PDA

View Full Version : American Idol anyone?

yodudedudeyo
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
I know many of you just watch the 'funny' auditions at the beginning, but has anyone been watching the hollywood rounds?
I think it's RIDICULOUS that Josiah Leming was given a no, when that nerdy wannabe governor guy with the poofy and hair and glasses was given a yes.
I checked out some of Josiah's stuff online, and it's pretty good, i am disappointed in the judge's decisions.

yodudedudeyo
02-13-2008, 06:06 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zQX0yhb-kUc
i think he's pretty talented, i think i may have a man crush.

Lakoste
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
His version of Grace Kelly was top notch, but crying after he ****** up his 2nd song was kind of lame, to put it nicely.

You're right though, he's talented. Was I surprised he went home? Nah

Katlion
02-13-2008, 06:28 PM
I am not surprised that he went home... I would never see him as "the Next American Idol"... he reminds me of Sanjaya Malakar of last season...

Vision84
02-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Not my kind of singing. I find his voice quite annoying. Sounds like a lot of those indie rock bands.

dgrave2
02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
oh that kid was annoying. he cried every dang minute. im glad he didnt make it. and the nerdy guy with glasses didn't make it to the top 24...

mista-k
02-13-2008, 07:05 PM
I read this thread b4 watching it in tivo....
I gotta say it was D highlight of this episode...I guess Im a sadist coz I love rewinding it over and over and over...the transition from being a cocky kid to being totaly devastated...good tv ....yum (lemme rewind it 1 more time) oh and watsup withat fake british accent / he should stop singing EMO

mcpon
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
It is okay.

kairosntx
02-13-2008, 11:56 PM
His first song in Hollywood that gave him a pass to to final cut was amazing. But when he let the band go and went acapela he sealed his own fate.

The nerdy governor guy with the bushy hair and the glasses did not make it through either. He was one of the last two sent down and was told no. Simon pumped him up and said he wanted him to go through but go trumped by Randy and Paula.

Fee
02-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Kyle (nerdy guy) was too inconsistent to go through. His version of 'you raise me up' was very well done, but I don't know if he would have been able to handle all the musical styles they try to make the contestants sing.

Josiah deserved to go home. It's his own fault he took so long to pick music for round two, and he should have asked the band to do a straight run through of the song without him if he was unfamiliar with it (in rehearsal). He blew it big time and he paid the price, deservedly so.

little_e
02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
How do you not know Stand By Me it is a rock classic. I agree with you Fee that was his downfall.

mcpon
02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
^ I thought that it was a movie??

tennisplayer1981
02-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Any thoughts on the Candin (sp?), the hot girl that went in with the backup singer towards the end of the show? I'd vote for her. Too bad she got cut. :(

yodudedudeyo
02-14-2008, 02:48 PM
i really like that blond curly haired girl that played on the piano during the first hollywood round. the one that never watches rated R movies, she's a sweetie.
her and josiah were going to be my favs

Deuce
02-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Wow.

Apparently, we can't criticize American Idol on these boards without having our post deleted!

This is amazing.
Are the moderators (one at least) truly that desperate to defend a TV show that is so scripted it's ridiculous?

As I said in my now deleted post... The executives of American Idol make sure that the 'contestants' that have the highest potential to be viewed as 'entertaining' are put on the show.
It is entirely scripted for entertainment value - and certainly not as a legitimate 'contest'.
Anyone who thinks it's real needs help.

split-step
02-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Agreeing with Duece in that Idol is totally scripted.

I did however want Josiah to continue. I was really disappointed when he didn't.

I don't like the Irish girl. I don't like the 16yr old David I think is his name, I pretty much don't like anyone on there, expect for the Australian guy.
His Bohemian Rhapsody was pretty good.

02-17-2008, 06:44 AM
I friggin' loved Josiah, and I think he's better than a lot of the guys in the top 24.

yodudedudeyo
02-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Wow.

Apparently, we can't criticize American Idol on these boards without having our post deleted!

This is amazing.
Are the moderators (one at least) truly that desperate to defend a TV show that is so scripted it's ridiculous?

As I said in my now deleted post... The executives of American Idol make sure that the 'contestants' that have the highest potential to be viewed as 'entertaining' are put on the show.
It is entirely scripted for entertainment value - and certainly not as a legitimate 'contest'.
Anyone who thinks it's real needs help.

yes, it is scripted,i agree, but then why would they boot josiah? he was clearly a crowd fav. im not going to even watch AI anymore, i dont think it is worth watching w/o him. many other ppl feel the same way, so how is that boostin ratings?

Craig Sheppard
02-17-2008, 07:42 AM
I friggin' loved Josiah, and I think he's better than a lot of the guys in the top 24.

Two words for that guy: STOP CRYING. My land enough with the face flooding already!

Think the top 2 are Australian guy and the Irish girl.

yodudedudeyo
02-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Think the top 2 are Australian guy and the Irish girl.

I think it'd be kind of funny if they won AMERICAN idol, but i do think they are both good.

iamtennisking
02-17-2008, 08:01 AM
goooooooooood show

Fee
02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Funny, it seems that everyone I know hated Josiah and was happy to seem him leave. A few couldn't believe he passed the first audition, but I never saw that so I don't have an opinion on it.

Deuce
02-17-2008, 09:00 PM
yes, it is scripted,i agree, but then why would they boot josiah? he was clearly a crowd fav. im not going to even watch AI anymore, i dont think it is worth watching w/o him. many other ppl feel the same way, so how is that boostin ratings?
Well, that action seems to have provoked quite a reaction in this thread on a tennis message board.
Probably elsewhere, too.
And that's what the game is all about. When you've got people talking about your product, the money ain't far behind.

I find it rather sad that adults are entertained by this (and other) crap.
It's a long, long way from what adults used to consider entertaining.

kairosntx
02-17-2008, 09:31 PM
First time back on the boards in a few days and I was looking forward to the public discourse. I too was baffled why a few posts from this thread were deleted. I expect the moderator removed the posts due to the personal attacks, not the opinions expressed about national television. Perhaps such prabble is better suited to a tete-a-tete.

yodudedudeyo
02-19-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1581792/20080219/id_0.jhtml

news update: MTV News picked up Josiah!

im really starting to like this kid

psp2
02-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Michael Johns is an Aussie and a former tennis pro, I think. I heard that he's going to be have some time hitting with Sharapova in LA and AI will cover that.

He's also a good friend of the local Prince rep for the southeast region.

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season7/michael_johns/