PDA

View Full Version : What would you say

MoonVolleyer
02-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Hye people I was playing tennis with my friend the otherday and he brought up a question that kinda got me thinking, like its just a question out of curiosity, he wated to know how dose one become a pro tennis player, he askes if u you gota be scouted to play in the ATP or is it like other turnements where you can jsut sign up for it and try your best tog et your rank up?

mcpon
02-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I would say "huh?"

Freedom
02-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Get a national ranking by playing national tournaments. A high enough ranking qualifies you to play in Qualifiers and Challenger events. Doing well in those gets you enough points to compete in bigger events, and so on. At least, that's my perception...

Bodacious DVT
02-09-2008, 05:55 AM
play in satellite touneys, get nationally ranked, kick butt and pray hard

Ash_Smith
02-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Apply for an IPIN from the ITF, rock up on the morning of pre-qualies at a futures event and sign in. win 3 rounds. play qualies. win 3 rounds. Main Draw. Win 1 round. get a point. You now have a world ranking. If you're a male.

If you're female... lose first round 3 times. get 0.75 of a point. it gets rounded up to 1. you have a world ranking!!!

Fee
02-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Hye people I was playing tennis with my friend the otherday and he brought up a question that kinda got me thinking, like its just a question out of curiosity, he wated to know how dose one become a pro tennis player, he askes if u you gota be scouted to play in the ATP or is it like other turnements where you can jsut sign up for it and try your best tog et your rank up?

Start young, practice a lot, play national junior tournaments, and then start going to the qualifying rounds of Futures events close to your home. Some players prefer to go to college first to continue working on their games, and then play some Futures events. If you haven't played a Futures qualifying by the time you're 21, your time is probably up.

More precise info can be found at www.itftennis.com and www.atptennis.com.