PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite poster?

Tenny
12-22-2004, 12:14 PM
It's a holiday season. Everybody looks happy. Why don't we give some credit to our best posters? My picks are;

NoBadMojo
Gaines Hillix
TripleB (c'mon, we all know we are going to miss him for a while).

There are many others but just to name a few.

Happy holidays

T.

El Diablo
12-22-2004, 01:20 PM
Mr. Martinez for THE TRUTH, of course. Slothrop, Ronaldo, Pascual and Dedan's for their wit. TripleB, ferrari and robstar for their self-absorption. And of course, TomGavin to give him a hard time about that Diablo MP.

Rickson
12-22-2004, 02:10 PM
I have to go with Bungalo Bill. Bill knows a lot about tennis and it shows in his posts. Bill has given us a lot of good, free information and his service to this board is invaluable to all of us.

perfmode
12-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Fave: Tom Martinez, BB

Hated: Ferrari

ncchetty
12-22-2004, 04:42 PM
BB,Kevhen,Mahboob Khan

Kirko
12-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Thomas Martinez , NoBadMojo , Larhall, and last but not least in anyway Rabbit.

StringBreaker
12-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Fave: Tom Martinez, BB

Hated: Ferrari

In a thread about favorite posters guess who posts his most hated? :roll:

Well on behalf of everyones else on this forum let me just say that top of everyone elses most hated list has to be perfmode. :)

THE ANIMAL
12-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Seems like were going to have to accept that every time perfmode posts he comes up with another moronic post. Iím getting truly fed up of this childish total waste of space that can never or has never posted something constructive or helped anyone in some form or manner.

Frodo Baggins
12-22-2004, 07:09 PM
well you already know who my fave is( :oops: ) without me telling ..an He always will be my pet :wink: lease fave Funny someone forgot to mention him is Tennis??? ) the guy who thinks he's sooo good at tennis then the rest of ya.. my lease fave of all..

Max G.
12-22-2004, 08:07 PM
!Tym formererly known as SpecialK is the best. :)

tykrum
12-22-2004, 11:05 PM
As a longtime reader of the boards, for the most part I enjoy the posts of perfmode and vamosrafa. Both have insightful opinions and seem like they know their stuff. I thought it was funny that perfmode ripped some "annoying" poster a new orifice a few weeks ago, and I like that Vamosrafa takes a fair look at every player. A close second would be everyone that doesn't get caught up in the Roddick bashing and all those Democrats that showed up around Election time. A worst poster poll would be pretty low I would have to say. Actually, the naming of least favorite posters in this post is already pretty tasteless and classless. Its great that one of my 'favorite' posters started it.

@wright
12-23-2004, 06:59 AM
My personal faves are, in no particular order: Richard Parnell, Thomas Martinez (all the other pro equipment "gurus" who are actually in the know), NoBadMojo, Shaolin, Sean O'Rourke (he needs to get a new handle though), SpecialK, garygranger, Rabbit ( he knows his pro tennis ), TripleB( for his courtesy ), and I know there are some I'm forgetting. Merry CHRISTmas, everyone.

david aames
12-23-2004, 07:35 AM
I very rarely spend time on the racquets and instruction boards so I can't comment on those -- seems to be a whole different tour over there. Just my take on the frequent posters of this board... Happy holidays to all!

With Game

Most Aces: Phil
Umpire (and most talented Roddick basher): NoBadMojo
Wildcard: Dedans Penthouse
5 setter: !Tym
Accreditation Only: Tom Martinez/Grant Morgan/Richard Parnell

Courts!de

In the Booth: Pound Cat
Ballboy: PureCarlosMoyaDrive
Autograph Seeker: VamosRafa

2.5 Hackers

Moonballer: Deuce
Journeyman: @wright
Bageled: Masha/Mileslong
Most Unforced Errors: Perfmode
Sampras Stalker: PrestigeClassic

Richie Rich
12-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Even though I have bashed ferrari_827 for his "touchy/feely" posts before, I have to admit that his posts are not that bad. Definately an expert on Yonex's!!

Best goes to Thomas Martinez only because I like to know the truth about the pro's.

VashTheStampede
12-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Favorite: Bungalo Bill with his expertise advice. He has probably improved many poster's game with each of his topics and replies.

well you already know who my fave is( :oops: ) without me telling ..an He always will be my pet :wink: lease fave Funny someone forgot to mention him is Tennis??? ) the guy who thinks he's sooo good at tennis then the rest of ya.. my lease fave of all..

I agree Frodo, least favorite goes to Etennisace7 by a long shot.

PusherMan
12-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Too many great posters over the years. Hard to really narrow down a fav.

Camilio Pascual has always stood out to me. Always a pleasure to read his insights. And even though he never misses and opportunity to rant, Deuce gets the nod as well. Along with his sidekick, Rabbit. The more sensible of the duo.

