PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 700G

kentuckytennisdude
12-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Can you give me your reviews on this racquet? I think my grandparents got me this racquet for Christmas and was just wondering how it is. If you could, include serve, groundstrokes, spin, and volleys.

Thanks, very much appreciated! :P

Trey
12-18-2004, 01:04 PM
I am sure your grandparents meant well but tennis racquets are not something other people should buy for you unless you tell them exactly what you want. Believe me, I know. My wife almost bought me some Hammer series OS racquets because she saw them on sale at Costco. Thankfully I stopped that purchase.

I hope you like 110 sq inch racquet which is lightweight and high power because that is what it looks like from the specs.

Ronaldo
12-18-2004, 01:29 PM
What are you using now? Looks like a typical tweener

kentuckytennisdude
12-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Well, I use a couple of different racquets... Wilson Hyper Hammer 4.3 and a Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.6 Rollers mostly... Also a Hyper Hammer 5.3 and Wilson Torch for backups. All of them are OS. Are they any similar to the Dunlop 700G?

Ronaldo
12-18-2004, 04:34 PM
They all are similar. 700G may be easier on your arm. Had an adult league teammate switch from the 5.3 to a Volkl Tour 6 and thought it was far easier on his arm. A 4.0 player switched to the 700G to add a little punch to his game and to tame tennis elbow. Tried the 5.6 Rollers and could not control it but it had a nice, comfy feel. Just too imprecise. Also tried the HH 6.6 and HPS 7.6 Rollers with the same results. Trouble with tweeners is that all 5 of these racquets together are worth a bag of rags on ****.