PDA

View Full Version : Car problem help!

ibemadskillzz
12-17-2004, 03:38 PM
I currently have a Honda 1996 Passport 4WD V6. Whenever the car is started is makes a squeeking noise. It's like Keeeeeeeeee- you know what I mean. The car starts fine but why does it make that noise? I also realized something recently- Something is leaking right under the engine after the car has been parked. Do you know what the problem could be? sorry I did not know which forum to post this.
thanks in advance

TW Staff
12-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Sounds like your fan (serpentine) belt is slipping. Itís not uncommon to start noticing this in the morning when the weather turns cold as this is when a belt is most likely to start slipping. If the noise goes away when the engine warms up, then the belt is most likely the problem.
As for the leak, that could be coolant, oil, fuel, or just from the AC. You will have to describe the fluid to be able to tell. If you have oil leaking from the front seal, that could be getting on the belt and making it slip. Letís hope not as that could be a hefty bill.

Either way, you should seek a competent, Honda friendly mechanic in your area.

Chris, TW.

MARK ANDERS
12-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Sounds like it could be the power steering fluid leaking, especially if there is resistence when you turn the wheel.

ibemadskillzz
12-17-2004, 08:16 PM
the noise goes away after 2 seconds. And i think it's oil that is leaking. It's leaking quite a bit, If it was a few drops I would not worry but it drops about 1 cup of oil everytime when the car is parked for a period of time. What could be the problem of this excessive leakage?
thanks TW staff

khs_tennis
12-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Well to make sure it's oil leaking, check your oil levels in your truck. You could have a very small hole in your oilpan perhaps.