Phil has the most common sense on the board. And Ivy is certainly the most eccentric.

Certainly no shortage of characters, both good and bad, on the boards. Gotta love it.

Deuce
12-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Kilgore Trout was the finest poster any board has ever seen.

Sure do miss him/her.

R.I.P. Kilgore...

Rabbit
12-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Sidekick?...... oh great now look where my post is....

My favorite poster on these boards is Phil. He has the greatest sense of humor on the boards because it took me some time to realize the guy was kidding. He also, like Deuce, makes a great deal of sense most of the time.

Along with Phil is another poster who takes the same consideration to determine if he's serious, Dedans Penthouse. His sense of humor and ability to roast or toast posters who take themselves a little too seriously is surpassed by none.

To complete this triad of takeoff, Camilio Pascual is third but not tertiary (that means last in a three man race to you younger members of the boards) in importance, Camilio and I agree/disagree about half and half. But, Camilio is very respectful and knowledable.

Gaines Hillix is another favorite and he is the exact opposite of the three listed above. Gaines answers the questions and leaves out the fru fru and 99 times out of 100, I agree completely with him. He knows his stuff.

Honorable mentions are Pusherman, Deuce, and Galain.

My most missed poster is Tom Parry. The man contributed the real deal to these boards and is someone who is definetly in the know of what the real deal is in the bigs. He is the victim of the idiot factor on these boards.

Deuce
12-27-2004, 02:11 AM
I can’t believe this. An honorable mention!? That’s it? Dude, you’re my sidekick. My SIDEKICK. Have you any idea of the value of that position? I obviously value you far more than you value me. A sidekick is, like, 100 times better than bosom buddies. 10 times better than Best Friends. It’s a closer bond than marriage, for chrissake. And all I merit is a measly ‘Honorable Mention’?!

As you seem to have no idea of the value of a sidekick, allow me a moment to illustrate... What would Peanut Butter be without Jam? NOTHING! Astaire without Rogers? NOTHING! Gleason without Carney; Fred without Barney; Archie without ‘Meathead’; Romeo without Juliet; Batman without Robin; Christopher Robin without Pooh; Bradshaw without Swan; Gretzky without Kurri; Summer without Baseball; Rocky without Adrian; Bullwinkle without Rocky; Lennon without McCartney; Peaches without Herb; Goddamn Love without Goddamn Pain!?!!?... NOTHING! NOTHING! %*$@*&# NOTHING!

And what would I therefore be without you? Yes, I admit – NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!

An Honorable #*&%$@* Mention!? Geezzzz....

chad shaver
12-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Awwww,

Don't cry, Deuce. Here, have a brownie.......I made it myself.

Camilio Pascual
12-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Wow!
First and foremost - Dedans Penthouse (Sean O'Rourke, get a new handle) - For his humour and some sage advice he has given me. If I was in a tight spot, he or Rabbit would be my first 2 choices I would want as allies or advisors.
Mahboob Khan - He cares for both tennis and people in an unselfish way and gives much of himself and his thoughts. He is a very spiritual person.
Rabbit - I like his discussions and insight. That he often intelligently and knowledgeably disagrees with me makes him even more valuable as a poster.
Phil - Took me a little while to get his humour, I sometimes wonder if it is to cover up a heart on his sleeve. (Something tells me I'm going to pay for that comment in a future post, we'll see!!!)
Deuce - Pulls no punches and as much fun to disagree with as Rabbit. I share his deep concern about the maltreatment of children and I think we share a dim view of high wealth disparity and the consequent corruptive influence on people. And, yes, Deuce, Kilgore Trout was the best. He made a very short comeback about a year ago, I believe.
Others - Bungalow Bill, PusherMan, Tom Martinez. There are others I'm sure I'll wish I mentioned. I don't have a real problem with anybody except Rose Barnfield.

Rabbit
12-27-2004, 01:30 PM
sidekick - a close companion or comrade

Sidekick, huh? I guess that would be the best way to describe our relationship. Sidekicks was just such a horrible movie. Probably the worst movie Chuck Norris has ever made, and that's going somewhere. (I recently watched Lone Wolf McQualuude which I saw in my misspent youth and wondered why the TV gave it two stars. It deserved zero stars.) But being a sidekick wouldn't be too bad, especially with the examples you've given. Hell, I love Rocky & Bullwinkle.

I don't know about the close companion thing. That has the whole Rock Hudson/Jim Nabors aura going on. Although, I guess close companion could also be like Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes. That'd be ok. Or maybe Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin....that'd be cool and somewhat kooky. Yeah, I could probably go with close companion especially if I'm the one with sense.

And comrade? Comrade? Hell, I'm a registered Republican (a now non-voting one I might add), I can't have comrade attached to my name! That's enough to make Barry Goldwater spin in his grave! Of course, since the curtain fell, the whole comrade connotation has changed somewhat. Comrade's not necessarily a bad thing now. Ok, I think that the comrade thing is ok too.

