PDA

View Full Version : New Year - New Racquet?

bertrevert
12-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi

New year coming up, post-xmas sales, tempting new models, summer - all no reason to change your racquet but are you going to?

(I'm thinking of changing 300g to a LM Prestige MP. I won't go below 98in, I want more stability, I want more power - the 300g is rated 68 whereas the LM Prestige MP is rated 75 - and darn they look good.)

TripleB
12-26-2004, 05:18 PM
YES....maybe!!! I'm demoing (hopefully starting tomorrow if I'm lucky) the RDX-500 series (Mid, Midplus, HD Midplus) and the Babolat Pure Control. I'm thinking that I may like one of those racquets (once I get it strung my way) even better than my POG mid. If not, I guess I'll stick with the POG mid another year and just hound the board members about all the new models coming out. :wink:

TripleB

AndrewD
12-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Definately going to change and it looks like the POG O/S will be the new stick. I just have to find the best price possible, here in Oz or through TW. I did ask St Nick if it could have a price drop to $100US (then I could get 2 from TW) but, sadly, no luck :D

Initially it was going to be the LM Radical MP (lovely frame) but way too pricey. You might like to give it a try in comparison to the LM Prestige MP. Great control, good power and lovely touch.

degreefanlindi
12-27-2004, 06:31 AM
I'd love to buy a new racquet too...looking at the Wilson Ncode. Anyone have any reviews? I like Wilson best and I am looking for a racquet similar to my ProStaff 95.

TripleB
12-27-2004, 07:24 AM
degreefanlindi,

I just did a playtester review of the Wilsons (ProStaff 6.0 85, ProStaff 6.0 95, nCode nSix-One Tour 90, and nCode nSix-One 95) for Tennis Warehouse and sent it in last Tuesday. It should be up some time this week.

Simply put...the Wilson ProStaff 6.0 95 was better than any of them. The nSix-One 95 was pretty close but I'd have to string it with a poly/syn gut hybrid to help tame the power and take some of the comfort out of it (a little too muted of feel for me).

TripleB

degreefanlindi
12-27-2004, 03:34 PM
TripleB,
Awesome, I will look for the write up shortly. The nsix-one 95 was actually the racquet I was looking at...I guess I will just have to demo it because I generally do not like the muted feel either. Thanks.

thejackal
12-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Already did, betrayed my i Rad with a HPS 6.1. Played for the first time with it and loving the spin and pace I can get on my serves.