PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found in my breakfast sandwich!

jmsx521
02-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I've got it from a famous chain that everyone knows; it's a typical cheap place for sandwiches, but I am not going to name it because this post can get deleted if I did so. It is entertaining just to observe their customer service there... real quality place! Though believe me, I was quite pleased to stumble upon such a rare moment in food-consumption history: Witnessing a hair-looking thing sticking out of the cheese doesn't happen every day, and really makes my day more special! I love mistakes like that, and I kind of thrive on them. See, if it wasn't for that, you wouldn't have been able to enjoy this pleasant-looking photo.

On the picture, it looks like a leg of a cockroach, but when I observed it up close and from all sides, I don't think it was a roach; it looked more like some kind of a thin streak of fabric, not hair, because hairs don't fold in that way. Anyway... enjoy!

http://i25.tinypic.com/nehwk4.jpg

Bodacious DVT
02-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Oddly enough, the fiber doesn't concern me nearly as much as that fatty yellow glob oozing off the lefthand side.

my_forehand
02-03-2008, 02:54 AM
^^^^I don't know what puts me off more... :S

No offense at all jmsx521 :)

Sentinel
02-03-2008, 03:43 AM
You sure have a great life, jmsx. First it was that insect on your window that looked like an alien, now this. :-D (Was that you? or were you just posting on that thread)

Shahar26
02-03-2008, 06:21 AM
How hard is it to make a breakfast sandwich at home, where you know what goes in it!

Damnit, you're into tennis, so take care of yourself and watch the sh1t you eat!!!!

shrakkie
02-03-2008, 06:47 AM
How hard is it to make a breakfast sandwich at home, where you know what goes in it!

Damnit, you're into tennis, so take care of yourself and watch the sh1t you eat!!!!

That was good, lol.

jmsx521
02-03-2008, 07:02 AM
You are right about the saturated yellow cheese: Looks like there is some trans-fat in it... and not very healthy. But since I am vegetarian and exercise daily, actually I am pretty healthy!

Matt986
02-04-2008, 10:23 AM
What kind of camera are you using? That's a nice picture lol.

Oh, and that looks like a leg of some sort from an insect.

AmericanTemplar
02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Those legs(?) remind me of a story:

When I was in High School a friend of mine had a little get-together at his house while his parents were out of town. Some of us were drinking out in the backyard while some others were playing video games in the house. One of us noticed that there was a massive potato bug floating in my friend's dog's water dish, another saw it as an opportunity. He grabbed a taquito from a plate that my friend had microwaved and proceeded to squeeze the contents from one of the ends of the taquito, replacing it with the potato bug and resealing the taquito with some of the bean/meat paste that he had squeezed out. He then took the plate of taquitos into the house and presented it to the guys that were playing video games. The poor guy who grabbed the marked taquito stuffed the whole thing into his mouth at once and then spit it out after chewing it a couple of times. He thought that he had bitten into a safety pin (the legs). Once he saw that we were all laughing he figured out that we had played a prank on him and took a closer look at the remains of the taquito and saw that he had bit into a potato bug. The worst part is that the head was missing, there were only like 3 legs left and it appeard as though all of the in***** had been sucked out of the potato bug.

TheShaun
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
did you have your camera with you or did you put that in your pocket and bring it home so you could take a picture?

Gmedlo
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
about 6 months ago I found a hair in mashed potatoes I got from wendys. I hardly had any fast food before that, but I haven't touched anything of the kind since then, and vow not to so long as it's possible.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM

When I was in High School a friend of mine had a little get-together at his house while his parents were out of town. Some of us were drinking out in the backyard while some others were playing video games in the house. One of us noticed that there was a massive potato bug floating in my friend's dog's water dish, another saw it as an opportunity. He grabbed a taquito from a plate that my friend had microwaved and proceeded to squeeze the contents from one of the ends of the taquito, replacing it with the potato bug and resealing the taquito with some of the bean/meat paste that he had squeezed out. He then took the plate of taquitos into the house and presented it to the guys that were playing video games. The poor guy who grabbed the marked taquito stuffed the whole thing into his mouth at once and then spit it out after chewing it a couple of times. He thought that he had bitten into a safety pin (the legs). Once he saw that we were all laughing he figured out that we had played a prank on him and took a closer look at the remains of the taquito and saw that he had bit into a potato bug. The worst part is that the head was missing, there were only like 3 legs left and it appeard as though all of the in***** had been sucked out of the potato bug.

You my friend.......are an ***.

drakulie
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Oh No! A foreign object in food! Can't be!!!!

Dude, get over it. Even the food you make at home has crap fly into it.

Restaraunts are no different.

There is no way they could possibly keep everything out of the food.

Just eat it, and then burn it off on a tennis court.

AmericanTemplar
02-04-2008, 02:58 PM
You my friend.......are an ***.

Come on now--I wasn't the one who did it.