Let me apologize for using the phrase honorable mention. The intent was not to imply second place by any stretch of the imagination. If you notice previous to that reference, you get the makes a great deal of sense most of the time award along with Phil. Although I think it should be clearly stated for the record that Phil doesn't have a sidekick. While you and I are kind of a dynamic duo as it were, a Batman & Robin, Phil is more of a Spiderman with Dedans Penthouse playing the Green Goblin and Camilio as Doc Oct. Although I guess as your sidekick, that could mean that you were Superman and I was the Jimmy Olson to your Clark Kent. That, of course, would mean that I wasn't a Superhero/villain like the rest of you, but I guess I'm ok with that too. Somebody's got to take the pictures for the Daily Planet. Still, it would be nice to be a superhero. My mom would be so proud; any superhero but Aquaman, she always hated Aquaman for some reason.

But, just to be perfectly clear, let's use your examples of sidekicks

1. Peanut Butter & Jelly - ok, kind of a Satre look at it...I can dig it.

2. Astaire & Rogers - forget it....ain't no way in hell

3. Gleason & Carney - livable..."NORTON!"

4. Fred & Barney - only if I can be Barney...the whole stature thing

5. Archie & Meathead - I'd have to be Archie here..politically and all

6. Romeo & Juliet - have you lost your mind? ain't no way in hell

7. Batman & Robin - already covered and cool

8. Christopher Robin & Pooh - you're gonna make me cry

9. Bradshaw & Swan - Stabler & Biletnikoff is more to my liking

10. Gretzky & Kurri - dude.....I'm Southern Fried what's a Kurri?

11. Summer & Baseball - see #8

12. Bullwinkle & Rocky - my favorite.....I'd have to be Rocky

13. Lennon & McCartney - McCartney is the leftie

14. Peaches & Herb - ain't no way in hell and if this is your favorite band, we can not be sidekicks!!!!! Try more of a Duane & Greg thing my brother.

15. Love & Pain - ain't no way in hell......

Please add:

16. Frank & Dean (I would've said Dean & Jerry but nobody wants to be Jerry)

17. Mr. Peabody & Sherman

18. Mr. Ed & Wilbur

19. Eddie Haskell & Wally Cleaver

20. Sam & Coach

21. Sam & Woodie

22. Jack Cates & Reggie Hammond

23. Oliver & Hardy

24. Abbott & Costello

25. Nixon & Agnew

Ok, forget #25.

In all seriousness (as if that were possible now) your views and insights are keen and cutting and I do appreciate them. We disagree on as many things as we agree on, which is really unusual. You are and have been one of my favorite posters. Hell, I'm not just a member of the Deuce fan club, I'm the President and Founder!

K!ck5w3rvE
12-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Camilio Pascual has always stood out to me. Always a pleasure to read his insights.

lol oops. I thought Camilio was a girl....[/b]

Deuce
12-27-2004, 10:18 PM
How about Smith & Lutz?

Although I myself am rather partial to Frank & Dean, as well as to Abbot & Costello.

Please note that my examples were only listed in the context of 'What would _____ be without _____' - and so the references of Romeo & Juliet, Peaches & Herb, etc. were set in this context, rather than in a romantic one.

Because, you see, I don't even know what you looks like, Rabbit...

But to get back on topic here, I'd have to say that my favorite poster is probably the one of Cheryl Tiegs in that pink bikini. It was rather prominantly displayed on my bedroom wall in approximately my 14th and 15th years of conscious existence, and was instrumental in a certain significant - and somewhat messy - personal discovery I happened upon 'round about that time.

As for posters here - the usual suspects... Rabbit, Camilio, etc., etc... posters with common sense who display intelligent insights are always the most enjoyable for me, whether I agree or disagree with them on a given subject. Such posters know who they are. As Camilio points out, there is a certain enjoyment which comes with being able to disagree with someone while maintaining not only a common civility, but also a genuine mutual respect. This is so much nicer than disagreements expressed through name calling and insults, which are designed to incite further negativity.

Any poster who possesses the capacity to have seen through the transparency of complete phonies like Larry are people with whom I can usually share a broad common ground.

In the often overlooked occasional poster category, marc tressard doesn't write often, but when he does, it almost always provokes interesting thought. Fabrice Leroy, as well, has in the past contributed interesting perspectives worthy of our attentions, as has Magiset, who is unafraid to post musings which he(?) knows beforehand will upset a certain contingent on the boards. It would be nice if they all posted their thoughts more often... but then, perhaps it is simply not in their nature to do so.

And last, but hardly least... I cannot leave without mentioning Ivy. Eccentric, irrelevant, erratic, and many other adjectives - but in the end, always quite lovable. It upsets me when other posters criticize her - it shows only cowardice and weakness on their part.

