PDA

View Full Version : Good Techno songs?

UW_Husky88
02-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Anyone know any good techno songs? I've always been into hiphop and r&b, but with the mainstream garbage coming out nowadays in both (especially hip-hop though) I'm trying to find other avenues to look into. I've started to like techno, so can anyone list some good songs? Btw, I'd rather not have the squeaky chipmunk, DDR type techno (although if it has a good beat, go ahead and list it anyway, since a lot of it is actually OK), but I'm looking for more songs like What is Love, Everytime We Touch, etc. that have words, but still a good beat.

krchawaii
02-09-2008, 06:18 PM
There is a techno group
ATB that has some pretty good mixes, similar to that of cascada.

tennispro11
02-09-2008, 06:21 PM
ATB is amazing! His song Ecstasy is really good. He is more trance than techno. Rob Dougan's "Clubbed to Death is good as well. You should try listening to Imogen Heap. She is dubbed as electronic, but she is pretty awesome. Royksopp is pretty bad*ss too. Hope that helps.

T

Shashwat
02-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Benny Benassi has really good songs.

Satisfaction
I Love My Sex
Go Daddy

there are many more, search for his songs.

AM28143
02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
There are no "good" techno songs? Jk...I'm sure there are, however, techno just doesn't fit my style.

-Adam :)

J011yroger
02-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I'll put together a decent list for you.

I like more trance stuff, but some good techno aswell.

J

yodudedudeyo
02-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Daft punk is the way to go

tennispro11
02-09-2008, 06:44 PM

J

Send me that list too. I am always looking for new stuff.

T

yourmom08
02-09-2008, 06:44 PM
JFK-whiplash
Darude-extacy
DJ-Tiesto-lethal industry
DJ-Tiesto-insomnia
Justice-genesis
Justice-waters of nazerath
Kavinsky-testarossa autodrive (sebastian remix)
Zongamin-bongo song
para one-dundundun (MSTRKRFT remix)

thats a list i had on my comp table lol

also i thought this vid was awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyhqE_VOEE

yourmom08
02-09-2008, 06:46 PM

J

me as well for that matter lol

TonyB
02-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Trance:

Astral Projection (if you don't know AP, you don't know trance)

MFG (some very good stuff here)

Infected Mushroom (the Gods of techno trance)

Hallucinogen

There are others. But those 4 (especially AP and IM) should keep everyone busy for a while. I have over 80 Astral Projection tracks and I don't even think I've got them all. And Infected Mushroom just has some absolutely mind-blowing stuff.

CAM178
02-09-2008, 07:01 PM
J
I didn't know that. Me, too. Listen to a pretty wide variety. Listen to the big ones like Oakenfold, Corsten, PVD, AVB, ATB, etc., as well as some lesser known.

Here's AVB, rocking thousands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfolHhGiaa8&feature=related

The music is good in this, but the eye candy is killer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6q72OPYuqY

UW_Husky88
02-09-2008, 07:04 PM

J

Are you PMing me, or are you just going to post here later?

thanks btw.

CAM178
02-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Some GREAT trance & techno comes out of Holland (Dutch).

jman
02-09-2008, 07:24 PM
These are my personal favorites.

'Put you hands up for Detroit' - Fedde Le Grand

'Don't Hold Back' - The Potbelleez

'Destination Calabria' - Alex Gaudino & Crystal Waters

and my personal favourite:

'Mr. Brightside' (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix) - The Killers

rommil
02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
ATB and Cascada are a bit too cheesy for me. Accuface to me sounds a bit edgy. If you have iTunes check it out.

westside
02-09-2008, 08:39 PM
'Sandstorm' - Da Rude

rommil
02-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Anyone know any good techno songs? I've always been into hiphop and r&b, but with the mainstream garbage coming out nowadays in both (especially hip-hop though) I'm trying to find other avenues to look into. I've started to like techno, so can anyone list some good songs? Btw, I'd rather not have the squeaky chipmunk, DDR type techno (although if it has a good beat, go ahead and list it anyway, since a lot of it is actually OK), but I'm looking for more songs like What is Love, Everytime We Touch, etc. that have words, but still a good beat.

Try Lasgo as well.

ShcMad
02-09-2008, 08:44 PM

I think you should try to listen to Armin van Buuren or Paul van Dyk. They make really good trance music.

Freedom
02-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Josh Dies (lead guy of Showbread) put out a solo CD called 'Aesthetics of Violence' that is labeled as 'Industrial.' It's not exactly techno, but it has a lot of electronic music and cool effects. Definetly worth checking out.

tennis_player09
02-09-2008, 10:32 PM
a group of called Oceanlab is really good. The two guys are from above and beyond, and they are featuring Justine Suissa.

Leelord337
02-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Here are my Favs, I have good taste too:

Alice Deejay: Better Off Alone http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=90301627
ATB: Don't Stop
ATB: 9pm
Robert Miles: Children
ATB: Ectasy http://youtube.com/watch?v=QwG4NA1SUd4
Darude: Feel The Beat
Tocastorm: Club Edit

http://www.myspace.com/themightyleopold

That is my music myspace. You can listen and download "ATB: Don't Stop"(blue racer) and "Darude Feel the beat"(skip2)

Deuce
02-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Good Techno songs
^
Oxymoron.

Leelord337
02-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Good Techno songs
^
Oxymoron.

LOL, i've been told it too.

Duzza
02-09-2008, 11:15 PM
A lot of the suggestions were more House songs. Do you like house as much? Because you can start by getting Ministry of Sound Annual 08 then finding some of the good artists on iTunes and what not. Some of my favourite "house/electronica" are :

Daft Punk just everything by them
Muscles
Justice
PNAU

but there are so many songs out there. iTunes music store is your friend!

punch
02-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Two words ----> Daft Punk

Leelord337
02-10-2008, 12:01 AM
^^^only daft punk song i like is the remix w/kanye west, stronger.

Mister G
02-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Er... pretty much none of what the others have recommended are actually "techno"... Talk about confusion between eurodance, trance, electronica, and house... Heck, I'm not too sure you know what "techno" is... :confused:

Mr. Blond
02-10-2008, 03:52 AM
yeah....Mister G is right, you guys are lumping a bunch of different sub genre's together.

