PDA

View Full Version : MG Prestige Mid vs. MidPlus

Bronc10is
02-02-2008, 11:03 AM
I know everyone is going to tell me to demo it before answering this, and I will try to demo, but I have hit with the Mid and will continue to do so because a kid on my college team has it so i can hit with it during practice, but how does the mid compare to the midplus? one thing that bothered me about the mid was I framed a shot or two that I usually dont with my 98 inch racket now, so I thought maybe the MP would erase that....what are the major differences between the two?

Bronc10is
02-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I saw you know a lot about both of the rackets, can you answer my question?

bcast66
02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
the only reason you frame a ball or two more is because you are not set up properly in time. just get better and be ready faster is my adivce. the mid has much better plow threw and has much better feel i think. the 98 just feels like a heavy racquet with a bit more power and a bit more spin potential. i hated the 98 compared to the 93. have owned prestige for 6 years. i have had lm flexpoint and now 2 microgel. all mid sized. i do however suggest you try to find some good strings for it.

Bronc10is
02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks, my buddy has his strung at 17 wilson nxt tour crosses and 16 luxilon alu rough mains, opens up the racket a little bit, I might do that hybrid or go full 17 gauge poly.

bcast66
02-03-2008, 08:41 AM
also with the mid plus when i hit with it compared to mid i feel like if i hit an off center shot... well it just sucks when you dont hit the center of the racquet. with the prestige mid how ever you either hit the center or hit the side. but you never get the awkward feeling and board like response you get with mid plus. personnaly i hate alot of racquets bigger then 95 inch just because i always hit the outside with them. no clue why i just do. but if you hit the center with the prestige consistently it will treat you with growth and an amazing crisp response. get to the ball before you set up and get there early is my advice.

warwar
02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
also with the mid plus when i hit with it compared to mid i feel like if i hit an off center shot... well it just sucks when you dont hit the center of the racquet. with the prestige mid how ever you either hit the center or hit the side. but you never get the awkward feeling and board like response you get with mid plus. personnaly i hate alot of racquets bigger then 95 inch just because i always hit the outside with them. no clue why i just do. but if you hit the center with the prestige consistently it will treat you with growth and an amazing crisp response. get to the ball before you set up and get there early is my advice.

Agree:).....mid give u more control and feel of the ball

Bronc10is
02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Well a teammate of mine has it, so I will be hitting with it often and seeing how much I like the mid sized. A little worried though because Ive always hit with 98 inch heads, but we will see. Thanks for the input

Mara
02-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Apart from sharing the name "Prestige" the new Microgel Prestige MP and Mid have very little in common. Whereas the latter is basically the latest updated version of the legendary Prestige classic, the former is a completely new frame with an extremely low swingweight that gives it characteristics that resembles a game improvement racquet.

Bronc10is
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
How can a 11.8 ounce racket 18x20 racket be a game improvement? i enjoy hitting with the mid, i get tons of depth but i feel for my strokes a 98 inch head fits better.