GrahamIsSuper
12-28-2004, 12:23 AM
haha frodo....I remember the Friar-Bashing that Etennis brought on....and the resulting crack down.

I sided with you, even though I had posted the scandalous sam+frodo "country lovin" pic. ball's in your court...

pound cat
12-28-2004, 05:13 PM
david aames put me in the booth...that's better than nowhere. Please, not with the terrible trio...Pat Cliff, Mary, but with some nice BBC commentary...John Barrett, or John McEnroe, or The Playboy of the Western World, Boris Becker...

pound cat
12-28-2004, 05:15 PM
This new board is nice...good work TW guys/girls!!!!!!

Phil
12-30-2004, 08:27 AM
Well darn it, someone has me figured out...maybe. Rabbit, PusherMan and Camillio I'm flattered to be included on your "Best..." lists. In the couple previous Best Poster threads that I can recall someone usually goes out of their way to nominate me for WORST Poster (obviously someone who just doesn't GET it!), but I don't mind that either;-). Rabbit, I could cut-and-paste your entire list (minus me, of course, but adding your name) to use as my own Favorites list. Sort of my All-Star/Davis Cup team. I would also add at least a few more, such as Chad, Kevin T, (his knowledge of exercise/nutrition is both encyclopedic and total common sense) and Datacipher.

Now about this Spider Man comparison, Rabbit...I know how it looks, me never being photographed or seen in the same room with the Marvel Comics legend, but the thing is, while not actually having a FEAR of heights, I do have a healthy RESPECT for heights. I liken myself more to ZEUS, King of the Gods, sitting, regally, god-like, on my...I mean...his throne up there in Mt. Olympus, looking down and, every once in a while, throwing down a thunderbolt or two on my charges-the poor mortals. That's a more apt comparison, don't you think?

Nice to be involved in a forum where I can disagree (and on occasion, "somewhat" vehemently so) with the "All-Stars", and in the next post, or thread, be of total like mind with them. That indicates that this is not a one-sided, preaching-to-the-choir single agenda-driven site, people are thinking-sometimes in spite of themselves-and they are, for the most part, good sports about it. Remember the "Baseball is Boring" thread? That started out as one imbecile, I mean...august TW member ****ging on our national pastime. But instead of degenerating into a pee pee-ing contest, it turned into an outstanding discussion on the merits of the Game and what it REALLY means to its adherents and to the culture.

I should also mention the TW Staff who invests the time and effort to maintain/upgrade and monitor the site. Am I kissing up here? No. I've voiced my disagreement with them at times, on censorship issues, etc., and I've accepted that some of the more provocative stuff is gonna disappear, but OVERALL, they have allowed the site to retain its somewhat chaotic, give-and-take, no-holds-barred character and provided a valuable information exchange for serious tennis players/fans. You realize that when you stumble upon other sites on the Web, most of which fall into two categories: either absolutely boring and souless due to draconian-like posting policies, or, at the other extreme, insult-throwing contests.

Here's to more provocative stuff in the New Year! Have a good one.

Dedans Penthouse
12-30-2004, 01:07 PM
......most of which fall into two categories: either absolutely boring,.....or, at the other extreme, insult-throwing contests.

Here! Here! Well said, you dumb son-of-a-b!tch!!

And to Rabbit, Phil and Camilio: thank you, thank you and thank you for who you IS. And thank you Brettolius and Datacipher and K. Wilson Moose and david ammes (thx a million for that Barbara Schett pix!) and chad shaver and Deuce and kevin t and @wright and Tom Martinez and Mahboob Khan and all even the Canadian/Euro "clique" that love to flame my little country tis' of thee.......btw, did you ever stop to consider: what if Eminen was French? Whoa!..."Stan" would be "Stephane" but I digress: thanks to that snappin' knee-slappin' ******* of rappin' Senator Jay Bullworth (pls. come back!) and Vash the Stampede (the 'little movie' giant) and Cypo (where'd ya go?) and Susan "MY C.T.T.S!" (btw, tell me that the kid's new pix on the TW homepage is a step down--he's gone from "rat-faced" to looking like a braying donkey, what with that mouth!...your personal "signature" attempts notwithstanding), and Ivy and NoBadMojo for allowing me to put a new spin on the word "plagarism."

And special thanks to ETennisAce7 for starting a great, I MEAN GREAT post! I do hope to see you at the U.S. Open--I'll be wearing a stupid grin on my face at the Heinekin Bar. Topspin, let's do a baseball game....opps, the Expos split Dodge...my bad. Rickson, keep improving, but pleeeze....jack-up the icons in 2005, ok?

And thanks to the zillion other people whose monikers/names escape me at the moment....my apologies. This whole board is a family of sorts to me, and so, to the other 1,274,726 brothers and sisters who view me as a black sheep, I also wish you A Happy and Healthy New Year.

Phil
12-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Hey, I must add David Aames and the Senator (The Hon. Bullworth) to my list-David for his rappier wit and ability to "cut to the chase" and the Sen. for his splendid and subline prose. Dedans: Braying Donkey-Faced Kid...LMAO!

Rabbit
01-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Yes, and I forgot Kevin T, a most noteworthy poster, and of course, my buddy The MOOSE IS LOOSE. He is of great humor himself.

Now, Phil.....if you're Zeus, can I be Thor? Please? Please? Please? I have my own hammer......

Agent Orynge
01-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Since no one mentioned me, can I be my own favorite poster?

Phil
01-01-2005, 01:54 PM
"Now, Phil.....if you're Zeus, can I be Thor? Please? Please? Please? I have my own hammer......"

Tell you what, Rabbit. You have your P.A. contact my P.A. to set-up a meet-your people and my people, and then we'll do lunch and discuss. I have some contacts "up north" and maybe I can call-in some favors to get you your hammer and winged helmet. Then we can divy-up the territory (i.e. The World).

Max G.
01-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Hmm. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Bungalo Bill! He's awesome!

chad shaver
01-01-2005, 04:52 PM
In no particular order, but categorized:

1. Technical help--Bungalo Bill, Mahboob Khan, NoBadMojo, Tom Martinez

2. Entertainment value and/or joy of argument--Phil, Deuce, Sean (Dedan's......whatever), Rabbit, Camilio

3. Just because--Frodo

4. Those deserving my apologies--any notables that I may have missed.

Dedans Penthouse
01-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Phil: to further expound on the "braying donkey" (and at the risk of exposing myself as "Dedans Trailer Park"), when I saw the jutting incisors and belligerant bicuspids of that beady-eyed southpaw, I immediately thought of the annimated "braying donkey" that they would superimpose on the screen on the TV show "Hee-Haw." Susan "MY C.T.T.S.".... simmer down, we're just having fun with the fair lad's glare....(wink!).

Agent Orange: you are one of the many, MANY, many whom I was remiss in mentioning---my elephantine memory squeaks at times. Do you recall (you pittbull!) when you held that poster's hand "to the fire" (for days, it seemed) regarding the question: "Did you or did you NOT go to Berekley?..Well, DID YOU?!!" Talk about an interrogation! (lol!)

Max G.: You're right, Bungalow Bill has contributed a lot of time trying to make sense out of "stoke hitches" to perfectly good (make that, stroke-wise, perfectely "flawed") strangers......even though I still haven't figured out what he meant by "elbow has to lead the shoulder....." on the forehand. B.B., in 2005: please!.....clarify that "modern forehand" thing, OK? In the meantime, Thanks.

Mikael Vitallo: Hei....Terve! Mita kullu? Happy New Year--KIPPIS!!! (Mikael, I offer a toast to you with a frosty Karhu or that "girlie-beer" Lapin Kulta--Minum Kaunis Suoumalanin Kuningatar--LOL!!! Kippis!), brama bullsa (sp?) and stinkdur...miss you, hope all is well. spinbalz: I hope your bountiful neck of the woods yields some great Burgandy "reserves" in 2005.

And of course.........thanks TW for this "dartboard" --- much appreciated!

NoBadMojo
01-02-2005, 06:21 AM
thanks to anyone mentioning my name and particularly chad shaver. chad and i had disagreement as i recall, but has the class to acknowledge someone in spite of that, and to put a disagreement/misunderstanding aside..happy new year all !

Gaines Hillix
01-02-2005, 05:48 PM
It's great to be in such good company!

tennis-n-sc
01-03-2005, 12:58 PM
My favorite is Russell Crowe from the "Gladiator" or any of Anna K.

bertrevert
01-03-2005, 05:34 PM
SpecialK or !Tym
Gaines Hillix
Mahboob Khan
NoBadMojo

Actually, it's over the years I realise now that it's most of the peeps who posted to this very thread - Happy NY to "y'all"...

Morpheus
01-16-2005, 05:57 PM
This thread reminds me of the "golden globes." All the actors gushing about each other and giving each other awards, and talking about "this business of ours" and "their art". At least no one here thanked their mom and dad, although that's not necessarily bad advice.

Phil
01-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey, Morpheus, you're pretty good, too. I forgot to mention you, just because you haven't posted that much lately and my short-term memory is nearly non-existant.

...and to conclude, I would like to save the best for last and give credit where credit is due...I couldn't have made it this far without the support and encouragement of...my Mom and Dad.

gmlasam
01-16-2005, 09:11 PM
For all relating to tennis tips, skills and mechanics:

-Bungalo Bill
-Mahboob Kahn
-John Yandell

For all tennis related equipment:

-Gaines Hillix

For the one that makes me laugh:

-Frodo Baggins

Morpheus
01-17-2005, 03:21 PM
...and to conclude, I would like to save the best for last and give credit where credit is due...I couldn't have made it this far without the support and encouragement of...my Mom and Dad.

