PDA

View Full Version : IQ Test

jasoncho92
02-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Im wondering if this IQ test is accurate or even close to it. I used to do these when i was bored and did one again just now. And post your scores if you decide to do it lol

http://www.highiqsociety.org/iq_tests/

I got a 129 on it but i think im lower since its an internet test -_-

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6318/screenee9.jpg

Strawberry
02-15-2008, 06:30 PM
That was ridiculously stupid.

jasoncho92
02-15-2008, 06:38 PM
That was ridiculously stupid.
That was so helpful that i cant explain it in words. And i do know that some of the questions are absolutely stupid, which is why im asking people who maybe have taken a real IQ test if this is would give an accurate score.

Strawberry
02-15-2008, 06:42 PM
That was so helpful that i cant explain it in words. And i do know that some of the questions are absolutely stupid, which is why im asking people who maybe have taken a real IQ test if this is would give an accurate score.

Glad to help.
But seriously, I took the test and some of those puzzle questions were ridiculous. I highly doubt that is what a real IQ test is, because most of them aren't free. Some questions may be similar, but other than that, I think it's a stretch if that were legit.

jasoncho92
02-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Glad to help.
But seriously, I took the test and some of those puzzle questions were ridiculous. I highly doubt that is what a real IQ test is, because most of them aren't free. Some questions may be similar, but other than that, I think it's a stretch if that were legit.
Ridiculous as in easy or hard? And its the score im wondering. I wanted someone who knows their IQ to take the test and see if what they get from that one is close to their real one. Im guessing you got lower than 129 since you didnt put your score up though lol

TENNIS_IS_FUN
02-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I got 118...the image ones were hardddddd

Strawberry
02-15-2008, 06:56 PM
My real IQ is in the 180's and on this stupid test I got 104 _

saram
02-15-2008, 07:02 PM

Your IQ is in the "180's" and you don't know the exact number? :confused:

malakas
02-15-2008, 07:12 PM
My real IQ is in the 180's

on a scale of 300??:neutral:

I got just qualified to join that community with 125.I think it's an ok IQ test you can do through your PC but the IQ tests are better done by experts tet a tet I think.Also it must be according to your age and your language probably cultural background.

Bodacious DVT
02-15-2008, 07:16 PM
I got a 135. Its a bogus test however. look at the end, they just want you to join and spam you with emails.

it is interesting though. I never have taken the real thing

jasoncho92
02-15-2008, 07:24 PM
I seriously doubt that your real IQ or anyone on TT is even close to the 180s

Strawberry
02-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I seriously doubt that your real IQ or anyone on TT is even close to the 180s

Good God, it was a joke. Jeesh.

AM28143
02-15-2008, 07:28 PM
.I think it's an ok IQ test you can do through your PC but the IQ tests are better done by experts tet a tet I think.Also it must be according to your age and your language probably cultural background.

Or, better yet, not administrated by anyone. IQ tests prove nothing and are practically useless in society.

-Adam :)

jasoncho92
02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I really dont see how and IQ test proves nothing. Geniuses almost always score extremely high on IQ tests but yes they are useless in society.

malakas
02-15-2008, 07:42 PM
If you are a genious you already know it and don't need a stupid IQ test, to prove it.:p

Noveson
02-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I really dont see how and IQ test proves nothing. Geniuses almost always score extremely high on IQ tests but yes they are useless in society.

Just sec are you saying you weren't joking about the 180 thing? Because I'm calling bs if you weren't joking.

AM28143
02-15-2008, 07:49 PM
I really dont see how and IQ test proves nothing.

Well, for example, the person who wrote this sentence scored a 129. :) Just kiddin'! We all make typos!

Anyway, back to your question. IQ tests must prove something, you're right, however, I don't think we know what. Intelligent people perform poorly sometimes, and unintelligent people recieve high scores.

The best way to determine one's intelligence, IMHO, is to talk to them and get to know them. And if you don't know someone, and don't talk to them, you can't label them as dumb quite yet.

35ft6
02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Internet tests overestimate your score by a lot. Almost every person I know who's taken a test has gotten near genius if not genius level results. I haven't done a study on this by I figure it overestimates by 10 to 25 points.

My friends and went through a phase during college where we'd take a lot of these, and aside from spitting out falsely high numbers, it also wanted you to register or pay for a detailed explanation for your "great" score, which probably explains why the numbers are inflated -- most people won't pay for a detailed explanation of how they're dumb.

Chauvalito
02-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Or, better yet, not administrated by anyone. IQ tests prove nothing and are practically useless in society.

Could you elaborate on their uselessness please?

Chauvalito
02-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Intelligent people perform poorly sometimes, and unintelligent people receive high scores.

Is this your only argument for IQ tests being useless?

Chauvalito
02-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Internet tests overestimate your score by a lot. Almost every person I know who's taken a test has gotten near genius if not genius level results. I haven't done a study on this by I figure it overestimates by 10 to 25 points.

My friends and went through a phase during college where we'd take a lot of these, and aside from spitting out falsely high numbers, it also wanted you to register or pay for a detailed explanation for your "great" score, which probably explains why the numbers are inflated -- most people don't want a detailed explanation of how they're dumb.

One of the research teams in my department is doing a side by side analysis right now. I administered some of the testing myself.

