PDA

View Full Version : New Babolat Aeropro Drive coming in plus length?

monologuist
12-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Does anyone know if the new Babolat Aeropro Drive will be avilable in the US in Plus length? I've only seen the standard length available on european online stores....

also does anyone have any info on release dates for this one?

thomas martinez
12-19-2004, 06:28 AM
Yes it will be available. Sometime early next year I am told. And it is a HONEY of a racquet.

monologuist
12-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Can you compare it to the Pure Drive? Does it feel stiffer and/or more powerful? Do you have to string it really tight to avoid the trampoline efect of the woofer grommets?

thomas martinez
12-19-2004, 10:05 AM
No, doesn't feel stiffer, actually more flexible. Didn't notice any more power. And no, I did not string tightly. Only 26kg.

don knot
12-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey Thomas or Mono,
What's the pattern on these sticks? Also do these new babolats (aeropro drve) have the same big serving characteristics as the pd and pd plus?

monologuist
12-19-2004, 11:33 AM
thanks thomas.....I've got an aeropro drive standard coming to me...but won't see it for a couple more weeks probably....I've been playing my Wilson Surge X a lot lately and rediscovering what I loved about it...so if I like the Aeropro Drive, I may switch to the "+" model when it becomes available...interesting that it plays softer than the pure drive and same power level despite the difference in specs.

it's a 16 x 19 pattern I think.....

LafayetteHitter
12-19-2004, 12:24 PM
How long before the Aeropro line will be available here? I've seen them on the UK sites for a bit, but was wondering when the US dates are.

Scott