...don't forget your ailing auntie who by no fault of her own fell into an ice crevice whilst trekking to the South Pole and was eaten (very slowly) by a pack of hungry penguins, or your dear grandpapa who lived the last years of his life fighting the IRS over a disputed 1995 deduction of his ice shanty as a business expense, which by the way, I am reasonably certain he would have won had he actually owned an ice shanty, but that's beside the point.

Phil
01-17-2005, 05:35 PM
...don't forget your ailing auntie who by no fault of her own fell into an ice crevice whilst trekking to the South Pole and was eaten (very slowly) by a pack of hungry penguins, or your dear grandpapa who lived the last years of his life fighting the IRS over a disputed 1995 deduction of his ice shanty as a business expense, which by the way, I am reasonably certain he would have won had he actually owned an ice shanty, but that's beside the point.

Sadly, Grandpa DID own an ice shanty on which he owed property taxes, and it was the only thing he left us (the tax debt, that is). The county repossessed the ice shanty AND the shanty's small fridge and its contents-a case of icy cold Buds-now THAT was painful.

Dedans Penthouse
01-18-2005, 02:08 PM
They froze Gramps assets?

Dedans Penthouse
01-18-2005, 02:08 PM
They froze Grandpa's assets?

Dedans Penthouse
01-18-2005, 02:11 PM
sorry for the double post......my god-damn computer's frozen!

alienhamster
01-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Wow--this thread got sort of dada all of a sudden, or Gertrude Stein.

I guess Grandpa's assets were in your computer when it froze.

Lovin' the word-play . . .

ucd_ace
01-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Mahboob Khan... his posts have helped me out for years.

Steve Huff
01-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Gaines, of course. BadMoJo has had some great posts too. Tom Martinez really knows his stuff. Richard Parnell, though he doesn't post that much any more. Michael McCrory, as he seems to be the only representative from a manufacturer that truly loves the game.

gifted_shotmaker
06-02-2005, 01:35 PM
I am fairly new to the boards, but so far these posters have intrigued me the most after reading their experienced posts; I may have forgot some:

Grinder
Grimjack
Rabbit
BreakPoint
Kaptain Karl
NoBadMojo
Gaines Hillix
hummer23
Mahboob Khan
papa
kevhen
POGO
Jon Hampton
Max G.
@wright
Marius_Hancu
Power Game
ferrari_827
Coria
Kevin Patrick
raftermania
pound cat
daniel_rst
moosryan
ambro
Datacipher
Dedans Penthouse
Steve Huff
Ronaldo
ffrpg
tricky nicky
goober
Deuce
Bungalo Bill
Camilio Pascual

Heyford Price
09-12-2009, 04:28 AM
me and drakulie

Heyford Price
09-12-2009, 04:29 AM
also condoleeza and atp ballkid

skyzoo
09-12-2009, 04:48 AM
I like Skyzoo

Andres
09-12-2009, 10:34 AM
also condoleeza and atp ballkid
Hahahhaha!! :lol:

Good times.

David_Is_Right
09-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I like Skyzoo

Who is that awful man in your avatar?

I'd have to vote for either Aphex, for his aptitude for cutting through the religious nonsense that pervades these boards, or Phil for his ability to offer lucid, reality-based rebuttals to kooks like Deuce.

SFrazeur
09-12-2009, 11:04 AM
http://news.lavenderliberal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/farrah-fawcett.jpg

-SF

Deuce
09-12-2009, 10:07 PM
or Phil for his ability to offer lucid, reality-based rebuttals to kooks like Deuce.
^ Only cowardly people who are in possession of as few guts as they are of substance take entirely unprovoked cheap shots like this.
Such gutless cowards are among the lowest forms of life...

ubermeyer
09-12-2009, 10:55 PM
^^^^ deuce is my new favorite poster

BB,Kevhen,Mahboob Khan

if you're so new how do you already have 3 favorite posters and call bungalo bill by a nickname???

Sentinel
09-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Of the new posters, Blinkism is one of my favorites. Witty, knowledgeable, balanced, doesn't take offence, and doesn't take cheap shots at others as has almost become the norm in the Pro Discussion section.

skyzoo
09-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Who is that awful man in your avatar?

