PDA

View Full Version : Question for NoBadMojo: PK Ki5

Swingman
12-21-2004, 04:34 AM
I recently read your comparative review on the ProKennex Ki5 and was interested in demoing it. However, I am concerned about the higher swing weight and the power (too much?). Anyway, I was wondering how you would compare the power to your Tour 10 MPs? The Tour 10 MPs are already on the high end of the power range I'm looking for. Thanks.

NoBadMojo
12-21-2004, 05:18 AM
hi swingman..i have found the power to be more on the Ki5 than the t10MP in general, but didnt have control problems with it, and just adapted by spining the ball a bit more. the swingweight is what it is, and can't really help you with a comment on that because i dont know how fit or strong you are. hope this helps.

BreakPoint
12-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Actually, for me, I found both the swingweight and the power to be less with the Ki 5 than with the Tour 10 MP. In fact, I find the Ki 5 to be very low powered due to its light weight and its very flexible feel. It is also VERY easy to swing and to maneuver. Extremely headlight feel.

NoBadMojo
12-21-2004, 01:23 PM
well first of all its not very headlight and next i bet the specs are very very similar between the two frames. the swingweight is pretty objective..i felt the weight and balance to be very similar..pretty easy to check the specs..the Ki5 had good power and it prob specs at aroud 12 ozs strung and maybe 5HL and maybe a swingweight around 325-328..not exactly a lightweight

NoBadMojo
12-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Ki5 swingweight = 325
T10MP swingweight = 328
plus those moving kinetics stuff floating around in there

Swingman
12-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the input, guys. Looks like there a bunch of interesting sticks coming out with the new Tour 10, the Pro One, etc.. Maybe I'll include the Ki5 if I have room for all the demoes in one order. Happy holidays!

NoBadMojo
12-21-2004, 06:06 PM
you're welcome and thanks for the holiday greetings...same to you swingman :) ed

LafayetteHitter
12-21-2004, 06:36 PM
After reading the review I decided to add the Ki5 along with my demo of the Pro 1 and the Tour 10 mp, I was going to demo the C10 but I will save the c10 for my second demo box in a couple of weeks. The 2nd generation Tour 10 MP also looks very interesting, which will mean waiting until Feb though.

Scott

NoBadMojo
12-21-2004, 07:04 PM
scott those are all great frames..you're gonna have a tough time deciding me thinks.........all 3 do well with varying strings and tensions so you can set them up in a number of diff ways..let us know how that works out for you....dont expect them to give you more than what you put in, but they will support whatever you give them really well..what are you using now?

LafayetteHitter
12-21-2004, 07:11 PM
I have been using the Head Classic Tour for the last year, recently I switched to the RDX 500 Mid after hitting with another Yonex racquet for a bit. I switched back to the Classic Tour again after finding it quite a bit more stable, and it just seems to have more bang over the Yonex in the sweetspot, it really talks to you when you hit the sweetspot dead on. The only things I found more favorable on the Yonex was the maneuverability, so I will try to see if I can find a racquet as solid and stable as the Head with just a tad less weight to it. I am thinking after researching the specs a while that the Tour 10 MP will suit my needs the best, but I will find out next week. I am adding the Fischer (since I always hear about the Fischer feel but have never heard it described), and the ProKennex because the specs look right, and your comments in the review impressed me. I have a gut feeling that the Volkl will be my answer, but I won't know til it talks to my arm a while...lol

Scott

Your input always appreciated, and btw you are the one that really got me thinking about the Volkl.