PDA

View Full Version : need help for new racquet for volleys

beanieweenie
12-18-2004, 06:41 PM
need some help and feedback guys. i've recently picked up the game again and am in an area now where instead of the baseline game i'm used to playing, everything is more doubles and volleys. i want to get better at my volleys. i'm 4.5 and have played mostly oversized racquets for baseline play as a kid starting with the pog os to the chang LB os, and now have a babolat pure control + mp. can't volley with it.

choosing between these three racquest having demoed all of them but can't decide. head LM radical mp, head LM prestige mp, and wilson pro staff tour 95.

any long term users of any of these racquets with help or feedback comparison can be great.

i've always camped out at the baseline, have a two handed backhand, and pretty solid all court game. just can't really volley with a long racquet. looking for a standard length racquet that will help volleys but still keep groundies the same. thankx

intense2b
12-19-2004, 05:07 AM
I love the pro staff 95...but the ncode 95 which is almost the same racquet except that it gives you a little more power. But the really cool thing about the ncode is that they make the 95 in a open string pattern and a denser string pattern for more control and spin....I would definitely give that a try as well. ...sorry, I probably have left you more confused than you were before. :roll:

BigK35
12-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Do not get the Pro Staff Tour 95, get the Pro Staff 6.0 95 instead. It is heavier but easier to swing, more stable, and is one of the best volly racquets ever.

-BigK35-

kreative
12-19-2004, 09:57 AM
if you're playing w/ the pure control +, why not just go down to std length? that should help on volleys if you liked everything else about the racquet.

beanieweenie
12-19-2004, 06:02 PM
thanks for the advice guys.

how does the ncode 95 compare to the 6.0 95? also what is the word on the new ncode tour 95 coming out soon. i saw a post for it but not much else?

kreative- i forgot to mention that i'm not a big fan of the babolat woofer system. to me it really gives me way too much power, which i can more or less create on my own. i need more control, and also feel at the net.

any thoughts on the lm prestige. i know from searching that most are not a fan of it on these boards?

thanks for all the help guys