PDA

View Full Version : Power angle 98

thejerk
12-18-2004, 07:46 PM
will somebody hit with it already? Post your thoughts.

Xevoius
12-18-2004, 09:16 PM
I saw a guy playing with this racqet in a tournament about 5-6 months ago. He was an older guy in his 50s but was putting some serious junk on the ball. So much so that I thought that the string pattern was illegal. He was not hitting very hard just spinning the hell out of the ball and really making the B+ players angry.

It was the 98/k frame.

intense2b
12-19-2004, 03:53 AM
I demoed both the 102 and the 98 inch sticks a few years ago. My memory is a little fuzzy but here is what I remember (I am a 5.0 serve and volleyer):

98-

Volleys- It was well balanced and the mobility was very good. It especially performed well on sliced volleys. I actually did notice some extra spin here.

Serves- Similar to the Pro Kennex 5g. You need to provide your own power but it was extremely accurate. I did not notice any extra spin on my serves, but again, it performed quite well.

Groundstrokes- Very stable and very accurate. Again, I did not notice any extra spin on the ball. The power level was just the right mix. Its low powered but not too low...very similar to the ncoded -95.

return of serve- good sweet spot... very accurate & power level was on the low side . I did not notice any extra spin here either. I had no problems returning serves, the racquet performed quite well in this area.

touch shots : I personally think that these shots have much more to do with the type of strings you use as they are "feel" shots. Gut will always perform the best on these type of shots. Since I was using a nylon string, I cannot accurately rate this stroke.

Conclusion: If you are simply looking for a racquet to give you more spin then look elsewhere; but if you want a really good players stick then this is a great choice! I do not know if the angle of the strings gives you more spin...but they did seem to help with the accuracy. I am not sure if this was due to the stringing pattern or that this is simply a great players stick. This stick is definitely worth trying out and is a serious weapon.

I really did not care for this racquet in the least. I really don't want to give it a review as it would be a very poor one.