

don_nguyen11490
02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
From the looks of it I'd guess you like rackets that have a "buttery" response. Hard to define with words, but if you hit with enough rackets you'd get it. Here are my suggestions, but by no means should you buy them without demoing them first.

Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95 (18x20)
Donnay Pro One International
Gamma G325
the LM Prestige
and the Prokennex Redondo Mid

Good luck with your search. I use the Redondo, which is about as buttery smooth as you can get for feel, but the other 4 rackets are gems as well.

DomStar7
02-02-2008, 11:29 AM
add lead tape for more weight then.
u can also look on tennis warehouse and see different weights and headsizes.

Strawberry
02-02-2008, 11:41 AM
You think the Aerogel 2 is light?
I actually find it quite heavy compared to racquets like the KSix One and others. It sounds as if you like Babolat, so why don;t you demo as many of those as you can. I'm demo'ing the Aero Storm right now, and it is a really solid stick, with nice pop, but I'm not sure if the weight would be a problem for you.

Alexio92
02-02-2008, 12:01 PM
add lead tape for more weight then.
u can also look on tennis warehouse and see different weights and headsizes.

you cant change stiffness with lead weight though, thanks for replying.

TsongaBonga
02-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Kid, I really don't know what to say.....The dunlop m-fil 200 fits your needs list, or there's the Pro Kennex Ki 5 PSE that weighs 366g, has a 61 flex, and 100" head so well........

wmrhawk
02-03-2008, 08:42 AM
i use to play the O3. i messed around with adding lead for about a year, but finally decided it wasn't the right frame. i tried several different demos and chose the k95 (16x18). i liked it immediately, but it took me a few hitting sessions to get use to it.