PDA

View Full Version : New Prince Racquets

adi_prestige_player
12-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Does anyone have any news/pictures/info about the new Prince racquets coming out in February (as seen in the latest isuue of tennis magazine, and at www.princetennis.com/03 )? Is this actually a "new" technology, or is just bogus? Thanks.

Ronaldo
12-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Don't those flared-out, drilled holes look like Wilson Powerholes? Is this new technology or a fix to the MORE broken strings grommetless racquets?

hummer23
12-24-2004, 03:58 PM
i playtested it. it was interesting feel to it. lol let me know if you actualy care and ill give you the whole shpeal on it.

degreefanlindi
12-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Not sure about this new style but I signed up for the email reminder!

raftermania
12-24-2004, 04:10 PM
yeah I signed up for the reminder too.

Hummer, I'd love to hear your assessment!

Ronaldo
12-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Hummer, did the racquet play like any other current racquet?

hummer23
12-25-2004, 10:01 AM
the new prince frames werent really appealing to me. i played with them and they feel like very powerful tweeners. it had a lot of power, and it played like a ncode n5. it had a really interesting feel to it. the best wayi can explain it, is that it is so stiff and light, that you need to swing your way through it very hard, and if you do, you really drive the ball with better control than i expected. its the best tweener type frame im ever used. right now, im playing with a tour 90, so its very different. this frame feels like a more refined and better control orietned version of the head iX series. its worth a try if you like a medium power easy to swing frame. you get a lot of spin with it, when you swingthrough it iwth pace, you get a lot of pop and spin but the upper hoop is very stiff. not the most forgiving sweet spot ive played. in all, i was surprised, prince pulled off a good atempt at this catagory.

degreefanlindi
12-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Hummer, thanks for the assessment about the new racquet. Just out of curiosity, what Wilson model would you compare it to if you had to decide?

raftermania
12-26-2004, 02:25 PM
thx. I look forward to seeing how they look.

hummer23
12-26-2004, 03:28 PM
it played a bit like a wilson ncode 5, and maybe like the old school hammer types, but not really too much in common. like i said, it had a unique feel to it. worthy of a demo if the specs are what you are looking for.

degreefanlindi
12-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Okay thanks hummer.

moosryan
12-27-2004, 05:41 AM
any players racquets in this line like the coria one?

IV10Spro
12-27-2004, 08:54 AM
I have one of the new frames. It is a pain to string. Racquet shops will not sell them just because they will not want to string them. God forbid one of the big sporting goods stores try and string one.

If Prince is going to try and market this as a players frame then they need to wake up. This "thing" is not that great for the advanced player. It looks as if this is another gimmick marketing ploy from the racquet companies.

I guess it wouldn't be to bad for the player needing the extra Power and something new to talk about at their club. It reminds me of the old days widebody frames. These things seem to be about 30mm. I could be wrong on that but it sure seems as they are that wide.

It is extremely stiff and I must say it is an interesting technology idea, but I truly believe this is just a tool for marketing because these things bring nothing to the table in terme of advancements in playability.

Just my opinion.

Hewitt rulez
12-27-2004, 10:23 AM
IV10Spro, can you give us specs on it?

Slaz
12-27-2004, 01:40 PM
And some pictures please ;)