PDA

View Full Version : US vs. Mexico

edmondsm
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Great first half of soccer. It's on ESPN2 if anyone is mildly interested. I couldn't tell from the replay but I think Clint Dempsey got completely robbed when his goal was called back. Anyway, back to the game.

edmondsm
02-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Good stuff. 2-2 draw. Nice and diplomatic. The last time I watched these teams play it was a really contemptuous match with alot of dirty play. This one was intense, but not without sportmanship. Very enjoyable.

Leelord337
02-06-2008, 11:13 PM
It was here in houston. My friend said the environment was insane

A.J. Sim
02-07-2008, 08:56 AM
I saw bits and pieces of this game; how would you say that the U.S. team responded under Bob Bradley? Is he doing anything drastically different from Arena?

LuckyR
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Uummm... in the US, International soccer is a women's sport...

itsstephenyo
02-07-2008, 03:09 PM
The US team that played yesterday was really, really young and still very green. Passes weren't as accurate as they should have been. Michael Bradley, especially, gave away a lot of balls in the second half. I was glad to see him get subbed out.

Defensively, the team needs a lot of work as well. Mexico was running circles around US's defense during set pieces. The man-marking just isn't tight enough.

All that said, this current US squad has the potential to be an excellent team come 2010. Give the youth a few years' experience and man, it could be a really solid team.

atatu
02-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Good stuff. 2-2 draw. Nice and diplomatic. The last time I watched these teams play it was a really contemptuous match with alot of dirty play. This one was intense, but not without sportmanship. Very enjoyable.

Curious, did they shake and trade jerseys after the game ? I know in the past when Mexico lost, they have refused to shake and they leave the field immediately.

Dedans Penthouse
02-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Even though it seemed like the majority of the crowd wore green & red and were hysterically cheering for Mexico *must've been many Mexican buses chartered that came up just for the game* :rolleyes: the one thing I noticed absent was the derisive "Osama Bin Laden" chant that Mexican fans are prone to directing towards the United States team:

"Osama! Osama! Osama! Osama!"

Then again, I think the game was actually played in the United States (Houston, TX).......well, sort of.... :rolleyes: