PDA

View Full Version : Power Angle racquets now at Tennis Warehouse

TW Staff
12-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Power Angle racquets, the racquets with a unique diagonal string pattern, are now at TW.

For more info head to:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/PowerAngleRacquets.html

Chris, TW

rich s
12-17-2004, 06:14 PM
how do you string them?

Jerry Seinfeld
12-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Rich,

They aren't too bad to string. There are instructions on the Racquet Tech web site and the Power Angle web site. Power Angle is a dot net if you want to take a look.

Now can we finally talk about these racquets? ;-)

AAAA
12-17-2004, 09:53 PM
This reminds me of MadRaq.

Craig Sheppard
12-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Has anyone actually hit with these? Is the point of the diagonal stringing supposed to offset the angle at which you hold the racquet? Or is it to even out the string bed to make mains/crosses same length? Would suppose they would argue it gives some sort of advantage?

Craig

ucd_ace
12-17-2004, 11:40 PM
I think the idea is to lengthen the strings that make up the center of the hitting bed which would help increase the trampoline effect... just a guess.

OnyxZ28
12-18-2004, 01:27 AM
Looking at the picture of the racquet it looks like the racquet is pretty normal, the stringing is just different; if I took a look at this racquet unstrung I wouldn't be able to tell that it's supposed to be strung differently. I wonder how other racquets would play strung like that?

intense2b
12-18-2004, 03:53 AM
TW,

HOORAY!!! Finally you guys have decided to carry a "non-mainstream racquet". I never thought you guys would do it. I hope this is the beginning of a new era for TW. There are so many other great non-mainstream racquets out there:

-Mitt...catches the ball like a Mitt a shoots it back at you.

-Blackburne- double strung on both sides so you never hit a frame shot.

-Bosworth- Decagon shaped frame

-x-45 - the head is placed at a 45 degree angle

Craig, ,

Yes i have hit with the power angle. It was quite some time ago but I really liked the very thin beamed 98 square inch model. It really did not seem to place anymore spin on the ball but nevertheless was a really great racquet. Its a very stable players racquet. I'm a 5.0 serve and volleyer.

chicubs
12-18-2004, 05:03 AM
ProKennex is definately not mainstream. Heck, even yonex and fischer are not mainstream.

degreefanlindi
12-18-2004, 05:35 AM
How effective are these racquets when it comes to controlling shots?

Jerry Seinfeld
12-18-2004, 06:14 AM
I haven't hit with them, but have strung them. Onyxz28 -- the holes are custom drilled so you can not string regular racquets using this pattern. The concept is to have strings of relative equal lengths. The result is a stringbed that supposedly plays consistent and results in less shock transmitted to the arm/elbow. Just claims, will need to hit with them and see for myself one day.