PDA

View Full Version : International Tennis Hall of Fame -- Agassi?

krprunitennis2
02-10-2008, 05:13 AM
I don't see Agassi in it.

Well I'm looking at wikipedia, and other sites from yahoo don't show Agassi in it too.

Shouldn't he be in there? Or is there a rule that only one player can be put in it in a decade, or something like that? -- so Sampras was put in.

In my opinion, I think he should be in there.

samster
02-10-2008, 06:17 AM
I think you have to be 5 years out from retirement.

CEvertFan
02-10-2008, 12:34 PM
An excerpt from the International Tennis Hall of Fame website regarding eligibility:

Recent Player Category Eligibility Criteria

Active as competitors in the sport within the last 20 years prior to consideration.
Not a significant factor on the ATP Tour or the WTA Tour within five years prior to induction.
A distinguished record of competitive achievement at the highest international level, with consideration given to integrity, sportsmanship and character.

To be inducted as a Recent Player, a panel of the international tennis media votes on Recent Player nominees; a 75% favorable vote is required for Enshrinement

psYcon
02-10-2008, 03:57 PM
He will be inducted eventually, otherwise it would be very unfair considering that Chang is there even though he won only 1 grandslam

Andres
02-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Agassi is a lock for ITHOF, but we'll have to wait a couple of years until he's eligible for it.

FiveO
02-11-2008, 04:12 AM
Recent Player Category Eligibility Criteria

Active as competitors in the sport within the last 20 years prior to consideration.
Not a significant factor on the ATP Tour or the WTA Tour within five years prior to induction.
A distinguished record of competitive achievement at the highest international level, with consideration given to integrity, sportsmanship and character.

To be inducted as a Recent Player, a panel of the international tennis media votes on Recent Player nominees; a 75% favorable vote is required for Enshrinement.

http://www.tennisfame.com/ithof.aspx?pgID=871

Andre Agasaki
02-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi, it is funny. They have Agassi pictured in the International Hall of Tennis TV commercial with Jimmy Connors on the Tennis Channel and he is not even inducted yet. He definitely deserves it though when his time comes up! Take care!

iamtennisking
02-17-2008, 07:51 AM
go agassi!!