PDA

View Full Version : hey laurie

BeHappy
02-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I want to ask you a huge favour, could you please put up the sampras-rafter 1998 Cincinnati match up on stage6?

If you do this I will never ever bug you about any other matches ever again.

EVER! ;)

It's just that that match,(along with the 97 davis cup match which you also posted), has some the best tennis Sampras has ever produce and it breaks me heart that people can't appreciate that because you can't see the ball on youtube.

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeee!!!!!! ;)

You will be as much of a hero to me as Sampras if you do this!

BeHappy
02-22-2008, 05:45 PM
also, where do you buy your videos?

pj80
02-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Leave Laurie alone man, i can see the ball just fine on YouTube. If i can then you can too...

BeHappy
02-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Obviously he can say no if he wants, I'm just asking him to do it as a favour.

laurie
02-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Sorry no can do on this ocassion. Youtube is more than enough for me, at least it's a good audience there.

BeHappy
02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
fair enough, could you tell me where you buy your dvds?

laurie
02-23-2008, 03:21 PM
They are actually my DVDs. I have my own website.

www.classictennismatches.net

BeHappy
02-23-2008, 05:26 PM
is your website out of date?

A lot of the matches you posted on youtube are not up.

laurie
02-24-2008, 02:44 AM
is your website out of date?

A lot of the matches you posted on youtube are not up.

Every match on youtube is on my website - every match.

BeHappy
02-24-2008, 12:22 PM
ok well it's probably my mistake then ,but for eg: I can't seem to find Sampras V Kuerten, (2000 miami final), I clicked on atp matches and I can't see it on the list.

http://i32.tinypic.com/124d4ja.jpg

laurie
02-24-2008, 12:52 PM
http://www.classictennismatches.net/Sampras.html

BeHappy
02-24-2008, 01:56 PM
why aren't those matches up on the ATP MATCHES -2005 section then?

On the first page you are given the option of choosing atp or wta matches, selecting atp brings you to a list of atp matches up to 2005, but lots of your atp matches featuring sampras are not featured on it.

You should either change the heading, (Atp matches up to 2005), the content of the list, or you should put a link up to 'Sampras matches' on the first page.

You're probably losing money, I wouldn't have been able to fin those matches if I wasn't able to talk to you here.

laurie
02-24-2008, 02:09 PM
why aren't those matches up on the ATP MATCHES -2005 section then?

On the first page you are given the option of choosing atp or wta matches, selecting atp brings you to a list of atp matches up to 2005, but lots of your atp matches featuring sampras are not featured on it.

You should either change the heading, (Atp matches up to 2005), the content of the list, or you should put a link up to 'Sampras matches' on the first page.

You're probably losing money, I wouldn't have been able to fin those matches if I wasn't able to talk to you here.

Listen, you are starting to get on my nerves.

BeHappy
02-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Why are you being such an as.shole?I was only trying to help you out.The navigation on your site sucks and is losing you money.How is that my fault?

I, as a costomer, couldn't buy your product.I politely brought that to your attention, (for your benefit as much as mine, as you're probably losing lots of money), and you react like this?

What's your problem?What did I do to provoke this kind of reaction?

noeledmonds
02-24-2008, 04:21 PM
BeHappy, you are being totally unreasonable here. You are not trying to help anyone other than yourself. Laurie has taken the time and effort to upload multiple free tennis clips and provide full matches at a reasonable price. In return you simply demand more in return for nothing; while showing little gratitude at all.

TonyB
02-24-2008, 04:42 PM
What's the story with the legality of being able to sell DVDs like that?

I mean, clearly they must be copies from some OTHER DVD, right? Or does Laurie have his own production staff and is producing these videos on his own?

BeHappy
02-24-2008, 04:48 PM
BeHappy, you are being totally unreasonable here. You are not trying to help anyone other than yourself. Laurie has taken the time and effort to upload multiple free tennis clips and provide full matches at a reasonable price. In return you simply demand more in return for nothing; while showing little gratitude at all.

How did you come to that conclusion NoelEdmonds?
When he said no, I said,
fair enough, could you tell me where you buy your dvds?

How is that trying to get something for nothing?

I was going to buy a couple of DVD's from his site.

How is that something for nothing?

I logged onto the link to his site and because the matches weren't in the section that they should have been in, and were labelled as being in, I couldn't find them.I let him know as he is probably losing revenue through this and he responded unbelievably rudely.

What Have I done wrong NoelEdmonds?

Seriously?

I mean I couldn't have been
(a)More polite in asking him to upload the video on Stage6
(b)More gracious and accepting when he refused
(c)More helpful in pointing out a flaw in his sites design

What did I do to deserve this?

As to yourwhile showing little gratitude at all

What are you talking about?What is your basis for saying this?

Respond to this NoelEdmonds , I'm responding to you here.I'm very surprised you would take this stance.

To Laurie, screw you.

You obviously don't want to upload a single one of your clips, or have anyone else do so either, to a lossless quality video website because you know people won't buy them then.Your youtube matches are just teasers.

It's so obvious I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier.

laurie
02-25-2008, 12:27 AM
How did you come to that conclusion NoelEdmonds?
When he said no, I said,

How is that trying to get something for nothing?

I was going to buy a couple of DVD's from his site.

How is that something for nothing?