I am not sure if you want trance (which is what most seem to be listing)
Eurodance...which I find annoying as hell....or House, what people typically call techno.

Can you be a little more specific? I used to be a Dj, and have a pretty diverse collection of music so I could help ya out, but your description of techno is too vague.

What kind do ya like? Driving bass? Vocals? Breaks? 2step? Freestyle? Mashup/remix's?

It took me almost a year to really understand all of the sub-genres in the electronic music umbrella of techno music.

Mr. Blond
02-10-2008, 03:54 AM
oh, I forgot, how are you getting them also? that can really limit the type you are looking for.

Bittorrent is great for it....but errr.....not legal in most cases.

SystemicAnomaly
02-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Are there any good techno songs? Actually, I love the intros for a lot of techno music, but I start getting bored when the melody & rhythm gets repetitive. Anyone got suggests on techno pieces that don't follow this familiar formula?

Mr. Blond
02-10-2008, 04:38 AM
to understand why there is such a formula you have to realize the way the songs are put together. They have long intro, and outros for mixing in and out of tracks. The build up to a break of sorts is so that you can always be mixing the best parts of the song in.......the songs are really not designed to be listened to from start to finish. At least that is how I know it to be.

That being said, most people are not dj's and don't mix anything, they just start the song and listen.

In order to really appreciate most of them, you have to look to different areas, like the back beats in some songs are really complex. Also the layers of different sounds can be really interesting. I find that the trance stuff is so repetitive though that it makes you wanna smash your head into a brick wall.

House music has come along way in the past five years. Producers like Chris Lake, Ferry Corsten, and the previously mentions Bessani Bros, have really pumped some life back into the genre and produced some great tracks.

It is a shame, but artists like Kascada get much more notoriety because of the catchy remixes he puts out....but in comparison, his music is inferior to many other djs out now.

Mr. Blond
02-10-2008, 05:14 AM
These are my personal favorites.

'Put you hands up for Detroit' - Fedde Le Grand

'Don't Hold Back' - The Potbelleez

'Destination Calabria' - Alex Gaudino & Crystal Waters

and my personal favourite:

'Mr. Brightside' (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix) - The Killers

great choices....Put your hands up for detroit has one of the coolest breaks out there......a club goes nuts when that beat drops. It is really a site to see.

jmsx521
02-10-2008, 06:07 AM
If you want to listen to electronics that are a bit more intelligent, not just heavy dance beat, I suggest Orbital and Underworld. Pick the albums from the mid and late 90s!

UW_Husky88
02-10-2008, 06:46 AM
yeah....Mister G is right, you guys are lumping a bunch of different sub genre's together.

I am not sure if you want trance (which is what most seem to be listing)
Eurodance...which I find annoying as hell....or House, what people typically call techno.

Can you be a little more specific? I used to be a Dj, and have a pretty diverse collection of music so I could help ya out, but your description of techno is too vague.

What kind do ya like? Driving bass? Vocals? Breaks? 2step? Freestyle? Mashup/remix's?

It took me almost a year to really understand all of the sub-genres in the electronic music umbrella of techno music.

Uhhh, I don't really know the types, I just like the non-DDR music where all they play is music (because after a while all of the music repeats itself for like 3 minutes). I just want something with vocals usually I guess.

Bodacious DVT
02-10-2008, 06:48 AM
my friend makes some of the best techno i've heard, but i dont think any of his stuff is public

Mr. Blond
02-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Uhhh, I don't really know the types, I just like the non-DDR music where all they play is music (because after a while all of the music repeats itself for like 3 minutes). I just want something with vocals usually I guess.

would you like me to list a couple of different songs from some of the more popular types so that you can understand what exactly you are looking for? I know until I heard each one, I was lost in confusion.

TNT16
02-10-2008, 07:04 AM

You are most likely to find vocals in house and trance, hardly ever in techno.

Try some of the big names for each genre, easy to do on iTunes:

Techno = Carl Craig, Richie Hawtin

Trance = Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren (ATB belongs here I guess)

House = Bob Sinclar, David Guetta, Deep Dish, Roger Sanchez

From there you can get into subgenres etc. A great site for this type of music is Beatport.com, the best site for house music specifically is traxxsource.com

jj300
02-10-2008, 10:29 AM
since no one knows what song they are looking for, listen to basshunter- now you're gone, perfect mix of dance/techno

Mister G
02-10-2008, 11:15 AM
You are most likely to find vocals in house and trance, hardly ever in techno.

Try some of the big names for each genre, easy to do on iTunes:

Techno = Carl Craig, Richie Hawtin

Trance = Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren (ATB belongs here I guess)

House = Bob Sinclar, David Guetta, Deep Dish, Roger Sanchez

Well said. Saved me the twouble :)

TNT16
02-10-2008, 11:26 AM

PS: You would probably like some of the compilations mixed by Louie DeVito (tons of vocals) and some of the other DJ mixed compilations on Ultra Records.

SystemicAnomaly
02-11-2008, 12:33 AM
If you want to listen to electronics that are a bit more intelligent, not just heavy dance beat, I suggest Orbital and Underworld. Pick the albums from the mid and late 90s!

blabit and jmsx521 - thnx for the replies.

tennisplayer1981
02-11-2008, 09:05 AM
If you have XM satellite radio try channel 81.

My list:
Lenoid Rudenko- Summerfish
Lenoid Rudenko- Real Life
De Souza/Shena- Guilty
Tom Novy- Take It
Roger Sanchez- Lost
Eric Prydz- Proper Education
Mylo ft Freeform Five- Muscle Car (Kleinenberg Remix)
Freeform Five- No More Conversations (Mylo Mix)
and there's more...Michael Gray, Bimbo Jones, Gabriel & Dresden

PDRPPHVS+
02-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Daft Punk And Justice!

Craig Sheppard
02-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I would really like someone "in the know" to explain the difference between house, trance, and techno to me. Techno and house seem more similar from what I've heard, b/c they can both be remixed songs w/ lyrics and stuff...but techno is more electronic I guess. Most trance I've heard (O think) doesn't have any lyrics and seems a lot faster. I guess. So what is the deal?