I'd have to vote for either Aphex, for his aptitude for cutting through the religious nonsense that pervades these boards, or Phil for his ability to offer lucid, reality-based rebuttals to kooks like Deuce.
Are you serious? Its The Great Biz Markie. He made "Just a friend". Wow you need to never ask that stupid question again

David_Is_Right
09-13-2009, 06:49 AM
I just took a listen... now I realise why I'd never heard of him!

malakas
09-13-2009, 06:53 AM
so many wonderful posters mentioned in this thread and now missing.:(
Where is raftermania?Or the genius SoBad??:(

David_Is_Right
09-13-2009, 06:54 AM
^ Only cowardly people who are in possession of as few guts as they are of substance take entirely unprovoked cheap shots like this.
Such gutless cowards are among the lowest forms of life...

Awwww, poor little lamb! Sorry, I thought someone who pours as much condescension on others as you would be able to cope with being called a "kook". My apologies.

Deuce
09-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Awwww, poor little lamb! Sorry, I thought someone who pours as much condescension on others as you would be able to cope with being called a "kook". My apologies.
It hasn't affected my life - sorry.
I simply wanted to point out that people who need to resort to unprovoked cheap shots, rather than take issue in a relevant circumstance with the person directly, are absolute cowards.

I've never held any respect for those who hit from behind.

dave333
09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
BB, tricky, and systematicanomaly, and Ano back in the H&F forums.

Best posts.

Terr
09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Drakulie. His persistence is entertaining.

Ano
09-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Bungalo Bill. His posts are very informative.

flyinghippos101
09-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Bungalo Bill. His posts are very informative.

+1, I look forward to Bungalo Bill's posts

VivalaVida
09-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I like Slice Backhand compliment, NamRanger, Zagor, Icedevil, Sentinel, CC, Mav66, Mansewerz, JBF, Azzuri,FLyinghiipos, Serendipitous,norbac, Showstopper, Namelessone, Noveson and many more. I cant name all. :)

Joeyg
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Dr. Fedace

maverick66
09-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I like Slice Backhand compliment, NamRanger, Zagor, Icedevil, Sentinel, CC, Mav66, Mansewerz, JBF, Azzuri,FLyinghiipos, Serendipitous,norbac, Showstopper, Namelessone, Noveson and many more. I cant name all. :)

Nice to get mentioned thank you.

Dr. Fedace

Your obssesion with him is kinda creepy. It might be time to let it go.

Duzza
09-15-2009, 09:58 PM
My favourites are:

Deuce - because he is always so positive about life and the way people act

Fedace - he is usually spot on about everything that is happening in the tennis world and always asks intriguing and intelligent questions

Ano
09-16-2009, 12:16 AM
BB, tricky, and systematicanomaly, and Ano back in the H&F forums.

Best posts.

Thanks Dave.

David_Is_Right
09-16-2009, 12:48 AM
It hasn't affected my life - sorry.
I simply wanted to point out that people who need to resort to unprovoked cheap shots, rather than take issue in a relevant circumstance with the person directly, are absolute cowards.

I've never held any respect for those who hit from behind.

I apologise. I won't call you a kook again.

Noveson
09-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Nice revival:)

Anyway for me it's JamesBlake#1Fan, feel like he is usually a mediating force, Ano the health health guru, VivaLaVida who makes the match results section more entertaining, systematicanomaly just is so technical, hyogen provides some entertainment, and skyzoo because he introduced me to new music and because I'm listening to Just a Friend right now. Also slicebackhandcomplement because he is quite funny, Andres too.

Ano
09-16-2009, 04:25 AM

Anyway for me it's JamesBlake#1Fan, feel like he is usually a mediating force, Ano the health health guru, VivaLaVida who makes the match results section more entertaining, systematicanomaly just is so technical, hyogen provides some entertainment, and skyzoo because he introduced me to new music and because I'm listening to Just a Friend right now. Also slicebackhandcomplement because he is quite funny, Andres too.

Thanks Noveson. I have started posting on the H&F forum again, even though I will not post as often as I did in the past.

jamesblakefan#1
09-16-2009, 04:56 AM

Thanks Noveson! :) I enjoy your posts as well.

My first choice would be edberg505, very knowledgeable about the game, and putting the era-bashers in their place. :D

Also like dr. wood, namelessone, one of the fairer Rafa fans out there,along w/ Blinkism, RealityPolice for the 'Guys only thread :D, T1000, malakas, mandy01, JennyS, plenty more that I'm sure others have mentioned. There's plenty of sunshine on TT, even when it seems like it's raining all over the place.

flyinghippos101
09-16-2009, 12:11 PM

Woot, thanks for the mention.

My list goes as follows

blinkism
Namranger
viva la vida
sentinel
icedevil
Jamesblakefan#1
CC
malakas
Drakulie to some extent
SHOWSTOPPER
serendipitous
all-rounder
Andres

whole bunch more, just those i can think of off the top of my head

Zielmann
09-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Just had to comment on the fact that this thread was buried for over 4 years, until a few days ago.

...carry on...

wyutani
09-16-2009, 12:24 PM
120mphBodyServe

my stalker.

