PDA

View Full Version : Any hard statistics on concealed carry laws?

max
02-15-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm in Illinois, and concealed carry legislation is pending. I don't really want personal opinions, but I'm wondering if the practical experience of concealed carry, in the states in which this is permitted, has been substantially studied.

Anyone know?

LuckyR
02-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm in Illinois, and concealed carry legislation is pending. I don't really want personal opinions, but I'm wondering if the practical experience of concealed carry, in the states in which this is permitted, has been substantially studied.

Anyone know?

Oregon has one of the most liberal concealed weapons laws in the US. My understanding is that none of the concealed weapons has ever been used in a crime. They are so prevalent that if someone were to go postal in a mall or crowded movie theatre, I would be suprised if there wouldn't be someone with a weapon to bring to bear on the perp. The one exception would be... schools where you can't bring a weapon, even with a concealed weapons permit.

Supernatural_Serve
02-15-2008, 02:47 PM
New York City has the most hostile gun laws usurping the 2nd ammendment.

Almost nobody can get a permit to carry a gun unless you are rich and powerful or you can prove that you daily (not every few days), but everyday, carry at least $10,000 to a bank. Deniro, Trump, Segal, they have permits to carry a gun, but your average business man, store owner, or even someone who carries cash to and from the bank can't get a permit to carry a handgun and of course they get killed by theives regularly.

And if you are store owner and shoot someone in self defense with a handgun that you don't have a permit for because the city won't give you one, you get charged with a misdemeanor and go to jail.