PDA

View Full Version : WHy the Patriots lost

Steven87
02-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Because of that dumb allegation RIGHT BEFORE the game. Maybe the team knew something and they didnt want to get into any trouble. Maybe they wanted to lose

yodudedudeyo
02-08-2008, 06:16 PM
what's this now?

CanadianChic
02-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Are you suggesting they threw the game?

Freedom
02-08-2008, 06:39 PM
What are you talking about?

Pretty sure they lost because Eli Manning led a sweet drive down the field in the last minute of the game...

Fee
02-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Because the Giants scored more points.

my_forehand
02-08-2008, 06:57 PM
What are you talking about?

Pretty sure they lost because Eli Manning led a sweet drive down the field in the last minute of the game...

How he did that..I'll never know.

samster
02-08-2008, 07:01 PM
So you are saying they threw in the towel on purpose after working so hard to achieve 18-0 record?

Fedfan4life
02-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Because of that dumb allegation RIGHT BEFORE the game. Maybe the team knew something and they didnt want to get into any trouble. Maybe they wanted to lose

You mean that same cheating allegation that the Raiders and Packers were complaining about. Or the reason why they lost is because Brady got sacked 6 times and was basically chewing turf the whole game. The giants deserved that win and also won me a quite a bit of money. :)

the-robz
02-08-2008, 07:14 PM
i dont even know the rules of of football or follow it at all but all i saw was that last gamedefining play, and it looks like the giants are way quicker and smarter than the patriots. d unno, thats just me. :)

shintan17
02-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Seriously...nowadays...I am not surprised if any professional sports match is fixed. Too much money involved in a big game like this and if you are a gambler, you know what I am talkin about...

However, the Giants were just a better team on the day and that's why they won. They played great defense and Eli just came through big time at the end.

mitsuki
02-08-2008, 09:58 PM
one word: karma.

samej07
02-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Bitter, Party of 1:)

mcpon
02-08-2008, 10:06 PM
I like both teams.

Morrissey
02-09-2008, 03:26 PM
3 words for the Patriots. B1tch got owned!

maverick66
02-09-2008, 06:15 PM
You mean that same cheating allegation that the Raiders and Packers were complaining about. Or the reason why they lost is because Brady got sacked 6 times and was basically chewing turf the whole game. The giants deserved that win and also won me a quite a bit of money. :)

bradys ankle was defenitly not right and the giants did a great job of getting all over him as thats what good teams do. the reason they lost was because they made mistakes. like samuel dropping that easy pick or when they had manning by the jersey and he threw it only to have a miracle catch happen down the field. little things like that cost you ballgames. its funny all year they came threw on big plays and the most important game they cant make a single big play happen.

Breaker
02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
bradys ankle was defenitly not right and the giants did a great job of getting all over him as thats what good teams do. the reason they lost was because they made mistakes. like samuel dropping that easy pick or when they had manning by the jersey and he threw it only to have a miracle catch happen down the field. little things like that cost you ballgames. its funny all year they came threw on big plays and the most important game they cant make a single big play happen.

As a Pats fan I'd assume, are you suggesting that they CHOKED?

Fedfan4life
02-09-2008, 08:18 PM

that pass was really once in a lifetime. Its funny that they couldn't bring down manning even they had him by the jersey.

Leelord337
02-10-2008, 01:06 AM

hahaha, no, its just Eli Manning made some amazing passes at the most Clutch part of the game. that 70yard something pass that guy caught above his head with his fingers won the Superbowl!

Its just like tennis, when serving out the match there is a good chance you're going to get broken. It looked like the patriots were going to win it and suddenly 2 excellent passes by Manning, and Boom! Patriots Lose!

35ft6
02-10-2008, 02:07 PM
hahaha, no, its just Eli Manning made some amazing passes at the most Clutch part of the game. that 70yard something pass that guy caught above his head with his fingers won the Superbowl!I agree. If not for that incredible play, The Patriots would have won.

Kevin T
02-10-2008, 07:11 PM
I agree. If not for that incredible play, The Patriots would have won.

Nope. Remember the single Eli interception...a Giants touchdown waiting to happen and the receiver boggled a money pass in the numbers and the Pats got the interception? The Giants could have won that game by 10. They dominated in the trenches and hurried Sweety Boy Brady all game. Tough game but the Giants deserved the win. Belicheat got outcoached.

tricky
02-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Through the 2nd half of the year, Pats offense struggled repeatedly against a top pass rush. (And usually in those games where the pass rush faded, then they would light up the other team.) It's Georgia vs. Florida all over again, physical and inspired frontline vs. exotic spread offense with glamour QB. I don't think a run-and-shoot or spread offense has ever won a Super Bowl in the NFL.

The Giants have the #1 pass rush in the league (led league in sacks), and THIS time they featured their playoff blitzes, which they held close to vest the first time they met. There you go.