Joeyg
09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Dear Maverick,

It's a joke. Lighten up, dude.

viduka0101
09-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Conquistador for some strange reason is my favorite poster

dcottrill
09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Ano, who was gone but seems to be slowly coming back. :)

Chess9, who was gone but has come back with a vengeance. :)

Rickson, who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, but who will hopefully return someday. :confused:

maverick66
09-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Dear Maverick,

It's a joke. Lighten up, dude.

I remember the thread but its got old and kinda overdone.

Azzurri
09-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Conquistador for some strange reason is my favorite poster

"don't you know you never go full ******?" Conquistador and Simple Jack are the same person.

Andres
09-16-2009, 04:41 PM
"don't you know you never go full ******?" Conquistador and Simple Jack are the same person.
Hahhahahahahaha!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Azzurri
09-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Hahhahahahahaha!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Congrats on Juan Martin winning the USO. I really like his game.

I actually loved that movie. Tom Cruise is awesome in the movie.

Ano
09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Ano, who was gone but seems to be slowly coming back. :)

Chess9, who was gone but has come back with a vengeance. :)

Rickson, who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, but who will hopefully return someday. :confused:

Thanks mate. Yes, I have decided to make a come back. :)

Eventhough I will not post as often as I did in the past.

ryangoring
09-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Bud, drakulie, jim e, valjean, ah screw it too many to list. id ont actually have one, just many like a polygamy!
lol!

Breaker
09-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I canít believe this. An honorable mention!? Thatís it? Dude, youíre my sidekick. My SIDEKICK. Have you any idea of the value of that position? I obviously value you far more than you value me. A sidekick is, like, 100 times better than bosom buddies. 10 times better than Best Friends. Itís a closer bond than marriage, for chrissake. And all I merit is a measly ĎHonorable Mentioní?!

As you seem to have no idea of the value of a sidekick, allow me a moment to illustrate... What would Peanut Butter be without Jam? NOTHING! Astaire without Rogers? NOTHING! Gleason without Carney; Fred without Barney; Archie without ĎMeatheadí; Romeo without Juliet; Batman without Robin; Christopher Robin without Pooh; Bradshaw without Swan; Gretzky without Kurri; Summer without Baseball; Rocky without Adrian; Bullwinkle without Rocky; Lennon without McCartney; Peaches without Herb; Goddamn Love without Goddamn Pain!?!!?... NOTHING! NOTHING! %*$@*&# NOTHING!

And what would I therefore be without you? Yes, I admit Ė NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!

An Honorable #*&%$@* Mention!? Geezzzz....

This is absolutely hilarious :lol:

Hot Sauce
09-16-2009, 09:23 PM
http://news.lavenderliberal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/farrah-fawcett.jpg

-SF

You did it again!

I'd go with (Dr.) Phil. He posts sparingly but he's quite funny.

Andres
09-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Congrats on Juan Martin winning the USO. I really like his game.

I actually loved that movie. Tom Cruise is awesome in the movie.
Cruise and Downey Jr. absolutely stole the stage. Absolutely.
I don't like comedies. In fact, I almost hate comedies, but loved this one. Those two performances were awesome.

Azzurri
09-17-2009, 05:49 AM
I don't like comedies. In fact, I almost hate comedies, but loved this one. Those two performances were awesome.

I showed a few work friends some clips of the movie on Youtube. They all placed the movie on their NetFlix account. They also thought Cruise and Downey were hysterical. "Get me a Diet Pepsi!"

dParis
09-17-2009, 06:23 AM
I thought the DVD commentary was funnier than the actual movie.

Azzurri
09-17-2009, 08:11 AM

I don't own it, but it seems to be one of those cult classics. once it goes down to like $3 for a DVD, I will get one. Probably around Xmas time.

"What do YOU mean, you people!?"

Andres
09-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Didn't get to see it. I'm sure the extras and the special features are hilarious :)

I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude! You're a dude that don't know what dude he is!!

aphex
09-17-2009, 10:30 AM
heycal, drak, david_is_right, joeyg

r2473
09-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Bo Knows.

http://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/33-40/33-40347-F.jpg

Azzurri
09-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Didn't get to see it. I'm sure the extras and the special features are hilarious :)

I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude! You're a dude that don't know what dude he is!!

LOL...best line in the movie.

fruitytennis1
09-17-2009, 07:40 PM
I suggest people stop looking at these boards. Take a little, take that back a long break.

SFrazeur
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
You did it again!

I'd go with (Dr.) Phil. He posts sparingly but he's quite funny.

Cannot help myself. Mind you though, I was born in '84 so the poster really has no nostalgic meaning to me. It just seems like the best answer.

-SF

darthpwner
09-17-2009, 08:23 PM
!Tym
10 char

Steady Eddy
11-14-2009, 05:30 PM
bee
Wild Volley
YUlittle

and others who I can't remember.

T1000