PDA

View Full Version : Is Estusa Power Beam Braided really worthy of the 85 score?

Coria
12-21-2004, 06:57 AM
I was looking at some of the racket ratings and I was surprised to see this. I know a lot of it is subjective, but that 85 does stand out. I noticed it's only 92 square inches--that seems a little low. Does it play bigger?

I like the weight in that it's head light but still 12 oz. What are people's thoughts on this racket. Is it better than the POG? the Yonex RDX 500?-the LM Prestige?--the Tour 10? and others?
What makes it stand out so much? Thanks.

12-21-2004, 08:39 AM
The egg-shaped head playes bigger than 92, spin is wicked, ball feel is pure, control is awesome, maneuverability is great, and it is flexible. Low on power, dead upper hoop, cheap-o paint + bumper strip. For strong all-courters.

NoBadMojo
12-21-2004, 08:58 AM
only thing i can add is that it is maneuverable only because it is very headlight, not because it is lightweight. much better serving and volleying than from the backcourt, altho it is a sliced backhanders dream provided you really step on it..closest frame i know of to the feel of wood...but 007 was all over this

Coria
12-21-2004, 09:05 AM
they gave it a 68 power rating and I read some of the comments saying it's the most powerful of the Estusa's. Does a little lead tape at 10 and 2 give it that power of say a LM prestige?

12-21-2004, 09:52 AM
IMHO and despite its power rating I feel it is relatively low powered and akin to Dunlop MW200G, C10 etc....the power comes from its mass + racquet speed. It is VERY headlight.

Coria
12-21-2004, 11:24 AM
how is it compared to the Dialbo MP? same, more or less power?

prince
12-21-2004, 05:29 PM
awesome frame .

power is just right and you can play with string choice and tension .

bcaz
12-21-2004, 07:24 PM
I play the PBB. Yes, it is extremely HL, especially with an overgrip. OO7 was right on the money, as was NBMJ. Little to add. I play mine at 12.8-9 oz., but they don't feel that heavy. They player larger than 92 and have wide hips -- a large, relatively low sweet spot, similar to some older Pro Staffs, but with better feel. Filthy spin.

WYK
12-21-2004, 09:26 PM
The Diablo MP has much more power, and a larger sweet spot. A MUCH larger sweet spot. I feel the MP beats it in every way except slice and that nice Estusa feel. The Diablo MP does feel great, though. This is coming from an Estusa fan that currently uses a Prince LB cut to 27.3".

WYK

generallobster
12-28-2004, 12:00 AM
I bought the PBB a few months ago from TW based on the reviews and score. Strung at 55 lbs with wilson stamina, and I don't like it. Maybe it's the crappy strings that's holding it back for me. It has a good hefty feel in the hand, but everytime I used it, I always found it underpowered, and I didn't have much control with it either--felt water-logged and dead. Never used a wood racquet, but I can imagine they probably play like this. The prostaff 6.0 95 with lead and head radical os racquets with lead work much better for my baseline game. It serves like a dream though.