PDA

View Full Version : What do I say?

Tempyst
02-18-2008, 07:24 PM
I have this friend of mine who is obsessed with tennis. However, he has the most narrow-minded and ignorant view on tennis EVER. He only believes what he thinks is true and refuses to consider any advice given by people (nor mine) on how to improve. I constantly give him advice but his reply is always, "I don't need it, I just need to hit". He does not have any of the proper fundementals down at all and is simply the learn-on-his-own player.

The only person who hits with him frequently is me. I usually do not mind hitting with him, but the gap is getting way too big. Also, tennis tryouts are less than a month away. I can't get any practice hitting with him, he's simply the most stubborn player I know. I want to practice with others without him being there to downplay the competitive atmosphere, but I don't want to hurt our friendship either. What should I do?

LanEvo
02-18-2008, 07:27 PM
ok the best way to send him a message is to find someone better than him and tell ur friend to play a match with the person, and when ur friend loses a message will pop up for ur friend

Tempyst
02-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Tried that a few times when our other tennis friends were available. He still thinks he can just hit on the court and expect to become exponetially better.

TokyopunK
02-18-2008, 07:31 PM
My friend was like this ....... an arrogant self-centered punk who thought he was the best in the world.

Well he got me mad one day so I hit him in the leg with my Aeropro Drive and then told him to shape up and stop acting like an idiot.

To this day he has become a better player and usually never shows that arrogant side of his.

LanEvo
02-18-2008, 07:34 PM
i used to be just like ur friend a few years ago, where you always think ur the best, you can beat anyone, no one can beat you and u wouldnt listen to anyone or take any advice, but i only got out of it after i suffered a huge loss

Tempyst
02-18-2008, 07:36 PM
That's half true about him. I mean, he doesn't think he's the best or can beat anyone, but that just makes it worse because then I can't beat his *** in tennis to show him the light. HE JUST DOESN'T LISTEN AT ALL. He is way too blindsided and ignorant to improve. Now I can't take it, I think I have to either say something or do something about it.

yodudedudeyo
02-18-2008, 07:45 PM
...so dont play with him