PDA

View Full Version : Volkl: Tour 8 vs Tour 8 VE vs Cat 7

midsouth
12-18-2004, 04:21 PM
I played with the Tour 8 for about 6 months earlier this year and really liked the frame. Unfortunately my elbow didn't, and I ultimately gave up on the racquet. The new Tour 8 VE and the Catapult 7 have similar specs but are a little more flexible. Has anyone used these frames and can comment on their joint friendliness.

Swingman
12-19-2004, 03:58 PM
The Tour 8 VE semmed a little stiff to me so wouldn't recommend that. Wouldn't recommend any of the catapult racquets. Would try the Volkl tour 10 MP or the Wilson PS Tour 95. Would wait until the new Pro One comes out though - the specs look really good on that one. Someone on the boards said it will come out in late January. Otherwise, try some of the Pro Kennex racquets. I don't really care for them but a lot of people like them for the arm friendliness. You can get some data from racquetresearch.com

NoBadMojo
12-19-2004, 04:09 PM
i havent hit w. the t8 ve, but have with the other two. i like the cat7, and it is easy on the arm and doesnt feel stiff to hit like the t8. it's a little larger headed and a little longer as i recall and has a bit more juice to it, but no real lack of control, so if you liked the t8 you might dig the cat7 like a day off. also, i think you can get a good deal on these right now. take one out for a spin.