PDA

View Full Version : J Kidd headed back to Dallas

Doc Hollidae
02-13-2008, 01:41 PM
"The deal -- salvaged from talks on a three-way trade with Portland that developed and fizzled quickly two weeks ago -- has Dallas sending 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, veteran swingman Jerry Stackhouse, the expiring contracts of center DeSagana Diop and swingman Devean George and guard Maurice Ager to New Jersey for Kidd and forward Malik Allen.

Sources say Dallas will also send the Nets the league-maximum $3 million, the Mavs' first-round draft pick this June and a first-rounder in 2010."
-ESPN.com

Makes since for both teams I think. The Nets made the most of what they had, but always lacked that big man to make deeper runs into the playoffs.
Harris will be good for the Nets. They should be set on PG's for at least the next 5-6 years with Harris and Marcus Williams.

For the Dallas, they add someone to run the show for them. Both Harris and Jason Terry are closer to combo guards than PG's. Having Kidd should give Dirk more open looks and create a more fast paced offense similar to Nellie Ball. I think the player that will benefit most from this is Jason Terry. He'll be able to concentrate more on scoring than distributing adn with the a jumper like his, you know J Kidd is going to find him.

The West is definitely starting to look pretty nasty and extremely deep. Seem like to compete you have to have a solid "Big 3" and then some.

LAL: Bryant, Odom, Gasol
SAS: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker
UTA: D. Williams, Kirilenko, Boozer
PHX: Nash, Shaq, Stoudamire
DEN: Iverson, Anthony, Camby

And this doesn't even include the teams with lesser big 3's like the Kings (with Artest, Bibby, and Kevin Martin), Hornets (Paul, West, Peja), the Warriors (BD, Ellis, Jackson) or the Blazers (Roy, Aldridge, and next season Oden)

tricky
02-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Also worth mentioning is that Stackhouse will probably sign back with Dallas within the next 30-40 days. (not sure how this works, but i guess the Nets will be footing Stackhouse's contract, yet not have him.) So, really, Dallas doesn't really lose anything big to get Kidd. Yet another brilliant deal coming out the West.

PROTENNIS63
02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
They are going to be a solid team.

Doc Hollidae
02-13-2008, 08:46 PM
WOOOHOOOO

Devean George to the rescue. Still true to the purple and gold. LOL.

mcpon
02-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Cool. Cool.

crazy8tiger
02-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Apparently the deal in stalled a little because George is trying to use his no-trade clause to stop the trade.

iradical18
02-14-2008, 08:20 AM
My Kings need to do something. I wish we could just keep Artest but it's not likely. There were a couple of deals on the table but the deal from New York was completely ******** (Artest for Eddy Curry and Jerome James). The one of Denver wasn't so bad, a first round pick and Eduardo Najara.

Doc Hollidae
02-14-2008, 09:04 AM
My Kings need to do something. I wish we could just keep Artest but it's not likely. There were a couple of deals on the table but the deal from New York was completely ******** (Artest for Eddy Curry and Jerome James). The one of Denver wasn't so bad, a first round pick and Eduardo Najara.

Sactown needs to rebuild their team fully around Kevin Martin. That dude's like the new Reggie Miller/Rip Hamilton with the way he plays off the ball.

IMO, they need to trade their three vets of Artest, Bibby, and Brad Miller. They are all vets with experience and could help a lot of teams right now. Whatever they do, they need to make sure they get a big in return though.

tennisplayer1981
02-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Damn, being a native New Yorker and hating the Knicks, I've always rooted for the Nets. I've been to some of their games and it was fantastic. I'm gonna miss Kidd throwing those alley oops to Jefferson and Carter. Best of luck to both teams.

iradical18
02-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Sactown needs to rebuild their team fully around Kevin Martin. That dude's like the new Reggie Miller/Rip Hamilton with the way he plays off the ball.

IMO, they need to trade their three vets of Artest, Bibby, and Brad Miller. They are all vets with experience and could help a lot of teams right now. Whatever they do, they need to make sure they get a big in return though.

That's spot on dude. But the kicker is that we need to package Kenny Thomas in with a deal as well to unload his ridiculous contract while still getting value in return. I agree with you on Kevin Martin, he still needs to improve defensively and tighten up his game a bit but I think he's going to be a star and the future of this team.