A.J. Sim
02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
^^

Yes, seriously, someone needs to explain the difference between House, Trance and Techno. They all sound the same to me. BTW, Craig Sheppard, I liked that thread you wrote about your balance board; are you still using it?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned any of Paul Oakenfold's songs; "Ready, Steady Go" is good and I'm not even a huge fan of techno. Crystal Method also makes good techno.

Breakaz54z
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
The music is good in this, but the eye candy is killer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6q72OPYuqY

At one minute, wow! :shock:

MegacedU
02-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Dr Jones by Aqua. Exxxxcellent

Leelord337
02-11-2008, 09:19 PM
^^^Didn't Aqua have that song: "Barbie Girl?" lol

MegacedU
02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
^^^Didn't Aqua have that song: "Barbie Girl?" lol

Yeah but that was only the beginning of their greatness.

rommil
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Dr Jones by Aqua. Exxxxcellent

In fairness to the OP he did ask for "good songs". Aqua sounds are for 5 year olds.

Leelord337
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
^^^girl music, :), reminds me of madonna Hung Up, but way more disney channelish

btwIn fairness to the OP he did ask for "good songs". Aqua sounds are for 5 year olds.

Take it ez, rommil, everybody's tastes are different. This is a good one to make up for it and my favorite music video ever: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5oqmhVNk3Hg

MegacedU
02-11-2008, 09:31 PM
In fairness to the OP he did ask for "good songs". Aqua sounds are for 5 year olds.

Did I insult your musical taste? Didn't think so. Please respect my opinion and keep all your negativity to yourself. Just because you're miserable and can't accept the joyous and fun sounds of Aqua, doesn't mean the rest of us have to wallow in self pity too.

rommil
02-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Did I insult your musical taste? Didn't think so. Please respect my opinion and keep all your negativity to yourself. Just because you're miserable and can't accept the joyous and fun sounds of Aqua, doesn't mean the rest of us have to wallow in self pity too.

You can take my comment and twist it the way you want. Fact remains sounds Aqua produces are for kids or maybe fat bimbos. Funny you already diagnosed me as miserable. You are too sharp. Now can you give your niece her cd back?

THSBOI
02-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Ohhh Dj Trashy- Running on empty or Listening to the rain i think they are both good =]

rommil
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
^^^girl music, :), reminds me of madonna Hung Up, but way more disney channelish

btw

Take it ez, rommil, everybody's tastes are different. This is a good one to make up for it and my favorite music video ever: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5oqmhVNk3Hg

Nah Leelord everything is cool here. BTW how was the rest of the songs from that cd?

MegacedU
02-11-2008, 09:39 PM
You can take my comment and twist it the way you want. Fact remains sounds Aqua produces are for kids or maybe fat bimbos. Funny you already diagnosed me as miserable. You are too sharp. Now can you give your niece her cd back?

Fact remains that I'm damn skinny and beautiful and I still LOVE Aqua. It always puts me in a good mood. You are miserable. You come in here insulting people left and right. What's not miserable about that? And for your information, I have no niece, the CD belongs to ME.

Leelord337
02-11-2008, 09:44 PM

dude, have u ever seen a bartender that isn't hot? fyi megace is a bartender (according to her profile) and i bet she's as hot as anna, :)

rommil
02-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Fact remains that I'm damn skinny and beautiful and I still LOVE Aqua. It always puts me in a good mood. You are miserable. You come in here insulting people left and right. What's not miserable about that? And for your information, I have no niece, the CD belongs to ME.

I try to comment the way I see it. I know it doesn't fare with people like you who always wants to solicit attention and approval from other people and cannot take it when told otherwise. Anyways, my comment about Aqua still stands and cool for you it puts you in a good mood. Rock on!

rommil
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
dude, have u ever seen a bartender that isn't hot? fyi megace is a bartender (according to her profile) and i bet she's as hot as anna, :)

LOL I will refrain from making a comment as I have said enough to "allegedly" **** her off.

tursafinov
02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
I live for long trance sets.

My fave's are local:

DJ GT and his brother Project C

www.generationtrance.com

Don't be intimidated by their duration. listen to it through and look at their tracklist to see if there are any artists you keep coming back to.

The Voices of Trance Series is killer!!
My faves are "Moonshine" and "Morning" and Project C's "Broken Progression"

Great topic thanx OP!

~Tursa

Leelord337
02-11-2008, 10:56 PM
check this out for good trance songs:

they're downloadable too

Pleepers
02-11-2008, 10:59 PM
The music is good in this, but the eye candy is killer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6q72OPYuqY

Amazing what drugs and dancing all night will do for a body :shock:

Some of the techno (maybe its more Britishpop ???) I've been listening to (on occasion) includes:

-Hot Chip-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtxAou8c28k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHB9F8tvGVM

-Goldfrapp-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Z-TWCIbxI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSbMZq6Y8ys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2VktozqkSc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUn2qiklSs0&feature=related

Duzza
02-12-2008, 04:53 AM
great choices....Put your hands up for detroit has one of the coolest breaks out there......a club goes nuts when that beat drops. It is really a site to see.

Would you call that song techno?

Mister G
02-12-2008, 08:13 AM

No. I'ts more electro house if anything (and a highly over-rated song too)

MegacedU
02-12-2008, 09:15 AM
LOL I will refrain from making a comment as I have said enough to "allegedly" **** her off.

I was nowhere near ****ed off. I don't need approval from others to know that i'm even better looking than Anna is. LOL yourself!

TNT16
02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
I would really like someone "in the know" to explain the difference between house, trance, and techno to me. Techno and house seem more similar from what I've heard, b/c they can both be remixed songs w/ lyrics and stuff...but techno is more electronic I guess. Most trance I've heard (O think) doesn't have any lyrics and seems a lot faster. I guess. So what is the deal?

Trance is indeed typically faster/at a higher BPM (beats per minute) level, but trance often does include lyrics, techno rarely.

Best way to see the difference is by listening to the music a bit:

House:
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/genre/detail/5/house

Techno:
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/genre/detail/6/techno

Trance:
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/genre/detail/7/trance

On each page you can click on "Top 100 Downloads" and then listen to 2 minute audio samples . . . this should give you the idea pretty quickly.

TNT16
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM

Mister G knows what he is talking about (although I disagree about the overrated part).

If you like "Put Your Hands Up" you will probably love "Perfect Exceeder".

