PDA

View Full Version : Difference between PS 6.0 95 and HPS 6.0 95

louis netman
12-21-2004, 04:19 PM
What is the primary difference between these two sticks? The HPS 6.0 I'm referring to is the European version that TW sold about two years ago...THANX!!!

BreakPoint
12-21-2004, 04:50 PM
The HPS 6.0 95 is stiffer in the upper hoop and has less feel than the PS 6.0 95. It also swings a bit lighter than the PS. I could serve better with the PS than with the HPS. That and the sweeter feel of the PS over the HPS made me decide to go with the PS rather than the HPS. (I also found that HPS 6.1 red and yellow paintjob pretty ugly and it cost more, too.)

PrestigeClassic
12-21-2004, 10:07 PM
The HPS 6.0 95 would have been an exceptional frame had Wilson not made the hoop feel as stiff as the rest of the frame. Sure, the hoop could stand to be slightly stiffened over the PS 6.0 95, but minimally so would have been best. The HyperCarbon really helps for stability and it doesn't really kill the feel of this frame at all, something that just can't be said about other HyperCarbon frames. I actually think the HPS 6.0 95 feels better than the PS 6.0 95 everywhere except in the hoop. It doesn't even need much lead tape at all, and I would only add it to help slow down the swing speed. I found that the HPS 6.0 95 to be a great server! I think a lot of aspects of serving is really helped by a stiff hoop, namely power. It serves bombs! In the end, I didn't like the lack of touch with the HPS 6.0 95. I would run across the court and go for a nicely placed defensive lob, and get a totally different result, like a passing shot attempt, that left me out of position for the next shot. Also, I went through a set of TNT Pro Plus 17L in just a couple hours of simple practice. Such a stiff frame with such an open pattern will do that. I normally get significantly more string life in every other racket I have tried. All in all, I think this stick is best suited to a power serve-and-baseliner. I've never tried a Pure Drive and can so far only imagine how one plays, but after playing with this HPS 6.0 95, I thought of it as a miniature Pure Drive.

hungry
12-21-2004, 11:39 PM
I played with HPS 6.0 last season. I thought it had a fairly large sweetspot compared to my old rackets (iRadical, MW200G, RD7). And very decent power. During last season I played once with an old 6.0 with some lead at 10 and 2 for about 10 min strung at 55lbs (same as my HPS). Still thought it was slightly less powerful and less stable. I now play with nCode 90 (more power, more control, normal sweetspot)