PDA

View Full Version : What's your newyear's resolution?

Tenny
12-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Ehem~.

2005 is coming.
My general life resolution is becoming a man of action. But that's not that important. More important, tennis-wise resolutions are,

1. Do not expand my racquet collection. PS6.0 95, POGOS, Head classic Mid/Midplus are more than enough!

2. Just focus on my playing.

3. Once in a competition, let's get competitive (a la Becker, Connors).

4. Try to be gentle and considerate on the board.

What's yours?

Frodo Baggins
12-22-2004, 01:11 PM
To keep this Board Jumping (Evil laugh hee hee) J/k.. I'll come back when I think of more to say..

jayserinos99
12-22-2004, 01:42 PM
play more tennis.

dAgEnIuS
12-22-2004, 01:53 PM
1. make the varisty team

2. serve better

3. study more

4. don't choke

Frodo Baggins
12-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Keep board jumping,watch tennis,watch some DVDs,- after company is gone hope to!!dye my hair red instead of blonde,(Tempory)..-to get back to normal routine after companys gone, think of more soon be right back ..

atatu
12-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Ivy, you should resolve to get over what's his name once and for all, or have you already done that ? Life is short.

Trey
12-23-2004, 06:20 PM
For tennis:

Improve second serve.

Develop a good all court game.

Frodo Baggins
12-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Atatu: As for getting over him who you may speak of.-I think I know who your talkin about...Remember I'm not the kind of hobbit that goes after the first Man,Hobbit,Elf,-or cave troll,or orcs that comes by!!!- An I'm not gonna start either... so I hope that answers your question..When the rare one comes by I'll know... But I'm Content being single for now..(Merry christmas An new year..

Feņa14
12-24-2004, 06:09 AM
Continue to grow my afro.

Don't be as lazy.

Tennis.

Try to learn more about the game by watching older matches like 60's and 70's.

Continue my counterpunching game and stick with it.

@wright
12-24-2004, 04:59 PM
To quit posting messages on this board.

ReturnAce
12-25-2004, 05:11 PM
1. Control my outbursts better. Not eliminate them, but use them more effectively to control the tempo of the match. A la Hewitt, Conners

2. Improve my serve & volley game, still in the works.

3. Perfect my down-the-line forehand

Last but not least...

4. Hit at least one successful tweeter!

Merry Christmas all, and Happy New Year!

raftermania
12-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Hey man, I had anger problems b/f too... It's because I took the game and myself too seriously.

I lost an easy match at a school tourney and I whipped my precious racquet straight up into the air so high it hit the ceiling of the dome! Luckily I was still smart enough to catch it to prevent breakage, but this turned out to be crappy for my teammates because then I ran over to the pile of equipment and took swipes at things and I broke stuff :P

That was the turning pt. for me and I took a step back and asked why I'm taking this soo seriously. Everyone being angry at me wasn't encouragement for future outbursts either!! hehe

Just learn to have fun out there.

ReturnAce
12-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Ahh, but you see it's not so much me getting angry at my mistakes. It's me getting pumped when I do really well, is what I mean by outbursts.

Although I do freak out sometimes when I make stupid errors, but not so often in matches anymore. I learned to control that when I played a kid who did exactly the same thing, and realized how idiotic I looked screaming at myself for missing a shot. So now I just laugh at myself, much better and it keeps the game fun for me.

Camilio Pascual
12-27-2004, 10:33 AM
1. To break my New Year's Resolution of 1977 to not make New Year's resolutions.
2. To retire.
3. To make my tennis development the central activity of my life and not let work or family obligations materially interfere.
4. To quit procrastinating so much.