Dedans Penthouse
02-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Stephane Pompougnac's (Hotel Costes' resident DJ) "Hotel Costes - Vol. VI."

Imo, his later ones--esp. Vol. VIII and Vol. X get a little weird in spots. But the guy knows his stuff--his recent (2007) "Hello Mademoiselle" is a self-penned GEM and a CD that I would highly recommend if you're 'not above' taking in this sort of vibe on occassion....very trancing' ....esp. slunk-down in an over-stuffed couch in the Costes' bar with an espresso martini dangling in hand...preferrably 'buzzed'.....lol....

BUT BACK TO THE FUN STUFF! : :-)

PLEASE continue 'Anna' and rommill; your exchanges are a hell of a lot more fun reading than my 'takes-on-techno.' And the good part is nobody appears to be *cough* "anywhere near ****ed off" enough to, for example, take the harmless dissing of a Juicy Couture-ish pop band as a personal swipe of sorts. :cool: Carrie-on kids! :-) Aqua-Fresh: available at cvs. :-)

zapvor
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
we should upload stuff so the rest of us can sample it

zapvor
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
damn those youtubes are insane.

rommil
02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I was nowhere near ****ed off. I don't need approval from others to know that i'm even better looking than Anna is. LOL yourself!

You know the truly beautiful people don't say themselves how beautiful they are. Obviously you are not one of them. The OP was asking for good techno songs. Is Aqua even techno? You really think he would listen to Aqua? Give it a thought if you are capable of it. BTW you are talking about Anna Nicole Smith I take it.

MegacedU
02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
You know the truely beautiful people don't say themselves how beautiful they are. Obviously you are not one of them. The OP was asking for good techno songs. Is Aqua even techno? You really think he would listen to Aqua? Give it a thought if you are capable of it. BTW you are talking about Anna Nicole Smith I take it.

And truly intelligent people know how to spell truly. Obviously you are not one of them. I consider a lot of Aqua, less the Barbie song, to be techno, and since many have not discovered Aqua outside of that I figured I'd offer my suggestion until you so rudely insulted my musical taste. Have YOU ever heard of Aqua other than the Barbie song? I'd be impressed if you could name three other songs.

Just for the record, it doesn't matter whether you're talking about Anna Nicole Smith or Anna Kournikova, I'm better looking than both. That is all.

rommil
02-12-2008, 07:46 PM

You want to criticize my spelling? Oh yeah, it is written as I'm not i'm.

rommil
02-12-2008, 07:55 PM
And truly intelligent people know how to spell truly. Obviously you are not one of them. I consider a lot of Aqua, less the Barbie song, to be techno, and since many have not discovered Aqua outside of that I figured I'd offer my suggestion until you so rudely insulted my musical taste. Have YOU ever heard of Aqua other than the Barbie song? I'd be impressed if you could name three other songs.

Just for the record, it doesn't matter whether you're talking about Anna Nicole Smith or Anna Kournikova, I'm better looking than both. That is all.
Obviously you are not the one to classify music if they are techno or not. These genres do not get decided by you. Are you really that dense? I could easily look up in iTunes and enumerate songs from there. Oh yes I did look up and listened to a sample of your exxxxcellent song Dr Jones and it is not any better than the Barbie girl song. If it interest you it classifies Aqua as pop, not techno.

MegacedU
02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Get some new material and a smile. Seriously you came off as a ***** and you were disrespectful towards my opinion. I didn't appreciate it. You don't have to like Aqua, but I do. So, leave it alone.

MegacedU
02-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Really? When did I ever claim that I was the end all be all of genres? To me, Aqua sounds like techno. If it's not techno, then they certainly have some mixes that are. Like I said it's an opinion thing and it's silly for you to get so mean over a matter of opinion.

rommil
02-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Get some new material and a smile. Seriously you came off as a ***** and you were disrespectful towards my opinion. I didn't appreciate it. You don't have to like Aqua, but I do. So, leave it alone.

You know what would be a better thing to do? You might need to broaden your horizons on other music beside what's fed to you by the radio. The other posters have suggested some names that obviously they have spent time and effort to search and listen to. All you can come up with is Aqua. Anyways, I am done with talking to you.

rommil
02-12-2008, 08:04 PM

Ok ok, I apologize if you took it that way.

MegacedU
02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
In fact, the only Aqua song I've ever heard on the radio is/was the Barbie Song. Aqua has two albums, actually, so I have spent some time and effort searching and listening to them. Like I said, nobody's making you like them, I was merely stating that I did. Since when are you the authority of judging "good" music? I'm glad you're done, I want you to leave me alone. I distance myself from the miserable, Val Jean.

TNT16
02-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Really? When did I ever claim that I was the end all be all of genres? To me, Aqua sounds like techno. If it's not techno, then they certainly have some mixes that are. Like I said it's an opinion thing and it's silly for you to get so mean over a matter of opinion.

Aqua is not techno - I think we should all be able to agree on that.

I will refrain from commenting on the rest although that is *really* difficult.

MegacedU
02-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok ok, I apologize if you took it that way.

Apology accepted

CAM178
02-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Glad you two made up. Now here's something to make us all laugh. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fvLs5KXWYI

Leelord337
02-12-2008, 11:05 PM
^^^that was crazy! Lady w/the stupid blue hair, I'm glad that guy tried to tackle her. & I wish I had abs like that viking dude

Dedans Penthouse
02-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Aqua is not techno - I think we should all be able to agree on that.

I will refrain from commenting on the rest although that is *really* difficult.
Agreed. I for one am guilty of lazily labeling a lot of different music "techno" when it's (by a techno purist's definition) not; but I'm not a purist. I know that techno originally was a Motor City electronic form that was pretty raw and by comparison, house (e.g. Metro Area, Daft Punk) was disco-based (even after 'house' went pure electronic). Techno has apparently (per the purists) fractured into various forms such as hardcore ([color=aqua]AQUA-/color]-LOL, Luke Slater et al). I guess my previous selection, Stephane Pompougnac, could be classified more along the lines of trance or lounge; Goa trance (some 'trippy' elements over his 'beats').

