PDA

View Full Version : Board hacked again

OnyxZ28
12-26-2004, 10:01 PM
The main index.php has been hacked again,

hax0rs lab ownz Darwin - hax0rs@email.com cya!

is displayed again. I got in by accessing the subforums directly, through the history in my browser. Pretty scummy of the hackers to to this. TW, how much does a vBulletin license cost? In all honesty, Talk Tennis is the premier tennis board on the internet, and I'm sure it brings lots of extra business to you guys, hopefully that would justify the upgrade to a better forum software?

Frodo Baggins
12-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Same here Got in through Side door.-Through my browser history... Are you guys sure it's a Worm or is it really a Hacker?... Hope it gets fixed soon..

StringBreaker
12-27-2004, 04:51 AM
Looks like TW havent updated php on the web server because the haxxor says he hacked Darwin (the version of unix in Mac OS X).

A fully up-to-date php and phpbb are not a security risk, but vbulletin would be great and I'm sure we'd all welcome an upgrade to vb 3.

TW Staff
12-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Looks like TW havent updated php on the web server because the haxxor says he hacked Darwin (the version of unix in Mac OS X).

A fully up-to-date php and phpbb are not a security risk, but vbulletin would be great and I'm sure we'd all welcome an upgrade to vb 3.
Actually we have. Updated last thursday.
We purchased vbulletin last week as well. We hope to have the transition complete early this week. I will make an official post when I have a more firm date this new board will launch. Good news is all the "important" data ( threads, posts, users, etc.) has migrated without issue.

Thanks!
Jon
Tennis-Warehouse

StringBreaker
12-27-2004, 11:32 AM

We purchased vbulletin last week as well. We hope to have the transition complete early this week. I will make an official post when I have a more firm date this new board will launch. Good news is all the "important" data ( threads, posts, users, etc.) has migrated without issue.

Thanks!
Jon
Tennis-Warehouse

Awesome news on vb3 Jon, cant wait to see the migration when its complete, and thanks again for your hard work!

Ryoma Kun
12-27-2004, 01:58 PM
seriously, who hacks a tennis forum???
does it mean that much to brag to tennis players that someone would want to?
i understand hacking a warez forum or something of that sort, but tennis??? get a life loser

OnyxZ28
12-27-2004, 02:33 PM

Thanks!
Jon
Tennis-Warehouse

Sweet! You guys r0x0rz. :lol: