PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Warrior OS

raftermania
12-24-2004, 03:21 AM
Hi I've attached a pic of my beloved Warrior.

I want you to notice the throat, after regripping, I've noticed that a colouration has occured to the exposed part.

This colouration is just starting to develop. That pinkish/brown hue is much more developed on my older Warrior. On my old warrior, the colouration covers the entire throat, but does not spread to the hoop.

My friend's warrior has similar "racquet rash" on the throat.

Tell me if there is a convenient ointment that I can rub on it to make it go away!

http://artsweb.uwaterloo.ca/~jdu/images/warrior.jpg

Not a big issue... But I'd be interested in any insight on the "etiology" of this "racquet rash!"

Your racquet is your baby, and if your baby gets a rash, mommy wants to make it better.

Thanks!

ps, don't comment on my unvacuumed carpet pls :)

El Diablo
12-24-2004, 05:00 AM
I recently played a fellow whose Warriors had all turned entirely reddish-pink after a few years. It looked as if the white paint had faded or even worn off. Warrior has no gloss coat so maybe the white paint happens to be especially unstable.

__jt__
12-24-2004, 03:01 PM
does that mean all racquets that are white will eventually discolour? my racquet is a head i.S2 and, as we all know, it's white.

AndrewD
12-24-2004, 03:33 PM
I don't think there is any way to stop it. A few years ago I was dating a girl who used a white Wilson - one of the lower end racquets, not the ceramic- and she experienced exactly the same thing. The initial paint job looked quite like the TT Warrior so perhaps it's more to do with the finish they use and the way it reacts, over time, to heat. Perhaps it'll end up looking like that red racquet that Rafter had before the Warrior

No, not all white racquets will suffer in the same way. Remember the old Prince Spectrum and Wilson Ceramic? I've never seen one of them suffering from any discolouration.

Ronaldo
12-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Wilson's Ultra/Kevlar's white pearlized paint hasn't faded in 15 yrs.

raftermania
12-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the answers so far! anyone else?

Don't tell me this is an inevitable affair!

Haha Andrew, I have Rafter's previous racquet too I don't need a third!

Yeah I've also got a white Wilson Chrissy Every Graphite, it's more of a silver-white colour, but after all these years - it hasn't shown signs of colouration/fading.

Maybe try putting some sex wax on the frame as others were chatting about??? :)

netman
12-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Perhaps a reaction to something in perspiration? I've seen other matt coatings that change when exposed constantly to perspiration. Notice Prince no longer makes matt finished white racquets.

tennisee
12-26-2004, 05:28 PM
My Warriors went a bit brownish where I held them at the throat. No red yet (1yr). I used meths on a cloth to some effect - worth a try. Then an idiot stringer got the black stencil ink all over it. I managed to get it mostly off with kitchen creme cleanser, the type that 'polishes without scratching' etc. I thought this would bugger up the white matt finish, but it seems remarkably durable. I was pleasantly surprised.