AM28143
02-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Could you elaborate on their uselessness please?

When do we use them in our society? Name one instance where a high IQ is helpful? Besides for self-confidence, maybe.

Leelord337
02-15-2008, 08:02 PM

lol, thats exactly what i got too...and I know I'm smarter than that. They were stupid questions too like: what is the only fish that lays eggs on land...blablabla.

AM28143
02-15-2008, 08:04 PM

My friends and went through a phase during college where we'd take a lot of these, and aside from spitting out falsely high numbers, it also wanted you to register or pay for a detailed explanation for your "great" score, which probably explains why the numbers are inflated -- most people won't pay for a detailed explanation of how they're dumb.

Agreed. I once purposely choose wrong answers and still received a score above 90. Definitely inflated.

Chauvalito
02-15-2008, 08:34 PM
When do we use them in our society? Name one instance where a high IQ is helpful? Besides for self-confidence, maybe.

1. Industrial and Organizational Psychology - Companies often contract psychologists to measure IQ for top executive positions, among many other factors mind you.

2. The GRE is an intelligence test, so if you decide to go to Grad school like thousands of students due, each year, you will take this test.

3. Every University in the United Stated most likely has a Disabilities office. Students who claim to suffer from Dyslexia, ADHD, or any number of other disorders are usually required to undergo intelligence and achievement testing before accommodations are provided to them

4. MCAT, ACT, SAT - All basically measure intelligence in one shape or form.

5. Intelligence is broken down into two categories usually, these definitions are off the top of my head, they may sound vague.

Fluid Intelligence - basically a measure of processing speed of the brain...
think fighter pilots, or mathematcians etc

Crystallized Intelligence - This is what is tested on the MCAT and ACT,
basically your retention of knowledge in the subject in question. Basically general knowledge.

6. IQ tests are often given to those applying for some type of aid from the government, say for the mentally handicapped etc. It is used to Judge the amount of aid given, and what type of aid

I think you are mistaking your opinion for fact. The above is just a small set of uses...there are hundreds more. Your opinion may be that IQ tests are useless, which is fine, but the facts indicate otherwise. IQ tests are used not just to measure ones merits, but also to learn how to aid those in need.

The research in the field of intelligence testing is quite old, and very extensive. In fact, according to the research which has been done, IQ tests assess are able to measure more than 50% of the variance in an IQ score. meaning, when you take a normed and validated test like the Wechsler tests, the test is accurately explaining more than 50% of your intelligence in terms of the measures used on the test. Not all, but most...I cant remember the exact figure, it may be near 80%

jasoncho92
02-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Well im asking if these scores are inflated because its basically the only internet IQ test that i havent scored genius level on

Chauvalito
02-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Well im asking if these scores are inflated because its basically the only internet IQ test that i havent scored genius level on

We have not compiled our data yet, I apologize, but we will by May of this year hopefully have study completed.

We will be able to tell with some certainty whether or not Internet methods are sound, but only for the online IQ test we administered, which was different than the one you took.

We gave the emode super IQ test.

edberg505
02-15-2008, 09:24 PM
1. Industrial and Organizational Psychology - Companies often contract psychologists to measure IQ for top executive positions, among many other factors mind you.

2. The GRE is an intelligence test, so if you decide to go to Grad school like thousands of students due, each year, you will take this test.

3. Every University in the United Stated most likely has a Disabilities office. Students who claim to suffer from Dyslexia, ADHD, or any number of other disorders are usually required to undergo intelligence and achievement testing before accommodations are provided to them

4. MCAT, ACT, SAT - All basically measure intelligence in one shape or form.

5. Intelligence is broken down into two categories usually, these definitions are off the top of my head, they may sound vague.

Fluid Intelligence - basically a measure of processing speed of the brain...
think fighter pilots, or mathematcians etc

Crystallized Intelligence - This is what is tested on the MCAT and ACT,
basically your retention of knowledge in the subject in question. Basically general knowledge.

6. IQ tests are often given to those applying for some type of aid from the government, say for the mentally handicapped etc. It is used to Judge the amount of aid given, and what type of aid

I think you are mistaking your opinion for fact. The above is just a small set of uses...there are hundreds more. Your opinion may be that IQ tests are useless, which is fine, but the facts indicate otherwise. IQ tests are used not just to measure ones merits, but also to learn how to aid those in need.

The research in the field of intelligence testing is quite old, and very extensive. In fact, according to the research which has been done, IQ tests assess are able to measure more than 50% of the variance in an IQ score. meaning, when you take a normed and validated test like the Wechsler tests, the test is accurately explaining more than 50% of your intelligence in terms of the measures used on the test. Not all, but most...I cant remember the exact figure, it may be near 80%

The MCATs are completely useless as far as judging intelligence. In fact I don't think just because one does well on the MCATs that it automatically means they will do well in medical school. That test basically proves how well one can regurgitate information. The GRE on the other hand I think is a much better indication of one's intelligence. I actually think the GRE is a bit harder to be honest. Basically, someone can study for the MCATs but you can't really study for the GRE.

By the way I got halfway through taking this IQ test and I just didn't have the patience to finish it so I didn't.

JohnnyCracker
02-15-2008, 10:58 PM
142 is my score. Interesting test. Is it anything similar to the real IQ test?