PDA

View Full Version : What are some good TV shows I can watch?

UW_Husky88
02-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey,

I was wondering what were some good TV shows, preferably some that haven't gone too far in depth. I don't mind playing catch up, but the problem is it's hard for me to track down episodes online, and I've never had much luck torrenting seasons (anyone know a good place where I can view episodes btw?). Btw, try to avoid comedy if possible. I love comedies, but I get enough laughs from South Park, and am looking for more serious type of stuff.

I've really gotten into the Terminator show, and I'm going to check out Eli Stone, but anything else? Oh, and where can I find nip/tuck episodes, because I want to check that out...

Fee
02-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I like House, I think you can catch up with that pretty easily. I also like CSI NY, but I have a crush on Gary Sinise (and a woman crush on Melina Kankarides).

Look for The Closer when it starts up again. I think you can pick that up without seeing older episodes.

Strawberry
02-16-2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/d-f/fh7-cov.jpg

Zhou
02-16-2008, 06:55 PM
24 Season 7 when it finally begins
House is a good show
America's best dance crew
Family Guy is a sure good laugh but is a comedy
Jericho I think that is how it is spelled
Shark is a good one

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
02-16-2008, 06:55 PM
The Wire, even though it's in the last season, to me one of the most underrated shows on television. Dexter is pretty good, a little dark but great. Monk is also really good too, Tony Shalhoub is awesome. The Riches on FX is a really interesting show, great acting by Eddie Izzard and Minie Driver.

I also agree with Fee, about The Closer, there always seems to me some type of marathons going on much like Law and Order.

By the way,

Is anyone watching the two-hour backdoor pilot of Knight Rider tomorrow on NBC?

iradical18
02-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Check out Pushing Daises when it comes back, it's the best new show on TV IMO. Weeds and Dexter on Showtime are great as well.

j30tennis
02-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Nip/Tuck a bit wierd this season is almost over but well worth going back to the original season.

yodudedudeyo
02-16-2008, 07:36 PM
The Riches is pretty good, very original storyline, plus there has only been one season; season two starts soon sometime, so catching up wouldnt be hard

my_forehand
02-16-2008, 08:17 PM
I would say Heroes, if that's considered a "TV Show," but you're 2 seasons behind, now that the Writer's Strike is over.

I like House and Monk too :).

dave333
02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Lost is amazing, but if you just started you'll be way behind and need to watch previous seasons.

Love The Office. Can't wait when its back.

Monk and House are great too.

Freedom
02-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I started The Shield on Season 4- I loved it. The Riches is very good too.

I watched Season 1 of Heroes in one weekend- go rent them and cancel all plans. :)

diegaa
02-16-2008, 08:56 PM
im watching heroes right now. not as good as lost, but still worth it.

Photoshop
02-16-2008, 09:20 PM
24 - season 1-3 and maybe 4. don't watch the rest.

FiveO
02-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Rescue Me

Criminal Minds

angharad
02-16-2008, 09:56 PM
House - don't bother with anything after Season 2

Ugly Betty - if you like soapy shows

Scrubs - it's been hit-or-miss recently, but early seasons were great

Feņa14
02-16-2008, 11:52 PM
The Sopranos!
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Leelord337
02-16-2008, 11:55 PM
One word: LOST

or on the travel channel I've been watching "Living with the Mek" Really cool show.

ATP Tennis on TTC

El Diablo
02-17-2008, 06:57 AM
"In Treatment" and "Dexter." Call it a "Sopranos" effect but it seems the best things on TV are the ones that deal with psychological motivations.

35ft6
02-17-2008, 10:26 AM
The Wire, even though it's in the last season, to me one of the most underrated shows on television. Season 4 is one the best seasons of TV in history. Not sure if it's underrated since almost every critic considers it one of if not THE best show on TV, but definitely not watched enough. Get it on DVD, Husky.

LanEvo
02-17-2008, 10:29 AM
if u like comedy Two and a Half Men is a great show for comedy, i also like the shows Smallville and One Tree Hill, both of those are also great shows

krz
02-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Lately I've been watching Chuck premise is stupid but I really like it.

I'm a huge fan of scrubs but this season really isn't doing anything for me, nothing important is really happening.

And of course how could I forget Entourage... god I love Ari. Definitely my favorite show on TV

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
02-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Season 4 is one the best seasons of TV in history. Not sure if it's underrated since almost every critic considers it one of if not THE best show on TV, but definitely not watched enough. Get it on DVD, Husky.

That's very true, and you're right the 4th season is the best. The 5th is gaining some mommentum to be a great one also.

kairosntx
02-17-2008, 11:29 PM
I agree with Freedom.. very good advice. Sign up for BB total access for two weeks, then sign up for Netflix for two weeks and you can get caught up on anything you want.

Check imdb.com for their ratings on television shows. I watched all 3 season of The Wire in a week because of how highly it was rated. Same thing for Curb Your Enthusiasm (think Seinfeld with an edge because it's on HBO)

CivicLx
02-18-2008, 05:58 PM
no one mentioned Prison Break?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i got some episodes on Itunes and now I'm hooked!

i hate to say it, but i like gossip girl too. really like the characters in the show. prison break is to keep my street cred intact :)

Feņa14
02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
no one mentioned Prison Break?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i got some episodes on Itunes and now I'm hooked!

i hate to say it, but i like gossip girl too. really like the characters in the show. prison break is to keep my street cred intact :)

Do you like the new season?

I watched the first 2 and loved them but i've given up on the 3rd, it's not doing it for me at all :(

kairosntx
02-18-2008, 10:21 PM
For any Prison Break fans in the Metroplex. They film the yard scenes in the Stockyards in the abandoned Armor/Swift plant. You can see the newly built guard towers and razor wire around the fence when you drive down Niles City.

LondonGooner
02-19-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm another one for Pushing Daisies and Lost but if you are looking for something different then I can vouch for the UK series "Life on Mars" - only 2 seasons were made and they are widely available on most torrenting sites (eg MiniNova) I hear they are remaking it in the US.

movdqa
02-19-2008, 04:57 AM
Walter Lewin at MIT:

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/courses/av/index.htm#Physics

malakas
02-19-2008, 05:19 AM
I suggest House,CSI LasVegas and CSI New York,Law and Order and Coupling.

CivicLx
02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Do you like the new season?

I watched the first 2 and loved them but i've given up on the 3rd, it's not doing it for me at all :(

i haven't seen the new season. I just recently purchased the second season on DVD and i've only finished the first four episodes. when I'm finished with the second season, I'll either look for the third season on DVD or dl a couple of episodes from Itunes to see if I'm still into it.

I tried watching the first episode of lost but it's not hooking me the same way that prison break did.

LuckyR
02-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Another vote for Dexter. Better than most and has the added advantage of not being so old that it should be easy to pick up the storyline.

Leelord337
02-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Also Bones and House are great!...Not to Mention LOST again. (Lost is by far my fav show)