PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Superform Tennis racket

yip kok kuin
12-21-2004, 06:28 AM
I recently got myself a vintage Fischer Superform tennis racket. It looks exactly like the one endorsed by Stan Smith. I wonder what kind of player is Stan Smith. Does he serves and volley? The racket has a long by narrow surface. Anyone out there has tried this racket?

Ronaldo
12-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Stan Smith's game defined serve&volley.

yip kok kuin
12-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Tks Ron. I thought so base on the shape of the racket. But the stem swell into a big trunk just before the grip. Like that of Lendl GTX pro. This design is good for heavy groundstroke but not touch volley. Ever seen a decent touch volley from Lendl?

joe sch
12-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Those are really nice rackets suited to a serve/volley game because of the unusual head size, weight & flex. Would be a nice doubles stick also.

yip kok kuin
12-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Joe, from a collector point of view, are these worth collecting?

joe sch
12-21-2004, 09:10 PM
I think they are nice rackets to collect since they are unusual in design, well constructed and great playing sticks. They are also really good looking rackets. I dont think Stan Smith was as popular as his record should have made him since he was #1 in four diff years and was top 10 for over a decade and maybe mostly remembered as one of the best doubles teams ever, teaming with Bob Lutz. I dont think alot a players really played with those fischer rackets, they were sorta ahead of thier time in design.

yip kok kuin
12-21-2004, 09:16 PM
I agree fully that they look well ahead of their time. and it seems like the confusion about their model continues! pro no 1, pro no 1 ft, pro ft