Meg check out the version (barbie song) by "The Dog House" A favorite for the whole family~! :-)

Mr. Blond
02-13-2008, 09:56 AM

more house than techno....I try to not use the term techno...it is to many times misused.

retrowagen
02-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Agreed. I for one am guilty of lazily labeling a lot of different music "techno" when it's (by a techno purist's definition) not; but I'm not a purist. I know that techno originally was a Motor City electronic form that was pretty raw

Actually, I believe techno originated in Germany in the early 1970's with groups such as Kraftwerk, Can!, and Tangerine Dream. It later diverged into many subgenres as this thread has pointed out, from commercial technopop (popular in Europe) to house, deep house, acid house, Drum 'n' Bass, trance, triphammer, trip-hop, euro dance, etc. etc. etc.

I sorta like Hooverphonic (considered trip-hop, I suppose), Future Sound of London (trance), Orbital (trance), Kraftwerk (Ur-techno), Olive (trance?), The KLF, Safri Duo, DJ Tiesto, DJ Ferry Corsten, Gus Gus, Massive Attack...

TNT16
02-13-2008, 11:30 AM
more house than techno....I try to not use the term techno...it is to many times misused.

Agreed. And even surprisingly so.

Check the Grammy website . . . describing the Kanye West/Daft Punk performance (which was awesome) they refer to Daft Punk as a "German techno duo"! Whether or not Daft Punk is techno is a whole separate topic -- but either way they are French, not German . . . what a slap in the face!!!

Leelord337
02-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Glad you two made up. Now here's something to make us all laugh. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fvLs5KXWYI

OMG that video grows on me so much. can't get enough of that dude dancing

Mr. Blond
02-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Benassi Bros - Every single day is a nice track too.....just shuffled through on the old Ipod......so I figured I would share my appreciation for it.

UW_Husky88
02-17-2008, 08:21 AM
so, I guess I have to revise this, I guess I'm looking for good "dance" songs. Any ideas here or is that the same as techno?

Mr. Blond
02-17-2008, 08:27 AM
UW, what do you use to get your music? Itunes, Bittorrent? I may be able to suggest something if I knew how you were planning on getting it.

UW_Husky88
02-17-2008, 10:56 AM
usually bearshare or youtube. I've never had much luck with torrents, so yeah.

rommil
02-17-2008, 03:12 PM
usually bearshare or youtube. I've never had much luck with torrents, so yeah.

Try iTunes.

TNT16
02-18-2008, 11:21 AM
so, I guess I have to revise this, I guess I'm looking for good "dance" songs. Any ideas here or is that the same as techno?

Best resource for this is Beatport.com . . . they specialize in this type of music only and have a ton of new releases each week.

For compilations or 10 or more tracks iTunes offers a decent variety; if you know what DJ's you like, you may find you like whatever compilation they have mixed . . .

weaver
02-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Astrix - On Fire
Astrix - Underbeat
1200 Micrograms - Acid for Nothing

those are a few only a few... anyone else know these songs?

The_Dark_Knight
02-18-2008, 04:12 PM
More electronic or funk, but still:
Moonraker (http://cdbaby.com/cd/moonraker3)

zapvor
02-18-2008, 04:54 PM

dance and techno isnt the same...but yea. a good source is google;)

Leelord337
02-18-2008, 04:55 PM
dance and techno isnt the same...but yea. a good source is google;)

try my list. they're excellent dance songs. Not just heavy beat, good dancing songs.

Alice Deejay: Better Off Alone http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=90301627

zapvor
02-18-2008, 05:12 PM
try my list. they're excellent dance songs. Not just heavy beat, good dancing songs.

Alice Deejay: Better Off Alone http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=90301627

awesome...but where am i gonna get the songs

Leelord337
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
awesome...but where am i gonna get the songs

from limewire at www.download.com. for $5 via paypal I will mail you a CD with all the songs. or you can download some from that myspace. Its actually a music myspace where you can download some.

The_Dark_Knight
02-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Just use megaupload or rapidshare...or torrents

zapvor
02-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Just use megaupload or rapidshare...or torrents

thats what i am looking for-but i cant find links =/

The_Dark_Knight
02-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Just tell the leelord guy to put it on megaupload.

Leelord337
02-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Just tell the leelord guy to put it on megaupload.

how does megaupload work? is it free? any advice on how to use it?

The_Dark_Knight
02-18-2008, 06:17 PM
http://megaupload.com/

Go there, put all songs in a .zip file or a .rar file and e-mail

tennisplayer1981
02-19-2008, 07:39 AM
If you live in the NYC area (5 boroughs, parts of LI and northern NJ), then you should be able to get Pulse 87.7 on FM radio.

zapvor
02-19-2008, 10:45 AM
how does megaupload work? is it free? any advice on how to use it?

http://megaupload.com/

Go there, put all songs in a .zip file or a .rar file and e-mail

you mind doing that leelord? i managed to get atb-dont stop and the alice deejay but not the other ones. thanks so much!

its all free.

Leelord337
02-19-2008, 01:19 PM
you mind doing that leelord? i managed to get atb-dont stop and the alice deejay but not the other ones. thanks so much!

its all free.

sure. I can do that. Do I email it to you?

Leelord337
02-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Actually I am uploading the mp3s in a .zip file right now to megaupload. It will be done in 20 min.

luca85
02-19-2008, 01:52 PM

J

J011y can you also send me the trance list please, i wanna compare your choice to my own, i could add some gems to your collection

zapvor
02-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Actually I am uploading the mp3s in a .zip file right now to megaupload. It will be done in 20 min.

sweeeeeeeeeeet. thanks man.

shwetty[tennis]balls
02-19-2008, 02:34 PM
There are no good techno songs!!!

Mr. Blond
02-19-2008, 02:46 PM
balls;2102444']There are no good techno songs!!!

don't be a tool! the world is alot bigger than your specific taste!

Leelord337
02-19-2008, 03:05 PM
balls;2102444']There are no good techno songs!!!

Yeah Right, Just download the ones below

sweeeeeeeeeeet. thanks man.

mitidor at gmail please

here u go to download the .zip file w/the music
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3737Q8F

Shaolin
02-19-2008, 09:22 PM
don't be a tool! the world is alot bigger than your specific taste!

Actually, there really arent any good techno songs. He was right.

