PDA

View Full Version : Wilson N5 & Big Banger Ace

schreck
12-26-2004, 06:52 AM
Got new racquet ,Wilson N5, and have a couple of packs of Big Banger Ace string. Wolud like info on stinging this racquet with this string???? Any help appreciated[/b]

David Pavlich
12-26-2004, 09:55 AM
The N5 is a light, fairly stiff frame. Adding the poly will enhance that feel. If you're convinced that you need to have poly in your frame, I'd highly recommend a hybrid of poly mains and syngut crosses.

David

hungry
12-28-2004, 04:03 AM
Luxilon strings and poly's are not very alike...

I know from experience that AluPower (at 50lbs) plays softer than any synthetic gut (at 55lbs). I then have a little mote power but with AluPower that power is controllable. Really, I strung my racket with gut at 55lbs but I preferred AluPower due to the more constant caracteristics.

scarnley
12-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Just strung up my wife's N6 OS with Ace mains and LaserFibre Syn. Gut crosses @ 60lbs. She (like me) prefers a firmer feel in the stringbed, which is why I didn't drop the tension as much as reccommended.

She liked it alot, and after she hit with it awhile I tried it, and thought it felt great with a ton of spin and control. Wasn't as harsh feeling as you might expect, either. If you go all Ace, then I'd drop the 10% in tension to keep it from being too stiff. With a hybrid, you might drop a pound or three, but I think you'll like it around where you normally string.