PDA

View Full Version : Professionals help to solve elbow problem.

Aykhan Mammadov
12-23-2004, 03:52 AM
I have been playing with Head i.Prestige Mid 3 years. I'm experienced player ( can't tell my grade according NTRP since don't know what is NTRP - I don't live in USA).

Already a few months that I have started to feel weakness in my elbow tendon. I understand that best racquet is heavy, flexible, headlight, not oversize, not so long and etc.. Prestige Mid must correspond.

I understand that it is not possible completely eliminate torsional force appearing during impact shocking our elbows. Anyhow I read Pro Kennex has kinetic system in the handle, Wilson uses TRIAD, Babolat has double woofer. These techniques surely if not completely but partially reduce elbow shock. At the same time I didn't hear anything serious from Head, Yonex or others regarding this matter apart of frequent changing materials for obtaining more power.

Frankly speaking, I don't think that other producers forgot all these problems with elbow and their racquets are much worse. In this regard I have 2 questions:

1. Maybe really I'm wrong and some player's racquets are much better for elbow than Prestige ? Can you advise must we believe that some technologies really made racquets of some brands much better and softer than racquets of other producers ?

2. Do you recommend shifting from 12.1 oz. Prestige to another 10-11 oz. player racquet in this situation with elbow?

Thanks in advance.

gerli
12-23-2004, 06:02 AM
I do not think that your racquet is the problem. I had also some troubles with my elbow in the past. Maybe you are laughing now, but during the night i always slept with my head on my arm. This pressure evoke my elbow troubles. After changing my sleeping position the elbow pain is gone within two weeks. Maybe this helps a little bit.

predrag
12-23-2004, 07:46 AM
I do not think that your racquet is the problem. I had also some troubles with my elbow in the past. Maybe you are laughing now, but during the night i always slept with my head on my arm. This pressure evoke my elbow troubles. After changing my sleeping position the elbow pain is gone within two weeks. Maybe this helps a little bit.

Actually I had the same problemyears ago.
However it was inside elbow (Golfer's Elbow) for me.

:):)

Regards, Predrag

gerli
12-23-2004, 07:57 AM
predag
my elbow pain was also inside!!
Try to change your sleeping position so that your arm lies next to your body. Be sure that there is no stress during the night on your elbow.

predrag
12-23-2004, 08:00 AM
predag
my elbow pain was also inside!!
Try to change your sleeping position so that your arm lies next to your body. Be sure that there is no stress during the night on your elbow.

Oh, I did. That's why I used the past tense :)
Problems stopped immediately.

Dennis Chan
12-23-2004, 08:22 AM
I understand that it is not possible completely eliminate torsional force appearing during impact shocking our elbows. Anyhow I read Pro Kennex has kinetic system in the handle, Wilson uses TRIAD, Babolat has double woofer. These techniques surely if not completely but partially reduce elbow shock. At the same time I didn't hear anything serious from Head, Yonex or others regarding this matter apart of frequent changing materials for obtaining more power.

Frankly speaking, I don't think that other producers forgot all these problems with elbow and their racquets are much worse. In this regard I have 2 questions:

1. Maybe really I'm wrong and some player's racquets are much better for elbow than Prestige ? Can you advise must we believe that some technologies really made racquets of some brands much better and softer than racquets of other producers ?

2. Do you recommend shifting from 12.1 oz. Prestige to another 10-11 oz. player racquet in this situation with elbow?

Thanks in advance.

The i. fibre is supposed to reduce shock and add power at the same time. At least this is what I was lead to believe (marketing stuffs). From my own hitting experience, the i. Prestige is quite demanding. Stiff hood and tight string pattern make it quite harsh on the arm. Stay with 12 oz rackets though. Estusa PBB and Wilson PS 6.0 95 are good alternitives.

Zverev
12-23-2004, 12:14 PM
To my experience, the technologies that reduce vibration, e.g. Triad, do not relieve stress on your elbow.
I played with Wilson T5 and it didn't help my elbow problem.
PS Zone 7.1 weigted to 355gramms (12.50z), heavy and flexible racquet, was very good for elbow problems.
It didn't pass any real shock and allowed my elbow to heal.
It took around 4-5 month though until TE disappeared completely.
After that I moved to another racquet, which actually gave more power to my game (cat 10), but I got golfer's instead.
So, what I have done, is weigted Cat 10 to equal my Zone, made same SW as well. It feels much better, I just wait untill my GE is gone which takes ages (6-8 weeks).
You have to stop playing or change something that you know will help.

Aykhan Mammadov
12-23-2004, 03:20 PM
No advanced players = " professioanls" at forum ?