Mr. Blond
02-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Actually, there really arent any good techno songs. He was right.

so you believe because you can make an aggressive blanket statement that I am now stumped? Just by using the word good means that this is a subjective statement.....meaning according to the person making the statement.

all you have done with that statement is prove that you are also a tool my friend! :???:

unless of course you were poking fun at the fact that techno is not really a genre of music. If that is the case, then kudos to you for your sense of wit.

Leelord337
02-20-2008, 02:45 AM
so you believe because you can make an aggressive blanket statement that I am now stumped? Just by using the word good means that this is a subjective statement.....meaning according to the person making the statement.

all you have done with that statement is prove that you are also a tool my friend! :???:

unless of course you were poking fun at the fact that techno is not really a genre of music. If that is the case, then kudos to you for your sense of wit.

Download Robert Miles children, you'll be eating your words.

Mr. Blond
02-20-2008, 03:11 AM
Download Robert Miles children, you'll be eating your words.

Leelord......was this quote and statement intended for me?

I love Children....it is one of my all time favorite songs, so I assume that you are talking to the poster I quoted...and not me right?

lisp
02-20-2008, 06:47 AM
anyone still have the alice deejay album?
i use to have it, but lost it in a damn computer upgrade

zapvor
02-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Yeah Right, Just download the ones below

here u go to download the .zip file w/the music
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3737Q8F

thanks so much dude. on initial listen, atb's believe in me is my favorite so far. i want to get more atb.

Shaolin
02-20-2008, 09:50 AM

By george I think youve got it!

Leelord337
02-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Leelord......was this quote and statement intended for me?

I love Children....it is one of my all time favorite songs, so I assume that you are talking to the poster I quoted...and not me right?

lol, you're right, it was late, :)

Mister G
02-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Robert Miles, ATB and Alice Deejay shouldn't be anywhere near the word techno... What the HELL is going on here? :confused:

Breakaz54z
03-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Robert Miles, ATB and Alice Deejay shouldn't be anywhere near the word techno... What the HELL is going on here? :confused:

I agree.. they're more trance music. Though I dunno if Alice Deejay has new stuff but her old stuff is a bit more dance type.

Sorry for the revival, but I was curious. Anyone here listen to chillout music? It's like slow trance, euphoric, lounge type music. I'd like to know. It seems listeners are far and few. If there's enough listeners, maybe I'll start a thread about why we love chillout music and where to go to listen to it. I really want to go to a bar/lounge that has this type of music playing with some good buddies!

MegacedU
03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
I like the CASCADA remix of What Hurts the Most... and all things Aqua.

YULitle
03-31-2008, 08:48 PM
iio - Smooth
Armin Van Buren - Janeiro
Armin Van Buren - Burned with Desire
DJ Liquid - I can't Stop raving
DJ Liquid - I close my eyes
303 Infinity - Infinity
303 Infinity - Ethreal Mist
Ferry Corsten - Beautiful

Phil
03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Weren't you the poster who asked for suggestions on good r&b or jazz songs? And some people gave you some great lists, but you rejected them in favor of the absolute crap? No thanks, spanky. Not wasting my time here.

bopeep
05-20-2008, 05:45 PM
These days I'm really into techno and techno/rock and stuff like that -- try searching for these songs:

Thomas Falke "Revolution On The Dance Floor"
Groove Cutter "My Shooter"
Control One "Just A Little Bit"
Ian Carey "Redlight"
Kevin Weg "Dead Radio"

I don't usually go for techno but these are sort of like a wierd crossover between rock and techno/trance.

Most of them I got (LEGALLY) from this list on itunes -- http://electricnation2010.com/tracks

xpaulinabearx
05-20-2008, 05:55 PM
atc-ectasy
and of course, all daft punk songs ;D

ScovilleJenkins
05-20-2008, 06:21 PM
i havent read through all of the threads, but we can't forget some of the 90's groups....

Real McCoy
La Bouche
Haddaway

and for a great newer song check out Kylie by Akcent...its my personal fave

rommil
05-20-2008, 08:10 PM
^Hmmm I don't think those are considered techno.....

Hot Sauce
06-10-2008, 11:51 PM
What's the difference between trance and techno? What categories do Darude-Sandstorm, and Paffendorf-Lala Girl fall under?

tricky
06-11-2008, 12:08 AM
What categories do Darude-Sandstorm, and Paffendorf-Lala Girl fall under?"Epic" Trance / Eurocheese.

Detroit techno sounds something like this. Cold, yet soulful. Motown, Stooges, Techno. All wonderful things created in the *******. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdbZMSLhfHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bLanIfR13A

Tofuspeedstar
06-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Um..wow..I could go on all day here..but I'll give you some goooooooood ish..

Lange-Follow Me
Armin Van Buuren feat. Racoon-Love you More
Armin Van Buuren-Shivers
ATB-Long Way Home
ATB-Don't Stop (X cabs remix)
Paul Van Dyk-We Are Alive
Astroline-I close my eyes
Blank and Jones-Catch (Club mix)
Blank and Jones-DJ Culture
Mthos and DJ Cosmo-Unchained Melody
DJ Liquid-I can't stop raving
Gabriel and Dresden-Tracking Treasure Down
Gabriel and Dresden-Let Go
Above and Beyond-No One On Earth (Gabriel and Dresden remix)
Smith and Pledger-Forever (Above and Beyond Remix)
Kuffdam and Plant-Summerdream (Stoneface and Terminal remix)
BT-Mercury and Solace
Solarstone-Speak in Sympathy
ATB-In love with the DJ
Deadmau5-Faxing Berlin
Interstate-I found you (Armin Van Buuren Remix)
Sasha-Stay
Sasha-Xpander
Solarstone-Seven Cities (Armin Van Buuren Remix)
Above and Beyond-Home (Club Mix)
ATB-Too Much Rain
Darude vs ATB-Sandstorm of the Summer
Darude vs Robert Miles-Children of the Sandstorm
PPK-Resurrection
Motorcycle-As the Rush comes (Blank and Jones remix)
Perpetuous Dreamer-The Sound of Goodbye
Miss Jane-It's a Fine Day

...should get you started...

ShcMad
06-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Um..wow..I could go on all day here..but I'll give you some goooooooood ish..

