PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 300G

Golden Retriever
12-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Any take on this racquet? It is supposed to be light but it feels heavy but heavy in a good way(translation: stable.) I think it is kind of a light and 16/19 version of the Head Prestige if you will. Only thing I don't like about it is the length, my 2hander always feel inadequate with a 27inch. Overall a very outstanding racquet for the price.

El Diablo
12-26-2004, 09:58 AM
The customer feedback for this racquet includes 26 takes on it.

hummer23
12-26-2004, 12:19 PM
its a great frame. very solid and direct. awsome frame to customize from. very very nice package, if only it came in an 18x20 id buy them in a heart beat

djones
12-26-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't know why but this racquet feels and looks kinda clumsy to me.

bertrevert
12-26-2004, 03:06 PM
I've had my 300g one year.

Stability: not. You must add lead to this baby because it's very light (sub 11oz). Agree with hummer23 above, thinking of it as a platform to customise is right. But then when you do so it's a different racquet of course. So if you are comfortable customising, know what you want, know how to get that, then fine. It's a basic thin-beam racquet so strings, set-up, and lead make big differences.

Accuracy/Power: it can be thin-beam laser-like. But it's a low power racquet so you must have big strokes, good mechanix, weapons in your game. You can hit a big serve/forehand with it for sure.

Serve: Very good and very fast whip through.

Comfort: great. However, I am throwing my shoulder a bit fast through the serve because it's so light. So I am getting a sore shoulder.

Spin: stacks given its a 16x19.

Final: After a year I am kind-of going off mine now. I need a bit more stability. I am thinking LM Prestige MP.[/b]

doubletrouble
12-27-2004, 09:07 AM
I've had my 300s about 2 years and I gotta agree with most of what bertrevert said. Overall a very good racket.

The advantage/disadvantage of this frame is its weight. If you are looking for a lighter frame, which I was, then this plays excellent but then, of course, that is also its limitation, there is no way it has the stability of the heavier frames. So it comes down to how much weight do you want to swing.

Mine are stock except for the addition of leather grips. The best string set up I've found is Lux BB Hybrid @ 52#. Good power/control/feel and not to hard on the arm.