I logged onto the link to his site and because the matches weren't in the section that they should have been in, and were labelled as being in, I couldn't find them.I let him know as he is probably losing revenue through this and he responded unbelievably rudely.

What Have I done wrong NoelEdmonds?

Seriously?

I mean I couldn't have been
(a)More polite in asking him to upload the video on Stage6
(b)More gracious and accepting when he refused
(c)More helpful in pointing out a flaw in his sites design

What did I do to deserve this?

As to your

What are you talking about?What is your basis for saying this?

Respond to this NoelEdmonds , I'm responding to you here.I'm very surprised you would take this stance.

To Laurie, screw you.

You obviously don't want to upload a single one of your clips, or have anyone else do so either, to a lossless quality video website because you know people won't buy them then.Your youtube matches are just teasers.

It's so obvious I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier.

Sure, that's why I uploaded 398 clips on to youtube over a 3 month period, and had my own website with hundreds of clips for 12 months for free whilst I paid to run the website.

Thanks Noel Edmunds. maybe this man has a screw loose or something - simple solution for him is not to watch the youtube clips. He wants me to upload 400 clips to a website again just for his own benefit whilst I haven't got the time to do somethng like that.

Don't bother Behappy to discuss this with me again.

Young Pete
02-25-2008, 01:12 AM
stage 6 uploads would be nice.

BeHappy: you have a point regarding the website being unclear.

laurie
02-25-2008, 01:55 AM
It's unfortunate Young Pete about Youtube - they use Flash. Had I heard about Stage 6 in July 2007 I may have uploaded my clips there instead - but now I don't have the time to do all that again. Also, my clips are not DIVX.

But anyway, I was thinking of a better solution for Behappy. Why don't you get a collection of matches, spot the matches, break them down into clips, or get someone to do it for you, register with Stage 6 and upload say 100 clips of matches. How does that sound? ;-) :)

TonyB
02-25-2008, 03:50 AM
I see that my question was conveniently ignored.

BeHappy
02-25-2008, 08:19 AM
It's unfortunate Young Pete about Youtube - they use Flash. Had I heard about Stage 6 in July 2007 I may have uploaded my clips there instead - but now I don't have the time to do all that again. Also, my clips are not DIVX.

But anyway, I was thinking of a better solution for Behappy. Why don't you get a collection of matches, spot the matches, break them down into clips, or get someone to do it for you, register with Stage 6 and upload say 100 clips of matches. How does that sound? ;-) :)

1)Um, that's why I was going to buy the DVD's.

2)I only asked you to upload ONE match.

3)You wouldn't even upload the, (granslam) matches youtube wouldn't allow you to upload.

4)The site Navigation is unclear, as Young Pete says.

5)You haven't answered my question, what the hell did I do to you?

Seriously, what inspired such an angry reaction?

laurie
02-25-2008, 09:48 AM
1)Um, that's why I was going to buy the DVD's.

2)I only asked you to upload ONE match.

3)You wouldn't even upload the, (granslam) matches youtube wouldn't allow you to upload.

4)The site Navigation is unclear, as Young Pete says.

5)You haven't answered my question, what the hell did I do to you?

Seriously, what inspired such an angry reaction?

It wasn't an angry reaction.

You got to remember words look a lot worse in print than when said face to face. It had irony to it, I wasn't expecting you to take it so badly.

Having said that, I still am not interested in uploading matches anywhere else, despite the fact that we all accept that youtube isn't the best. I think we should just leave it at that. What do you say?

BeHappy
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
It wasn't an angry reaction.

You got to remember words look a lot worse in print than when said face to face. It had irony to it, I wasn't expecting you to take it so badly.

Having said that, I still am not interested in uploading matches anywhere else, despite the fact that we all accept that youtube isn't the best. I think we should just leave it at that. What do you say?

Where's the irony in, ''you're starting to get on my nerves?''.

If you were even to put that single clip,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWizTgFh-iY
as opposed to the entire match, or even allow me to download it from you so I could upload it to stage6 myself, where's the effort in that?

laurie
02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Where's the irony in, ''you're starting to get on my nerves?''.

If you were even to put that single clip,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWizTgFh-iY
as opposed to the entire match, or even allow me to download it from you so I could upload it to stage6 myself, where's the effort in that?

If I'm not mistaken - Stage 6 requires DIVX which I don't have. My clips are MPEG.

BeHappy
02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
If I'm not mistaken - Stage 6 requires DIVX which I don't have. My clips are MPEG.

Let me download the clip and I'll convert it in 15 seconds.The converter comes free with the free DIVX download on their site, (along with the player and codecs etc).

laurie
02-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Actually just send me a personal message. there's no point continuing this in public.

BeHappy
02-25-2008, 10:27 AM
There are no pm's on this board for some reason.

laurie
02-25-2008, 10:38 AM
I've got your email address from the message you sent over the weekend.

BeHappy
02-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't remember sending you an email...

Maybe I did tho, send me an email then.

laurie
02-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I already have.

BeHappy
02-25-2008, 10:51 AM
there's nothing in my inbox...

pj80
02-25-2008, 05:54 PM
dont worry be happy

TonyB
02-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Once again, I still don't understand how Laurie is able to produce and sell these videos without infringing on copyrights.

How do you do it?

pj80
02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
I heard that they were shutting down Stage6