PDA

View Full Version : Playing Bad

HRP_FG2
02-04-2008, 04:34 PM
So i was just wondering is it possible to play horrible if you play someone that doesnt know how to play ??

Because whenever i play with people that are on my team or other schools, I play really good.

But when my friend invites me to go play I can't seem to hit anything in ? Like the hit these really wierd flat ball that don't bounce, with some back spin I could say.

Well I just got my Kblade 98 today and I just had to play but the people I usually hit with werent able to come out, so I invited my friend who used to play in 8th grade. And I couldnt hit anything in ! It made me pretty fustrated, so i was out there play from 2-7 trying to do good but i couldnt seem to do anything. I didnt feel like running either

Tempest344
02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
is your friend any good?

usually it is harder to play someone at a lower level because you have to generate the pace
especially a friend coz you tend to muck around a bit more and just "hit it back" etc

Bodacious DVT
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
people often play up or down to the level of their opponent. Its extremely common.

HRP_FG2
02-04-2008, 04:55 PM
is your friend any good?

usually it is harder to play someone at a lower level because you have to generate the pace
especially a friend coz you tend to muck around a bit more and just "hit it back" etc

haha no i was desperate today lol i just got a my new racquet and i jsut wanted to hit, but it just made me feel bad lol he does this weird crap and the ball just dont bounce or anything, then if i do hit it back the point is over

dacrymn
02-04-2008, 05:16 PM
haha no i was desperate today lol i just got a my new racquet and i jsut wanted to hit, but it just made me feel bad lol he does this weird crap and the ball just dont bounce or anything, then if i do hit it back the point is over

Projection alert?

Maybe you should stop making excuses?

It does happen, but you're never going to beat him if you think with this mentality. It's like you feel that you should be able to beat him without even running. No. never, ever do that. Everyone does though, and its really bad. Keep it up, and you're always going to "play bad."

Vision84
02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Hitting against people who don't use topspin can be a challenge. I suffer from the same problem.