Lange-Follow Me
Armin Van Buuren feat. Racoon-Love you More
Armin Van Buuren-Shivers
ATB-Long Way Home
ATB-Don't Stop (X cabs remix)
Paul Van Dyk-We Are Alive
Astroline-I close my eyes
Blank and Jones-Catch (Club mix)
Blank and Jones-DJ Culture
Mthos and DJ Cosmo-Unchained Melody
DJ Liquid-I can't stop raving
Gabriel and Dresden-Tracking Treasure Down
Gabriel and Dresden-Let Go
Above and Beyond-No One On Earth (Gabriel and Dresden remix)
Smith and Pledger-Forever (Above and Beyond Remix)
Kuffdam and Plant-Summerdream (Stoneface and Terminal remix)
BT-Mercury and Solace
Solarstone-Speak in Sympathy
ATB-In love with the DJ
Deadmau5-Faxing Berlin
Interstate-I found you (Armin Van Buuren Remix)
Sasha-Stay
Sasha-Xpander
Solarstone-Seven Cities (Armin Van Buuren Remix)
Above and Beyond-Home (Club Mix)
ATB-Too Much Rain
Darude vs ATB-Sandstorm of the Summer
Darude vs Robert Miles-Children of the Sandstorm
PPK-Resurrection
Motorcycle-As the Rush comes (Blank and Jones remix)
Perpetuous Dreamer-The Sound of Goodbye
Miss Jane-It's a Fine Day

...should get you started...

Great list. These are my current favorite tunes when it comes to trance:

Armin van Buuren - Communication
Armin van Buuren - Shivers
Dash Berlin - Till the sky falls down
DJ Shah - Who will find me
Ilse DeLange - The great escape (Armin van Buuren Remix)
NU NRG - Butterfly
Paul van Dyk feat. Hemstock & Jennings - Nothing but you
Solarstone - Seven cities (Armin van Buuren Remix)
Talla 2XLC - No in between (John O'Callaghan Remix)

When people suggest songs, I always YouTube them before I download them to make sure I will like it.

Leelord337
06-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Old School Classic: Big Blue by F-ZERO

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AFLOIB5E

Urza187
06-17-2008, 05:37 AM
Here is a guide for Techno related music:
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

That should answer questions. I like to think I specialize in the area a little bit. I"m sitting in my summer class right now, so I really can't put much effort in this post with suggestions. Tofuspeedstar's had real good stuff. I'm not much into the trance area, so I couldn't help you much on that. But if you want commercial trance, vocal trance, dance, house, I can help you out as much as I can. I'll try and post some suggestions later.

P.S. - Aqua is Euro to me. And I like them :)

Gemini
06-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the British group N-Trance is a good one. Check out some of their albums.

fretstain
06-17-2008, 07:50 PM
definitely more on the electro side, but this is my best friend's music blog. He updates daily with remixes and mixes he finds on the net... the music off his blog is pretty much exclusively what I listen to these days.

http://www.sundtrak.com/

MegacedU
06-17-2008, 08:56 PM
P.S. - Aqua is Euro to me. And I like them :)

I love it, Aqua is so sexy.

Murray_Maniac
06-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Calabria- Rune
Ghetto- Supreme beings of leisure
I miss you (Todd Terry remix)- Everthing but girl
Jo Jo's Thanks- Jay-J & Chris Lum
Lazy- Xpress 2
Mirror - Supreme beings of leisure
Power Dub- Jay J & Andrew Macari
Sublime- Supreme beings of leisure
Surrender your love - Jask fet. Jocie
Strange love addiction- Supreme beings of leisure
You're always the sun- Supreme beings of leisure

miniRafa386
10-21-2008, 01:15 PM
what would you guys call this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHzcA1MVOfM

great song btw

Mr. Blond
10-21-2008, 04:06 PM

great song btw

house or trance

it is kinda both. The synth in the song lends itself to synth, but the driving beat is rooted in house.

good song though

Buuurnz
10-22-2008, 05:05 AM
get some of scooters stuf like:

Hyper Hyper

Leelord337
01-11-2010, 09:30 PM
enigma by dj tiesto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C6HYGWGobw

Hot Sauce
01-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Salt Tank-Eugina
Chicane-Offshore
AVB-Sail
PVD-For an Angel
Sasha-Xpander
Humate-Love Stimulation
Hybrid-Finished Symphony
Lost Tribe-Gamemaster
Jam and Spoon-Stella
Tiesto-Suburban Train
Energy 52-Cafe del Mar
Goldenscan-Sunrise
Tiesto-Adiago for Strings
Binary Finary-1998
Art of Trance-Madagascar
Gouryella-Gouryella
Deadmau5 and Kaskade-I Remember (instrumental)
Solarstone-Seven Cities
York-Reachers of Civilization

Just to name a few. Almost all are trance classics.

Hot Sauce
01-12-2010, 12:40 AM
I agree.. they're more trance music. Though I dunno if Alice Deejay has new stuff but her old stuff is a bit more dance type.

Sorry for the revival, but I was curious. Anyone here listen to chillout music? It's like slow trance, euphoric, lounge type music. I'd like to know. It seems listeners are far and few. If there's enough listeners, maybe I'll start a thread about why we love chillout music and where to go to listen to it. I really want to go to a bar/lounge that has this type of music playing with some good buddies!

Yes, yes, Chicane has some great "Chillout" / Ibiza.

viduka0101
01-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Mylo Vs Miami Sound Machine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz9GanfJ4mQ&feature=PlayList&p=2B28D8196C409F04&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=63)
Born Slippy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLWFa1b1Bc)
Chicane featuring Peter Cunnah - Love On The Run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7jZ1zaH6IA)
Loneliness(ClubMix) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-oE-MUZQU)
Automatic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhVqUMdBnLE)
ATRIUM - Doctor Jekyll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C3flKUSMdA)

not necessarily good songs but i like them

sidzej
01-12-2010, 07:42 AM

great song btw

I would personally call this "annoying german trance track" :)

They produce a lot of this type of music in Germany, you can have a look at germantrance.com site (as an example). They also sometimes call it hard style or hard trance. I wouldn't certainly call it techno though. However, it is possible that you guys in the US call techno also this type of tracks...