RestockingTues
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM

Mmmm... Protein

iradical18
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Back in 2004 when I was still eating fast food I found a DRAGONFLY in my chicken sandwich. It looked to me like it had been placed there on purpose because it was perfectly displayed, kind of how they look in a bug collectors glass case. I guess I can't tell you where I got it from but the establishment's name starts with a W. I wish I would have had a camera phone at the time.

jmsx521
02-04-2008, 07:29 PM
What kind of camera are you using? That's a nice picture lol.

Oh, and that looks like a leg of some sort from an insect.Ricoh GRD. It is compact size but quite professional. Yes, it does look like a leg of a roach, but I inspected it closely and thought it was just a resemblance.

did you have your camera with you or did you put that in your pocket and bring it home so you could take a picture?I always carry my digital camera. A lot of times I snap pictures while driving my car at 50-60mph on the highway (and my car is manual!). I keep complaining about people using cell-phones and women applying make-up while they drive, but look at me taking pictures while I drive: I am being a hypocrite.

jmsx521
02-04-2008, 07:32 PM
And another one... while we're on the food-with-hair issue.

http://i30.tinypic.com/wsaie.jpg

Klatu Verata Necktie
02-04-2008, 08:14 PM
But since I am vegetarian and exercise daily, actually I am pretty healthy!

There isn't any meat in donuts ;)

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.pachd.com/free-images/food-images/donut-01.jpg&usg=AFQjCNEp86ljgKXrqMYDB_oXtHa0x2Be9g

theace21
02-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Go work in a restaurant for a while, you will probably see much worst...and it gets served to the customers!

Leelord337
02-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I've got it from a famous chain that everyone knows; it's a typical cheap place for sandwiches, but I am not going to name it because this post can get deleted if I did so. It is entertaining just to observe their customer service there... real quality place! Though believe me, I was quite pleased to stumble upon such a rare moment in food-consumption history: Witnessing a hair-looking thing sticking out of the cheese doesn't happen every day, and really makes my day more special! I love mistakes like that, and I kind of thrive on them. See, if it wasn't for that, you wouldn't have been able to enjoy this pleasant-looking photo.

On the picture, it looks like a leg of a cockroach, but when I observed it up close and from all sides, I don't think it was a roach; it looked more like some kind of a thin streak of fabric, not hair, because hairs don't fold in that way. Anyway... enjoy!

http://i25.tinypic.com/nehwk4.jpg

Don't mean to gross you out jmsx but my sister's friend ordered an egg m-muffin from your same fast food restaurant and she bit into the sandwich and what tasted like mayonaise....upon closer inspection it was maggots. She got sick from the maggots and filed a lawsuit. Apparantly they didn't clean the egg grill.

also...my sister also went to school w/this girl who had an ear infection...a terrible ear infection at that....well she went to the doctor, the doctor tinkered around in he ear looking for the sign of the infection and it was a live cockroach...it had crawled in her ear...they pulled the roach out alive.

AmericanTemplar
02-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I wish that I had a way to track down an article that I recall reading when I was a kid about a fast food employ blowing his nose in a cops hamburger. The article was so descriptive that it was clear that the author took pleasure in writing it.

Leelord337
02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Ricoh GRD. It is compact size but quite professional. Yes, it does look like a leg of a roach, but I inspected it closely and thought it was just a resemblance.

I always carry my digital camera. A lot of times I snap pictures while driving my car at 50-60mph on the highway (and my car is manual!). I keep complaining about people using cell-phones and women applying make-up while they drive, but look at me taking pictures while I drive: I am being a hypocrite.

They are nice pictures jmsx. is this your camera? http://www.plemix.com/camera-Ricoh-GR-camera#review

also...I use a Kodak P880 and a Kodak MD853. Mainly I use the p880 for e bay pictures.i'm stuck w/kodak cameras due to the ease of use and overall picture quality.

here's the p880: http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Easyshare-P880-Digital-Optical/dp/B000A8JYB8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1202204739&sr=8-1
and the md853: http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShare-Digital-MD853-Optical/dp/B000UEDU0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1202204762&sr=1-1

Dedans Penthouse
02-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Oh No! A foreign object in food! Can't be!!!!.....
There is no way they could possibly keep everything out of the food.
OP: heed this man's words. Next time play it safe--have hotdogs for breakfast, or if you're watching your diet, a Slim Jim. I went into this sushi restaurant one time and ordered the giant clam. When it came, it not only had a hair on it, it had a friggin' beard. Another time I found moth balls in my food; as if the moth legs themselves weren't gross enough....yuk....

Fedace
02-05-2008, 07:55 AM
I would sue immediately, and get some kind of compensation for pain and suffering. the shock of seeing the black thin object must have took off about 20 years of your life = $200,000

Sentinel
02-11-2008, 03:33 AM
I have worse stories for you:
Lizard found in Jet Airways chicken biryani: http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2004-10-29-airline-lizard_x.htm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/902226.cms

I have often been in restaurants where a customer found a cockroach in the food (in a liquid/curry dish). The other customers just went about ordering and eating as though nothing happened.