Techno sounds more like this (at least to me):

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF363642-01-01-01.mp3

Just to go beatport, juno or traxsource website, filter by techno and listen to the most downloaded (sold) tracks...:)

NickH87
01-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Trance is okay, but it kind of gets boring after a while. When Im at the clubs, house music with deep bass really gets the blood and fists pumping. I like the build ups, and then the crazy bass.

But if theres any classic thats really old but never gets old, its insomnia, probably posted in here but I dont feel like looking through all of the pages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrUjvONIrA

rommil
01-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Trance is okay, but it kind of gets boring after a while. When Im at the clubs, house music with deep bass really gets the blood and fists pumping. I like the build ups, and then the crazy bass.

But if theres any classic thats really old but never gets old, its insomnia, probably posted in here but I dont feel like looking through all of the pages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrUjvONIrA

Here's a live version of the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1sxd3Z9lvc

borg number one
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm not as into "techno" music as I was in my younger days (80's and 90's), but we used to talk about bands like Front 242 and Nitzer Ebb quite a bit. Clubs in the US were playing techno/alternative here in the US a lot in the early 1980's especially. There was a lot of good techno/alternative music back then, but I'm sure there's a lot of good new stuff as well.

I'd put those Front 242 and Nitzer Ebb firmly in the techno/alternative music category. There was also Kraftwerk. They were/are pure techno. They were revolutionary and innovative from what I've read about techno music. All these songs below came out during the 1980's, so they are "old" but perhaps still "modern" in many ways.

Kraftwerk

"Musique Non-Stop":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDde1es7aoU

"The Telephone Call":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DdcfjmStWk

Then there's Front 242:

"Headhunter":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPpUFBVSyWs

"Welcome to Paradise":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osQMG9f0HC0

"Never Stop":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UnZK8eaTTQ

and Nitzer Ebb:

"Join In The Chant":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0HsjYtdAKM

lawlitssoo1n
01-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Well there are different genre to EDM(electric dance music)
Electro
House
Trance
dubstep
Fidget

Well if you want to listen to some of these types of music go to
www.beatport.com

mtommer
01-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Also, along with many of the other fine suggestions by others, I like Cicada.

Cicada - Falling Rockets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrmaFfnLrTc)

borg number one
01-12-2010, 10:47 PM
This Is Acid - Maurice Joshua

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWzY1bcTYiM

borg number one
01-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Obsession - Clan of Xymox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYNJWMvdF1Y

Situations - Cetu Javu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUhwd9UNpo0

Hearts and Minds (Mix Hypersonic!) - Nitzer Ebb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO_3ZTQ5EMI

RoddickAce
01-12-2010, 11:14 PM
These are from the NFS 3 Hot pursuit soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWXIE4mlfWo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmYGdKsdaDc&feature=related

borg number one
01-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Love on a Real Train - Tangerine Dream (From "Risky Business")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KuNH3C36QE

The Dream Is Always The Same - Tangerine Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAOLpDYqNzk

vndesu
01-12-2010, 11:46 PM
almost anything from dj tiesto.

littleboi21
01-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Since we are in the topic of good songs....I think this one is nicely done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VT94Mvur-U

lawlitssoo1n
01-13-2010, 05:19 PM

look up some of the following artist (genre) - songs
deadmau5(house, progessive house)- i remember, move for me, you and i, toga me, brazil 2nd edit, moar ghost and whatever, reward is cheese
kaskade(progessive house) - 4 am soha and adam k remix, angel on my shoulder edx remix
EDM is all i listen to if you want to know more just hit me up haha

NickC
01-13-2010, 05:58 PM
If you guys are into Deadmau5 then definitely check out his original stuff (Get Scrapped album), it's really good stuff, he's a lot more "exploratory" on that album because he didn't make it big until much later, so on that album, you've got some remixes, some minimal, some house, some drum'n'base, a bit of electro, etc... It's good.

Also, check out this guy Paul Keeley, I found out about him on when Markus Shultz and Khris ****** (one of my favorite producers at the moment, check out his mix of Pryda's hit "Solitude" with his track "Discopolis"), hosted a show on SiriusXM the other day. This is "Cloud 9"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5Cr_plEHs&feature=related

If anyone can guess where he got the background synth melody from, I will say that you know electronic music very very well. I know the answer, but do you?

Leelord337
01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Since we are in the topic of good songs....I think this one is nicely done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VT94Mvur-U

this was soooo good

rommil
01-13-2010, 09:48 PM
If you guys are into Deadmau5 then definitely check out his original stuff (Get Scrapped album), it's really good stuff, he's a lot more "exploratory" on that album because he didn't make it big until much later, so on that album, you've got some remixes, some minimal, some house, some drum'n'base, a bit of electro, etc... It's good.

Also, check out this guy Paul Keeley, I found out about him on when Markus Shultz and Khris ****** (one of my favorite producers at the moment, check out his mix of Pryda's hit "Solitude" with his track "Discopolis"), hosted a show on SiriusXM the other day. This is "Cloud 9"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5Cr_plEHs&feature=related

If anyone can guess where he got the background synth melody from, I will say that you know electronic music very very well. I know the answer, but do you?

Here's one of my favorite older Deadmau5 songs. This was in Terminal 5 and I was there....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmPyXevvYRE&feature=PlayList&p=2D06FD4A0B5D735D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

Leelord337
01-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Here's one of my favorite older Deadmau5 songs. This was in Terminal 5 and I was there....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmPyXevvYRE&feature=PlayList&p=2D06FD4A0B5D735D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

u dunnnnno how bad i wanna go to a nyc trance club :)

rommil
01-13-2010, 10:04 PM
u dunnnnno how bad i wanna go to a nyc trance club :)

What's stopping you?

Leelord337
01-13-2010, 10:05 PM
haha i will definitely go soon :)

rommil
01-13-2010, 10:11 PM
haha i will definitely go soon :)

I am going to tell you though. You might be too young to know Prodigy or maybe you don't like them. They are done touring the US at this time but if they come around again, do yourself a favor and see them. The best live act and best energy ever. You will not regret it.
That being said, hope you make it to NYC and have a good time.

NickH87
01-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Another great live act is second sun. They opened up for a tiesto set along with dave dresden. The main singer did vocals for sharams party all the time. I think they rocked it better than tiesto lol.